Page 41 of 50 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Duster505 View Post
    The trading cards could not be used as currency inside WOW. They on its own were never outside resource that you could trade after you logged into the game. Its true that they were items that were bought for real money. But real money was never currency AFTER you logged into the game.

There is a big difference. What BLizzard is talking about now is adding direct IN GAME currency that is connected to real life money that can be used to buy in game items. It opens up many different worm holes that TCG could never do.

ANY person that pays a sub for a game should not have to then load extra cash into ingame currency to buy through cash shop. WHy? Because only F2P games use currency directly connected to real money that can be used in cash shop.... Sub driven game does not need such system cause it already gets his revenues through the subs.

There is nothing complicated about this... You pay a sub fee and buy items from web store. OR you buy ingame currency for real money to spend on ingame web store items. Thats why one is called Sub based game and the other classed F2P game.

- - - Updated - - -

I personally think this is very different. As a player that has been playing F2P game with cash store for few years... The core of the game totally changes with connecting any currency with real money. Be that in GW2 or in Neverwinter. Or even RIFT and SWTOR now. Some of them offer sub but none of those games prevents a player that has used ingame cashop to not log into the game. They might close down some content for them ore limit it. But not force anyone to pay for just loging in for wearing those items.
    be
    I personally will not be supporting WOW if they decide to add ingame shop and still expect everyone to pay sub. It simply would not be good long term model and will weaken the game for new players considering the age of the game and what is already being offered on the MMO market.
    If we're talking about items and not the currency. I pay $20 for a mount. I have to sub to use it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kekekz View Post
    Everyone hated BC, everyone hated Wrath, everyone hated Cata and everyone will hate MoP. MoP will become the new worst expansion and Al'akir or BoT will become the new "last good raid" or something stupid like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelliak View Post
    You're now blocked. Told you I was done with you. You want to pick fights over minute details as if this is the fucking presidential debate on a gaming forum.
    Enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by neanoa View Post
    You're ignorant if you think it'll stop at purely cosmetic stuff. You'll be seeing different sort of buffs to ingame currencies soon enough. Be that honor, conquest, valor, justice, charms - you name it.

I unsubbed today, been playing since early 2006 - and this is where I get off. It's the principle and the lack of integrity on Blizzard's side - not the current content.
    HAHAHA you make ny day Dude thank you :P and i tough my life sux lol but when i see posts like this i feel realy Important

Quote Originally Posted by ACES View Post
    ...snip...
    You pay a monthly fee to be able to log in to your account and play; nothing more, nothing less.
    ...snip...
    That used to be the case, but then the market changed. Players expect more because other games are delivering more. It is no longer enough, and Blizzard knows it is no longer enough that is why they have moved to a faster content release schedule. People pay for value. There is no value in just being able to connect, they can just connect to any number of FTP games. People pay for fun. If people don't feel they are getting enough fun/value out of their monthly sub they will quit.(as they should) For some people having an online store detracts from their fun, by making in game achievement less meaningful and store purchases more meaningful. Many people play MMORPGs because you get out of it what you put in, not what you pay in.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Abysal View Post
    Well Pet Store/TCG has been around since at least Wrath. I just don't understand why it's just now an issue. I can understand people not liking microtransactions. What I can't understand is why they are only getting up in arms now, as opposed to way back when TCG and Pet Store were first introduced to WoW?
    I remember a lot of outrage in the forums with the initial pet store and every time they continued to slip down that slope afterwards.

T
    There is nothing complicated about this... You pay a sub fee and buy items from web store. OR you buy ingame currency for real money to spend on ingame web store items. Thats why one is called Sub based game and the other classed F2P game.
    So basically, you can either pay extra money to buy cosmetic stuff outside of the game that you use in game, or you can pay extra money and then make the purchase while logged into the game. The only real difference here is that the situation you have no problem with requires you to use a web browser. When you get down to it, all the in game store is doing is adding convenience.

Let's break this down:

Old method: You pay your sub and can either decide A. I want to buy TCG mounts or B. I don't want to buy TCG mounts.
    New method: You pay your sub and can either decide A. I want to buy mounts off the in game store or B. I don't want to buy mounts off the in game store.

The only thing that's changed is where you buy it if you choose to buy it. Most people probably will continue to not buy these things regardless and will be completely unaffected by this change.

