Page 10 of 50 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Could this shit not have gone in one of the MILLION other threads of this nature?

One thing about MMO-C that cracks me up is that mods are around to infract people for not posting constructively (lol), yet they let countless dupe threads by. Shilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by ACES View Post
    You pay a monthly fee to be able to log in to your account and play; nothing more, nothing less.
    You should take that idea to LFR threads and see how it goes...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lomak View Post
    You pay an initial fee.
    You pay a subscription fee.
    You are still locked out of content within the game.

All facts.

It's an insult to peoples intelligence to try and spin that any other way, and it's disingenuous to give the excuse "oh they are only cosmetic".......

99% of the things in the game are cosmetic. From the way my character looks, the way he attacks, casting animation, the way gear looks. "It's only cosmetic" is a piss poor excuse for a disgusting business practice that is only succeeding because of the gullibility of the majority of blizzards "fanbase".
    I would like if I could.

As several pointed out, these items take time away from the regular content. Not to mention that I personally highly doubt that the monetary gains will go back into the subscription based content.

I've personally always been against the Blizzard micro-transactions, given that I pay a subscription fee. On top of that, I've noticed that the battlepets from the Blizzard Store are marginally stronger than regular pets (as in many of them are in the top 20 strongest pets), which pisses me off. This means that for pet battles you need to pay to get ahead.

I pay my subscription to have content made for the money so I'm able to continue enjoying the game, not so they can use the money for premium rewards. The store may be self-sufficient now, but it surely did not start that way.

I can see it from Blizzards perspective too though. Why go F2P or P2W when you can have the "secure" income of subs, and at the meanwhile run the same business model as p2w or f2p. It's doubble-dipping, and they have fans that love them for it.
    Last edited by mmoce82747fad9; 2013-07-13 at 07:36 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Hope Blizz gives discounts to costumers thats been paying monthly subs for YEARS, like me :>
    10% discount pr. year played up to 50% discount for SOME items, not everything in the store
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

I see no problems with the in game store. As long as you can't buy heroic equipment and such, and only cosmetic or stuff to help the leveling process, by all means. It doesn't effect the competitive level of gameplay, it actually helps in someways. People just need something to complain about

I'm personally not too bothered about stuff on the blizzard store but I'm completely against charging the price they charge for micro transactions that have 0 human involvement post-development and is the equivalent of a simple SQL command being executed.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiszh View Post
    I would like if I could.

As several pointed out, these items take time away from the regular content. Not to mention that I personally highly doubt that the monetary gains will go back into the subscription based content.

I've personally always been against the Blizzard micro-transactions, given that I pay a subscription fee. On top of that, I've noticed that the battlepets from the Blizzard Store are marginally stronger than regular pets (as in many of them are in the top 20 strongest pets), which pisses me off. This means that for pet battles you need to pay to get ahead.

I pay my subscription to have content made for the money so I'm able to continue enjoying the game, not so they can use the money for premium rewards. The store may be self-sufficient now, but it surely did not start that way.

I can see it from Blizzards perspective too though. Why go F2P or P2W when you can have the "secure" income of subs, and at the meanwhile run the same business model as p2w or f2p. It's doubble-dipping, and they have fans that love them for it.
    Right on point. I seriously hope Blizzard hears us out on some of this : /

Quote Originally Posted by brunnor View Post
    You should take that idea to LFR threads and see how it goes...
    I think there is a distinction though. I pay $15 a month, if Blizzard wants me to keep paying $15 a month, THEY need to come up with something to keep me subbed. LFR\Pet battles\Brawler's Guild are just those kinda things. Asking me to pay $15 a month, but say "Sorry you're not skilled enough to get access to anything is a good way to get me to stop paying. And it's not that I'm entitled one bit, You tell me the only way I can do X is I have to do Y, I say, OK..no thanks and go about my way.

