Retribution Battle Healer

I would be interested in opinions on having a ret paladin use this glyph during high raid damage phases in 10m Heroic bosses given that we like to 2 heal most encounters if we can get away with it. Our group lacks DPS->HPS cds, and I was thinking about this possibility.

Thanks for your input!

For now it may be a semi-viable option. The issue is that during the time you have seal of insight up your dps would drop a significant amount.

Unfortunately if the current iteration of Glyph of the Battle Healer on the PTR holds through to live it won't matter anyway. They are changing the glyph to where it will heal someone else with the seal of insight proc instead of you.

unless you're soloing things or aoe pulling like crazy and don't want to stop to heal yourself then seal of insight is a no go for rets, I've been wanting to try going 5 rets in challange modes and everyone using selfless healer (maybe 1 ret go with a shield and righteous fury) but there's no room or viability for us to use it simply because it doesn't heal enough.
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    unless you're soloing things or aoe pulling like crazy and don't want to stop to heal yourself then seal of insight is a no go for rets, I've been wanting to try going 5 rets in challange modes and everyone using selfless healer (maybe 1 ret go with a shield and righteous fury) but there's no room or viability for us to use it simply because it doesn't heal enough.
    Which is kind of amusing because didn't Blizzard say that they envisioned Battle Healer as being a glyph Retri would take for high damage?

Your DPS would plummet if you change to Seal of Not-For_Retribution.

Your healing would be really pathetic and your dps even worse :/

Deleted
    I'd like to see numbers on this!

10+ Year Old Account
    This glyph was designed with ret in mind but it didnt pan out while it was OP in the hands of prot. In 5.4 it'll be a useless glyph.

Quote Originally Posted by ipoststuff View Post
    This glyph was designed with ret in mind but it didnt pan out while it was OP in the hands of prot. In 5.4 it'll be a useless glyph.
    I think you mean holy in mind.

Also since it scales of AP and ret doesn't have anywhere near same level of AP as prot does it is most likely going to be completely useless.

I'm curious though, the 2h shared loot table mace should hit harder so a holy pala with seal of insight might see some form of benefit from the glyph. Needs to be buffed to hell for it to work though but it can turn out to be a mechanic blizzard wants to enforce for the next expo, having paladins and monks the "melee range" healers could be interesting.
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

Quote Originally Posted by celinamuna View Post
    I think you mean holy in mind.

Also since it scales of AP and ret doesn't have anywhere near same level of AP as prot does it is most likely going to be completely useless.
    It scales of dealing damage with melee attacks not just AP.

Quote Originally Posted by Nillo View Post
    It scales of dealing damage with melee attacks not just AP.
    5.4 one scales purely of SoI. From what i've seen SoI doesn't scale off actually dmg dealt.

(i'm quoting a post discussing 5.4)