Quote Originally Posted by jbombard View Post
    I remember a lot of outrage in the forums with the initial pet store and every time they continued to slip down that slope afterwards.
    I must have missed all the outrage, but it's 2 expansions later and you don't hear a single complaint about it anymore which makes it seem that all the outrage was just noise and no one ultimately cared once it was actually incorporated in game. Chances are the exact same thing happens with the in game store. If it ever comes to US/EU and people actually see it, they will realize, "oh I just don't care about this I'm not going to buy anything here anyway" and move on.
    Last edited by Abysal; 2013-07-17 at 01:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sqicychiqotles View Post
    Let me put it this way. I saw no difference between WoW before a feature was announced and after it was released. People get up in arms about EVERYTHING. This is no different.
    Sure about that ?

...snip...
    I must have missed all the outrage, but it's 2 expansions later and you don't hear a single complaint about it anymore which makes it seem that all the outrage was just noise and no one ultimately cared once it was actually incorporated in game. Chances are the exact same thing happens with the in game store. If it ever comes to US/EU and people actually see it, they will realize, "oh I just don't care about this I'm not going to buy anything here anyway" and move on.
    As I am sure will be the case with this. The people who are pissed enough will quit, and you won't hear from them again. The people who are pissed but not enough to quit, will just give up and say screw it and keep playing. After so much bitching on the official forums, bitching gets old and they move on. I didn't quit when they added the pet store, but I stopped collecting pets for the most part as it was no longer fun for me knowing that the most high quality pets would have to be bought. Honestly the mounts never did much for me as they are all a bit loud for most tastes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well Pet Store/TCG has been around since at least Wrath. I just don't understand why it's just now an issue. I can understand people not liking microtransactions. What I can't understand is why they are only getting up in arms now, as opposed to way back when TCG and Pet Store were first introduced to WoW?
    TGC started out in 2006. No one said any more than how much they wanted the various mounts that came along with it. That's kinda where the 'demands' for a game store stemmed from, since the availability of trading cards was pretty restricted depending on location, and the mounts themselves ended up more readily available from third parties for the price of a selection of limbs, as oppose to the general playerbase for the much more reasonable couple of pounds a pack - but even there, still something of a gamble.

There was outrage and slippery slope hailing of the end times when the sparkly pony was launched toward the end of Wrath (2010ish?), that wained however as people turned instead to ridiculing That Retarded Horse as people sensed the slope was pretty shallow and offered reasonable footing.

10+ Year Old Account
    The only person that has zero understanding on the basics of what WOW is built on is you Mr. And you best show that when you call ppl that are not willing to pay extra as lazy... And idiots. No they are not. That sort of logic just shows how far YOU are from reality if you think Blizzard can come out with statement like that.

Blizzard can not have it both ways. Thats just a fact. They can not both keep subscription and ingame cash shop. You might accept it.... but like I said... You dont get the logic of basic consumer rights. Blizzard WOULD be betraying players that have been paying for this game for years if they add the shop and still expect the same ppl to pay sub. Thats just a fact that not even you with your poor logic can not debate. Cause Blizzard said it THEMSELFS few years back. And thats just a fact they and you have to accept.

We chose to go with the subscription-based model instead of that approach. We've taken the approach that we want players to feel like it's a level playing field once they're in WoW. Outside resources don't play into it -- no gold buying, etc. We take a hard line stance against it. What you get out of microtransactions is kind of the same thing and I think our player base would feel betrayed by it. I think that's something else you have to decide on up-front instead of implementing later.

--Rob Pardo, Blizzard's Senior Vice President of Game Design (2/20/2008)

It was not ME that said ppl have the right to feel betrayed. It was the Senior Vice President of game design at BLizzard. So putting "betrayed" in "" just shows your lack of real logics instead of accepting the bloody obvious that Blizzard can not come back few years later after adding few mounts and pets and rip the core out of the game - and still think 8 million players are willing to pay subs like nothing happened. It doesn't work like that Mister.
    First of all, don't verbal me. I said that people who aren't willing to pay extra are either lazy or unsuccessful or they just don't want the items enough. The ones who claim that they're being somehow wronged by this are the idiots.

"The logic of consumer rights"? Hahaha! You're just spouting nonsense; misusing words and concepts you quite clearly don't understand. Blizzard is well within their rights to maintain a cash shop; Pardo's comment clearly refers to anything that gives a player a competitive advantage in-game. He specifically cited gold buying because of the versatility of that currency in-game and thus the advantage it could offer a player, as well as the de-stabilisation of the in-game economy. Cosmetic helmets, mounts and pets do none of these things.

I'd suggest you quit while you're behind, little boy. Your general ignorance of the business world is making you look like a complete, belligerent fool.