But like most companies I'll be asked why am I leaving and I'll say "I can't do X, so I might as well move on". It's the players who want those people gone. Blizzard the company says "we want you to stay and here's what we'll do to keep you". It's the Players who are pissed off about that and feel like it's their raid heroics or the highway.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't mind paying a monthly fee, but it really bothers me that they are putting effort into making good looking gear for real life money when there's only a few good looking items for each class, mostly from TBC.
    Last edited by Agoonga; 2013-07-13 at 07:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BatteredSausage View Post
    haha what...you think you own your character and everything with it? All you do is pay to play on there servers (or rent a space on there servers if thats how you want to look at it)...the only thing you own is the actual disk if you have a hardcopy BUT not the content on it, the cardboard box it comes in but not the graphics thats printed on it , the paper the games instructions comes with in the box but not the contents printed on the paper...get the drift?
    No not at all but I am wondering where people get that from as I have heard that before, so a real source would be nice.
    Closest I came to is:

XIV. World of Warcraft and Television Service
    Beginning on the Effective Date, as part of the monthly Service subscription fee, you shall receive access to both the World of Warcraft online game and a television service (ESL Turtle TV), which is an IP TV service featuring, among other content, Blizzard games, Blizzard products and other Blizzard related content.

Quote Originally Posted by User789 View Post
    May sound a little harsh but do you have any source on that ? and no a blue post is not enough, well maybe if it is from Ghostcrawler.
    Wait, a source from a representative of the company is not good enough, than what is? You need to see the skies split and the voice of Gods tell you this in person?
    The night is dark and full of terrors...

Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    I think there is a distinction though. I pay $15 a month, if Blizzard wants me to keep paying $15 a month, THEY need to come up with something to keep me subbed. LFR\Pet battles\Brawler's Guild are just those kinda things. Asking me to pay $15 a month, but say "Sorry you're not skilled enough to get access to anything is a good way to get me to stop paying. And it's not that I'm entitled one bit, You tell me the only way I can do X is I have to do Y, I say, OK..no thanks and go about my way.
    Ok. The only way to get one of the new helms is to pay extra. This gear is leaps and bounds more exclusive than anything in the game, because there's no possible way to acquire the gear by simply playing.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post

But like most companies I'll be asked why am I leaving and I'll say "I can't do X, so I might as well move on". It's the players who want those people gone. Blizzard the company says "we want you to stay and here's what we'll do to keep you". It's the Players who are pissed off about that and feel like it's their raid heroics or the highway.
    The latest tier of raiding doesn't equate to "everything."
    It only makes up a fraction of the content that is WoW and you have access to 99% of it.

But why is it acceptable to then say "sorry, you don't want to pay extra, you can't have access to these mounts and transmog pieces."

Deleted
    The most important thing to realize is that Blizzard will NEVER make Tier Sets or any current content gear available for cash; they are not stupid enough to do that and you can mark my words that it'll never happen.
    Blizzard will never allow you to have chars on both sides of a PVP realm - They did
    Blizzard will never allow you to transfer from one server to another - You can
    Blizzard will never sell anything in a online store - They do
    its hard to say that they will never do anything, as they have a habit of doing it.

I do agree with you that its a smart move to use micro transactions, but in a Sub based game I Personally don't feel its appropriate. Especially when considering the amount of Cash they get from subs and merchandising rights worldwide is more than enough to develop content

From my point of view Blizzard has made a significant shift in how they act as a company in recent years. When i started playing computer games it was basically because of Blizzard products(D2, WC3). Since this time every release in those two of their three franchises was a nobrainer for me: i bought it without doubt or hesitation, and i am usually a very sceptic customer. Not only did i play WoW and D3 extensively, i also participated in official and community forums and eagerly followed BlizzCons and other important announcements. I was more than a usual costumer, i became a fan.

