As long as it's not giving any gameplay advantages it's fine, myself wont buy any thing from blizz though sub is more then enough.
    Do you hear the voices too?

Quote Originally Posted by Pickwickman View Post
    You aren't seeing that there is something wrong with a game that has a Subscription to have a Store that rivals FREE TO PLAY games?

You ARE being an apologist.
    Or maybe they REALLY don't think there IS an issue with items with little to no effect on the game play, they are not forcing anyone to buy anything.
    Also look up what that word means...
    Apologist: one who speaks or writes in defense of someone or something.
    So since you are defending the ones who are saying its wrong and the idea that is wrong you are an apologist too, but there is NOTHING wrong with stating your OPINION in defense of your ideals.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Which would be stupid of me, because if that pet cost 10 euros..well...that is what I earn in 30 minutes...and I doubt it can be grindable in 30 minutes. Hum..us people are weird.
    I don't see it to what extent it is weird to do something for fun. I could effort to hire someone to play my progress raids for me but it's not going to happen. Or pay off people for glads it's not like that is incredibly expensive. Actually I find both pretty retarded.
    Last edited by cFortyfive; 2013-07-14 at 04:56 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by skatyer View Post
    Exactly this.
    "I've decided I want to make a stink in this thread, regardless of how ignorant I appear." I personally don't think the helms look very good (What would you wear them with?) but am not adverse to the potential that a f2p style shop could have. I mean if it's anything like GW2 then I would probably never use it anyway, so I'm not fussed either way.

10+ Year Old Account
    If we have to have a cash shop in the game. Can we get things like Pizza and Tacos delivered to our houses? like go into your wow browser and order from pizza hut with your wow account. They could sell headsets, mice, keyboards and other stuff too. If they need to make more money why do they have to do it with in game items.
    Last edited by SL1200; 2013-07-14 at 06:02 PM.

I'm cool with it so long as they dont put epics in the shop.
    With Fire and Brimstone I light my path.
    With Pain and Shadow I smite my foes.
    With Demon and Fel I raise my armies.
    I AM WARLOCK, THE END OF YOU ALL.

Quote Originally Posted by Bezoar View Post
    Slippery slope man slippery slope.

Such a cool one liner. I am now your fan.

Which makes me wonder..slippery slope, man, slippery slope: Are there even epics in the F2P game stores?
    A better question to ask would be: Will there be in the near future when WoW continues to bleed?

- - - Updated - - -

Epics don't matter as much as an experience potion which affects gameplay mechanics.

If your crystal ball can tell you that, take your clairvoyant talents to the game industry and get rich. As I have said before:

-how about you worry about that "in the future"?
    -maybe the day when p3win happens the day goes f2p?

And you haven't answered my initial question. Are ther BiS epics (or the eqivalent) on the stores of f2p? And if not, what makes you think Blizzard will go that way?
    You don't need a crystal ball to tell that Blizzard is grabbing you by your but cheeks and is waiting to pounce.

* I do not want to see the game I loved turn into that in the future.
    * Maybe it will go F2P and P2W at the same time but is that a risk people are willing to take?

And is WoW F2P. Obviously not so comparing if epics are in F2P stores that are less successful doesn't really matter.

Deleted
    Blizzard learned with the sparkle ponies that people are willing to part with cash for virtual items. As a business, why wouldn't they do this? They'd be mad not to. Even though I can afford it I'm not prepared to pay for virtual items and have never bought anything from their shop, nor do I intend to.

Such a cool one liner. I am now your fan.

Which makes me wonder..slippery slope, man, slippery slope: Are there even epics in the F2P game stores?
    How would you feel if the ingame store had Valor/Conq Boosts, Higher caps for Valor/Conq, ElderCoin Limit increase.
    Or something like a Platinum coin, 100% chance to get a drop from a boss.

That's the slippery slope people are talking about. Too many convenience items in the ingame shop makes the game exactly the same as a current F2P game... Without being F2P. And that's not what most people are subscribed to this game for, they are subscribed BECAUSE the game doesn't make convenience items hidden behind yet another cash register.

maybe this is just a first step in making the game free to play with a cash shop?

sticking to the 15$ subscription fee plus the shop would be pretty lame, arrogant and a huge dick move by blizzard and wouldn't help at all with stopping the huge loss of subscribers / players.

Quote Originally Posted by Bezoar View Post
    Why is that your line in the sand? Cash shop = expediency, and paying for something that's attainable in game doesn't give anyone any sort of advantage.

Quote Originally Posted by Pickwickman View Post
    Although I am one of the Doomsayers, the things that are currently in the store / going to come to the store are not bad, they're good. But its a slippery slope. They went from just mounts and pets for quite a few years to Xmog items / Exp Pots / Coins, in just one week. What's next?
    They went from:

-We will never have micro-transactions
    to
    -We will only ever have cosmetic items that have NO impact at all on gameplay on the store
    to
    -We will only sell MINOR impact items on the game store

Do you see the progression and the next logical step they are going to take? See: Eve Online (almost went to Eve Offline) as to why this will fail horribly and to the detriment of the game

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    What is the problem?
    They added an exp boost item in store as well. That is a turn towards the direction of F2P services that we all hate so much.

well now some ppl will pay to look like idiots .) becouse those helms not fitting with any gear in game (maybe exept that red one with firelands plate but still it looks different then that time sets)
    When you do things right, people won’t be sure you’ve done anything at all ... Futurama-Godfellas

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Celticmoon View Post
    I don't get it. Are people upset because they don't have the money to purchase the items? Or is it because they want the items to be something that is rare ingame?

Another reason?
    The reason OP was angry was that Blizzard are moving towards what a lot of free to play games do (having an in game shop with cosmetic items) BUT the game is still monthly subscription.

And to be honest i think they are moving towards it, i would not be surprised if when they realease information about the new expac they will also mention the game will be going free to play with said expac.

Quote Originally Posted by deviantcultist View Post
    They added an exp boost item in store as well. That is a turn towards the direction of F2P services that we all hate so much.
    That is being viewed as the big evil ? The fact that I can level faster than you if I'm willing to spend a few bucks ? We're going from worrying about what other gear people wear (free LFR epics) to now we're worried about people leveling faster than us ?

Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    That is being viewed as the big evil ? The fact that I can level faster than you if I'm willing to spend a few bucks ? We're going from worrying about what other gear people wear (free LFR epics) to now we're worried about people leveling faster than us ?
    I don't understand this either when it can be obtained just as easily in-game from Krol the Blade in the Dread Wastes.
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    btw: Spires of Arak = Arakkoa.

Might as well give us cartel coins and sell all the good looking sets on the blizz store
    Bane