Page 3 of 76 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Mainly just posting this so you guys can see what my Vote Tallies will look like (Most already know) and so that I have a post in the thread.

Good luck everyone!

Vote Tally:

With 22 alive, it takes 12 to lynch!

Dyra: 1 / 12
    Keleb: 1 / 12
    Robozerim: 1 / 12
    Uggorthaholy: 5 / 12
    Worgenite: 1 / 12

1. Arialla
    2. Blood Fox
    3. Cattaclysmic - Uggorthaholy - Post - #38
    4. Celtic209
    5. Danner - Uggorthaholy - Post - #11
    6. Decagon
    7. Dyra
    8. ElyPop - Uggorthaholy - Post - #35
    9. Falbacca - Uggorthaholy - Post - #32
    10. Foxximccleod
    11. Gorlak
    12. Kel
    13. Keleb - Dyra - Post - #15
    14. listo95
    15. Lysah - Uggorthaholy - Post - #31
    16. Omertocracy
    17. Robozerim - Keleb - Post - #37
    18. Silkku
    19. Uggorthaholy
    20. Virothe - Robozerim - Post - #36
    21. Worgenite - Worgenite - Post - #24
    22. Xanjori

10+ Year Old Account
    Some days I really hate sleeping. So inconvenient. So full of batshit crazy nightmares.

Hello again Vanillaville. Called in to work early today, so no posting from me for the next 12 hours or so.

As a lot of people seem to find it a good choice already,
    Vote: Littlefinger

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Omertocracy View Post
    Some days I really hate sleeping. So inconvenient. So full of batshit crazy nightmares.

Hello again Vanillaville. Called in to work early today, so no posting from me for the next 12 hours or so.

I'm pretty lenient on what votes I will accept. This is too far though.

If you truly want to vote for someone please use their actual screen name.

Quote Originally Posted by Krayzy View Post
    I'm pretty lenient on what votes I will accept. This is too far though.

If you truly want to vote for someone please use their actual screen name.
    Now you're just acting kray-kray.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow, go to sleep with like 3 posts, come back to 3 pages and Uggor being 5/12 already, you people are crazy!

Quote Originally Posted by Celtic209 View Post
    hey guys on my phone at the moment just checking in. I'll make a proper post in a bit
    Guys, something tells me this man might be scum..

Quote Originally Posted by listo95 View Post
    Wow, go to sleep with like 3 posts, come back to 3 pages and Uggor being 5/12 already, you people are crazy!
    It's time for the man to die. We all take our turns, just ask celtic.

yeah damn Celtic for having a phone! must be scum.

anyways after dragging my ass out of bed I'm wondering why this uggor lynch is so popular. I know Day one but i mean come on he has had the same avatar for who knows how long and now for oh knows why its a reason to lynch him? at this point its no longer a joke vote

so then one thing that sticks out to me like a sore thumb...

Quote Originally Posted by Omertocracy View Post
    just because most people find it to be a good choice Does not mean that it is even a remotely good idea. In general rule for me in the game if you have no reason to vote on someone or you don't agree with the logic os a vote then guess what? don't vote for them. Working as a team is imporant but not to the point in which you cannot think for yourself.

vote: Omertocracy
    mid pack, no reason and that godforsaken Strength haste gem.

Decagon:
    Good reasoning.
    If I was hosting this game, I too would attempt to downscale the power of the mafia. Not because the town deserves it, but because the games end up too onesided with the currently used power balance. This makes me relatively certain that there are no more than 8 scum in the game (assuming a standard setup). I can buy arguments that the mafia team is even smaller.

But hey, I cannot be 100% sure! We could have all kinds of weird setups going on, so it's hard to say anything for sure at this point. For instance, the game flavour seems to have nothing to do with the game title; which I find peculiar. But I will concede that the multiple faction threads interpretation may be me overreading something that may not be there. Nothing beats a good counterexample to show why I could be wrong! Well put!

keleb:
    Day 1 is hard to play, that's for sure. But the most important information is usually built at this point. Using day 1 is paramount for a town victory in my opinion. And that means we have to try to make as much of it as we can. You claimed there is no information to be found. I say make some! In the real life mafia game, there is no cop, and the town still manages to win. I'm not sitting around waiting for a scum to appear. I want to find one. By almost any means necessary.