Now as i was forced to unsub from WoW for the first time in many years i still keep looking for reasons to resub again in a future patch. But besides the actual content (i don't like the general direction there either) i have to admit Blizzard is giving me more and more reasons to never come back again to WoW. First it was the Auction House which ultimatively turned me away from D3 and now i have the impression their main motivation is to get as much money as possible out of WoW. I no longer think Blizzard games are unmatched accomplishments in terms of enjoyment and longevity, a universally accepted standard of game design and innovation.

Maybe i am too much of an idealist but in my opinion Blizzard has been transformed from a video game developer only concernced with making games to satisfy their customers to an entertainment corporation mainly concerned with earning money to satisfy their investors. Making video games seems to be just another tool to accomplish their business objectives. Basically they are no longer the outstanding and most innovative video game company, just another developer/publisher as there are many of them out there. This is my opinion, the only thing i can say for sure i am no longer a fan.

I don't like the fact that the current gear in the game looks so plain and boring while this new store stuff is really cool...

even these f2p games offer a way to get the cool stuff without spending money, even it if takes a year to convert normal world currency to the store currency.

The most important thing to realize is that Blizzard will NEVER make Tier Sets or any current content gear available for cash; they are not stupid enough to do that and you can mark my words that it'll never happen.

The Blizzard store is not a slippery slope, it is a smart business move to bring in more money for the company. The more resources Blizzard has, the more content they can develop and the better off we are as players.
    How can you guarantee that tier sets or items with stats will never appear on the store? You can't. If they feel they can make money off of it they will.

The BOLD part of that quote makes me face palm. I would rather them devote resources making the stuff for the store to making content for the game. We all pay a subscription to play this game and that subscription money goes to the making of the items that is in that store. If the store starts becoming another cash cow they will become more concerned with making stuff for the store rather than content.

There is no coincidence in the free fall of subscriptions and the sudden appearance of an in game store.
    I have been chosen by the big metal hand in the sky!

Quote Originally Posted by Durandro View Post
    Yep. Get a basic Sky package and see how many channels are restricted.
    But you are getting the package you paid for. Its just like the difference between regular and collectors edition. Are the games different? No. One just had and extra pet and some other goodies and the other is just he base game. The exact sort of extras you can buy from the store. I don't see people bitching about stuff like Digital Deluxe editions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarchor View Post
    Most MMO developers add itemshops so they can reduce the cost of their subscriptions or other premium services.

Blizzard adds an itemshop so they'll have more resources to make more item shop items.
    and thus bleed more from the consumer.

I'm on the side of people here who are saying blizzard already charges to buy the game, and then charges us for the monthly sub.. and now throwing in an item shop like other mmos today, yes, they are bleeding as much money from the consumer as they can.

This doesn't change the game, it just changes how the people will see the developers of this game in they are not sartified enough to get money for subs and the game itself selling, they want to bleed as much from the players as they can.

Anyone's argument that 'they can do whatever they want' doesn't excuse the fact this isn't ethical, at all, when its a fact other mmo's they use item shop and micro-tranactions do so because they do not have you pay a sub, so they get money from there item shops for cosmetic items, which is fine.

You cannot charge for the game, charge a subscription fee, AND throw in an item shop for cosmetic items like other mmos if you already have the other two, and call it ethical. You might call it 'good business', but those here have as much right to call it greed, unethical bullshit from a bunch of greedy developers, which is correct.
    #boycottchina

Quote Originally Posted by majesta View Post
    How can you guarantee that tier sets or items with stats will never appear on the store? You can't. If they feel they can make money off of it they will.

The BOLD part of that quote makes me face palm. I would rather them devote resources making the stuff for the store to making content for the game. We all pay a subscription to play this game and that subscription money goes to the making of the items that is in that store. If the store starts becoming another cash cow they will become more concerned with making stuff for the store rather than content.

There is no coincidence in the free fall of subscriptions and the sudden appearance of an in game store.
    I could say that Canada will invade the US and make us all worship Justin Bieber too, but that doesn't mean it will happen. You are just like chicken little, running around complaining that the sky is falling, when you have idea what will happen.