Quote Originally Posted by Grevie View Post
    I can try, but i read your post.. it will be a waste, you think you re right about your statements, and a bit angry about people thinking diffrent than you, you even are challenging me about it, it will be a waste of time, with you trying to close every argument, we can argue hours, that's seems a waste of time , but yeah #paymore is the new trend, it seems ilogical for the consumers, get more things for
    what you already pay make the money most valuable. IHMO.
    Oh, yes, of course. You don't need to provide any evidence for your claims, because you can call me unreasonable - yet another unsupported claim! I'd again re-iterate my request that you all stop invoking logic in this argument, it has absolutely nothing to do with logic. The only logic rearing its head around here is in the form of logical fallacies spewed up by the angry, shrieking crowd of people who don't understand what a business is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post
    Didn't help that he had Sky Admiral Warcrimes McEvillaugh flying his airship for him.
    hi im tydrane from dranasuss

@Inahu: You are wrong, and blind to the simple fact that the 15 dollars you pay every month is supposed to give you all out access to what the game has to offer.

If we let them get away with this its only a matter of time before its more stuff you can buy but still have to pay a monthly fee.

It is comparable to having to pay for Xbox Live as a "service" to just use your internet you already pay for, at least in the future they are committing to having a ton more servers so its more reasonable that way.

and by the "its a buisness making money" argument, it would be ok if they doubled the monthly fee, and also charged a 1 dollar admission to every raid you do to help fund the instance servers.

Quote Originally Posted by Inahu View Post
    "The logic of consumer rights"? Hahaha! You're just spouting nonsense; misusing words and concepts you quite clearly don't understand. Blizzard is well within their rights to maintain a cash shop; Pardo's comment clearly refers to anything that gives a player a competitive advantage in-game. He specifically cited gold buying because of the versatility of that currency in-game and thus the advantage it could offer a player, as well as the de-stabilisation of the in-game economy. Cosmetic helmets, mounts and pets do none of these things.
    There is extensive gold selling/buying in game, you should be completely blind to not see it. Apart from scammers, there are also people who use cash-shop to sell mounts to other people for gold. Blizzard even tried to make it "easier" by introducing 1 BoE pet. And in-game cash-shop always leads to promotion of gold-selling, directly and indirectly. Gold-buying via cash-shop existed for quite a time.
    I'd suggest you quit while you're behind, little boy. Your general ignorance of the business world is making you look like a complete, belligerent fool.
    Sadly, tons of people who are leaving game, can't outweight income which Acti-Blizzard gets from brainwashed people. By buying pet/mount/help/flask/whatever in $$-shop, those people are just supporting them to continue with their foul practices.

Oh and when you will start to make accent on "business" in game, well you are killing game, that's it. Gaming was used to be art, not some cash cow for milking. That quote from Pardo was not the only evidence of Blizzard (pre-Activi$ion) politics, when cash-shop was something entirely unacceptable for WoW. Now it's even gonna become part of in-game UI like in some f2p game. It's just a spit towards already paying customers.

Quote Originally Posted by sqicychiqotles View Post
    If we're talking about items and not the currency. I pay $20 for a mount. I have to sub to use it.
    Blizzard also had to figure out ways to help market it and having it link back to WoW likely made them some nice money. The RNG on top of market place kept these items in the dream category. Seriously sucks though to not be able to use something because of a subscription fee.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    That Retarded Horse
    Ah thanks for the reminder and laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by ACES View Post
    Every time Blizzard announces something new for the pet store we see the same threads come up about how a game with a monthly sub fee shouldn't have a microtransaction store. I get really frustrated when I see these posts because some people just don't get it.

You pay a monthly fee to be able to log in to your account and play; nothing more, nothing less.

Blizzard is a business and they have to do with that money whatever they feel will be most profitable. This can be anything from developing PvE and PvP content to developing items for the Blizzard store. The purpose of the former is to keep people subscribed to WoW and maybe even bring old people back/new people in. The latter is designed to bring in additional revenue to be able to develop more content.

The most important thing to realize is that Blizzard will NEVER make Tier Sets or any current content gear available for cash; they are not stupid enough to do that and you can mark my words that it'll never happen.

The Blizzard store is not a slippery slope, it is a smart business move to bring in more money for the company. The more resources Blizzard has, the more content they can develop and the better off we are as players.
    Many others in this thread have already disproved your opinion and thoeries.

Apply blizzards business model to any other subscription on the planet and you'd be outraged:
    You login to Netflix and they've put no new movies on for 6 months. You do a search, find a new movie only to find when you click play, it tell's you there's going to be a $5 charge.
    You get in an accident. You click your onstar button and they tell you they need to have your credit card number before they can contact help for you, and it will be a $20 fee.
    You turn on your tv (directv/cable/dish whatever) only to find all you get are the infomercial channels. Every other show is pay per view.