For example, you can try to start a bandwagon on some poor deserving bastard and see who bites. This gives information on constellations, and depending on the popularity and reasons for people casting votes, you can get vote tells. Some players jump on wagons like crazy, some players give a reason for joining in, some players do not join wagons at all. All of this gives information. For example, I can see that Lysah, Elypop, Cattaclysmic and Omertocracy above is joining the bandwagon with little or no sane logic to it. It doesn't necessarily mean anything at this point, but it is interesting to note. If Uggor is mafia, they are probably not. But yeah, the converse situation is going to be messy.

Or, you can try to pressure random people. While we would rather avoid the insanities of Mafia 28 where I think 3 TPRs ended up outing themselves by day 1 end (or was that day 2?), it is good to see how people react to pressure given their role and situation. I believe that is what you are doing to me now, for example. Rather aggressive play by the way. But it makes you one of four players who is actually trying to do something at this point, and for me that is information. My notes on you say "probably town" as a result, despite you having done nothing but attack me all game. That's information right there, and it means day 1 is not wasted. I now know something that I did not know 12 hrs ago.

If we can do that three more times before day 1 ends, we should be able to close the day with a reasonably good status.

--

So, let me try to turn up the heat a little. We need something to argue about. Mafia team size is a great topic apparently, so I will ask this to everyone in town.

1. How many mafia players and teams do YOU think we have in this setup?
    2. Do YOU think we have a serial killer?
    3. Do YOU think we have a cult?
    4. Should Uggorthaholy be lynched on principle?
    My answers:

1:
    I guess 1 mafia team with 6-ish members. There may be a traitor or two to weaken the mafia roster, or other weakening options available, as reasoned by Decagon. To punish mass-claiming, most games seem to have a mafia roleblocker these days, so I will also assume there is one.

But given the mention of two football teams, there may even be two mafia teams around.

2:
    I guess 1 serial killer. This makes it 7 scum players in total, which seems about right.

3:
    There should be a hint if there is. Apart from the faction thread plurative interpretation I have seen no such hint. As such I guess no. Hints may come tonight though!

4:
    I got more info out of Uggor than anyone else in the rainbow game as he scumslipped once and accidentally outed Simca another.
    I was just too much of a coward to act on it, and wasn't cut-throat enough to do so.
    But this means I find him very useful alive as mafia. And as town, he is useful for making bandwagons, and obviously, a town player that actually speaks.
    In short... I do not want him lynched.
    --

Leaving us at 6/12 Uggor wagon time. Thank you all for participating in this wagon. I will not vote Uggor today, as I already proclaimed when I said I would vote for a lurker. Uggor, thank you for being a wonderful bandwagon target, and offering us information like this. This gameplan was more of a success than I could anticipate.

Unvote (Uggorthaholy)
    Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

Yeah, I was out for morning errands and he went from one vote to five.

Just so I'm clear on rules - If a majority comes before someone has voted, they don't lose their vote? Only if the day goes to deadline?

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't agree with either lynches, tbh. It's still early in the Day, and I want to know if Gorlak will be showing up or not.

If I was to lynch someone based on the Uggor lynch, it would probably be Lysah or Falbacca, it was their votes that really started the seriousness to this bandwagon. Plus, it's almost tradition for me to vote Lysah at least once a game.

Also, not to detract from this, but what prevents people from just voting on random people to keep their vote? I'm not about to vote on a bandwagon that I think will be bad for town just because I want to keep my vote, so I'd be pretty much forced to vote on someone just to keep that vote.

Quote Originally Posted by dupti View Post
    Something.

@ Danner. I would say 5-6. Less if there is two teams of scum. More if one is a SK

10+ Year Old Account
    If you do not have a vote on anyone (including yourself) at deadline, you will lose your voting privilege the following day. This only matters when we hit the deadline.

Only when we reach the deadline, it seems. I must have really been tired to overlook that. Makes my complaint regarding this very less relevant.

Something.

Voting for someone based on past games seems silly to me as well. Uggor was scum the last, he has to be this game. Hopefully we don't have people jumping on their own death bandwagon

Deca - Thank you, thats what i got out of it but I was just making sure.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just a reminder. This game wasn't even supposed to have started until later tonight, so some people may not check in before then.

The day doesn't end until Monday morning so you have plenty of time.

10+ Year Old Account
    What the fuck? Why are posts not even appearing in the correct order anymore?

Danner's post only showed up to me AFTER I had refreshed the page by posting a response to Arialla's post.

1. How many mafia players and teams do YOU think we have in this setup?
    -Not sure, every combination I come up with just doesn't seem right, but you are correct. Other possibilities include 2 mafia teams of 3, or perhaps 2 mafia teams of 2, with a few traitors out there that both teams can recruit from/traitors can find.

2. Do YOU think we have a serial killer?
    PROBABLY, as we know from Lysah's game, a game can be balanced pretty easily without an SK, but traditionally, we've had SKs on this forum. I don't necessarily like to base my predictions on tradition, but we don't have anything else to go on. I don't see us having more than 1 or 2 SKs though.

3. Do YOU think we have a cult?
    No. Only because they seem to be really hard to balance and setup in a big game like this. Like always though, and I probably sound like a broken record at this point, we shouldn't completely dismiss the possibility, because the Cult is a problem that need to be dealt with immediately if we have it.

4. Should Uggorthaholy be lynched on principle?
    On principle? Hell no, no one should be lynched on principle. We do need a lynch, but I think we should wait to see if we have any inactive, if we don't, we should decide from there on who to lynch, based on responses from people on the Uggor bandwagon, and perhaps see what else happens.

Something.

Quote Originally Posted by Danner View Post
    Leaving us at 6/12 Uggor wagon time. Thank you all for participating in this wagon. I will not vote Uggor today, as I already proclaimed when I said I would vote for a lurker. Uggor, thank you for being a wonderful bandwagon target, and offering us information like this. This gameplan was more of a success than I could anticipate.
    What makes you think any of the behavior exhibited thus far in the game has any significance? Mafia would know better than to jump on a bandwagon like this so early on day 1 without even being able to come close to hammering it. At the same time, mafia knows that townies know that mafia wouldn't be stupid enough to jump on a bandwagon like this so early on day 1 without even being able to come close to hammering it, which means that any information you think you might gain is WIFOM at the very best, and utter trash at the worst.

I'm not sure what you think you've gained from this, looks like a whole lot of nothing to me. All I know is that Uggor is scum and needs to be lynched, so my vote stays.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Krayzy View Post
    Just a reminder. This game wasn't even supposed to have started until later tonight, so some people may not check in before then.

The day doesn't end until Monday morning so you have plenty of time.
    I read this and was like "What? But it's Wednesday! More than half a week is so long!" and then I realized it wasn't Wednesday.

I'll hold off on voting, like I usually do.

What really annoys me about this wagon is that we're lynching based entirely on something that is pretty much gambler's fallacy.

Something.

Not much else you can do on day 1 unless some of the scum are super obvious early. Roll the dice and see who you kill. Especially bad if a TPR gets the wagon and have to out themselves to stay off the block.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arialla View Post
    What is with these awful sport teams name Dyra!
    You..... I'm watching you.... *stink eye*

Quote Originally Posted by Arialla View Post
    Voting for someone based on past games seems silly to me as well. Uggor was scum the last, he has to be this game. Hopefully we don't have people jumping on their own death bandwagon
    *puts paw up* Actually he was Scum the last two games. Possibly even the last 3. Then again, so was I (the last 2 that is). I would put my Statcat hat on, but I'm slightly delirious from the mild heat stroke I've undoubtedly gotten from all the sun bathing I did today.

Jumping on your own death bandwagon is great, I've think I've been a part of all my own lynches! When I deserved them anyway.

Just to get in a vote before I forget to, had bad experiences with coming in on the tail end of lynches recently, so apologies to whomever the RNG gods choose.

Number 11. That's Gorlak.

Sowwie Gorlak.

Vote Gorlak

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one.