Starting to see how dumb that model is? If you can't see it's the same exact thing, come back in a couple years when you're a little older and wiser.
    Apply blizzards model to any other subscription service,you'd be outraged:
    Netflix adds no new movies for a year, you click a new movie, there's a $5 fee.
    You're in an accident, click your onstar button, but there's an addition $20 fee for them to help.
    You turn on your tv only to find all you get are the infomercial channels. Every other show is pay per view.
    See how dumb that model is?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by neanoa View Post
    You're ignorant if you think it'll stop at purely cosmetic stuff. You'll be seeing different sort of buffs to ingame currencies soon enough. Be that honor, conquest, valor, justice, charms - you name it.

I unsubbed today, been playing since early 2006 - and this is where I get off. It's the principle and the lack of integrity on Blizzard's side - not the current content.
    They already have the exp boost for the in game store and are also putting in charms, you sir have esp.

To all of those people whore are going to unsub because of a Blizzard Store, can I have your gold ?

Some people will leave and some people will comeback

People are going to care about Blizzard Selling ilvl 483 pve gear when the during the 522 ilvl tier season ?
    Selling a Season 11 pvp gear during season 13 ?

And let's face it, Raiding and RBG are serious business nowadays

For myself I cant wait to buy an xp potion 100% for my lvl 25 Alliance Pally, wich I don't have the courage and time ( I'm busy with my Horde) to start the leveling process again and then buy a 483 ilvl Pve Set so I can join Alliance raids. umadbro ?
    Last edited by Phuongvi; 2013-07-17 at 06:42 AM.

WoW isn't a game where an instore game should work. Firstly it has a subscription fee, so they are double dipping into peoples wallets.

GW2 on the other hand is a perfect game for an in-store game, you can't pay to win like wow. Its not a gear progression game. its about aesthetics. Also they have a trade you can make gold in-game and convert it to the store currency gems. You don't have to spend a dime if farm enough, or you have money you can just buy currency via cash. GW2 is making huge amounts of money from their store because they release new content and stuff to buy ever 2 weeks. WoW can't and doesn't release new content that fast.

If Wow allows you to spend gold in the game store then its ok for old players who have banked a lot. bad for new players but I doubt there are a lot of new WoW players.
    "you can't be serious!!" - yes actually I am.

I never bought a sparkly horse or similar before I quit.

If I buy something from the store, does it become mine? Do I have ownership of it?

If I do, I would want to have access to it at anytime. If I can't, it's probably not worth buying.

blizzowned

now unavailable for comment

Last edited by coldrain; 2013-07-17 at 06:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arogor View Post
    So it's ok for them to start charging us for raid/pvp gear since we're able to play without it. And the extra income and development might just go into new items for the store.
    Let me explain something to you, the monthly fee goes to profit, powering all the systems wow run on and paying all the employees that work on maintaining wow.
    When you buy an expansion you buy all the content that's intended for a full expansion.

Anyways, I think blizzard are realizing that a free to play model is the better option for todays gaming market but they're not going to throw their entire subscribtion fee away instantly. Give them a year to figure out how and what they'll do with cash shop and make a system that actually works for it, untill wow goes free to play expect monthly fees to get cheaper. Blizzard has said that they lack the "new" players to wow, part of that barrier that new players have to go past is the monthly fee and 4 expansions. It's simply expensive to start to play wow, espeacially if you're not sure what's it about. Making wow free to play will break half that barrier and it'll be a lot more inviting to new players once wow is free to play.

my 2 cents
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by coldrain View Post
    blizzowned

now unavailable for comment

Because buying gold and buying items with no stats is in the same boat I mean, buying the new items coming out to the pet store will help me get world 1st and the highest arena rating ever obtained. This point has been said many times already but I guess it needs to be said again.

None of the items in the store are in anyway a requirement to play the game nor do they boost anything you do.

Gold / cash sink =/= OP items that break the game.

Deleted
    You are wrong OP. we pay for:
    Account.
    Maintenance
    Premium Services that are:
    Game content from time to time.
    Opportunity to achieve what we want in game. (and we don't get this)
    Imagine you rent a house but the owner tells you "if you want to use the kitchen you must pay additional fee"
    And that is just wrong, good for the business but wronng.
    And another wrong thing.
    YOU pay the developers to make things, like content, items, achievements.
    Well they made that items that will be sold at AH from the money you paid, and that money goes into services, soo they make things being paid from your own money and then they ask more money to give you that items. WRONG.
    Last edited by mmoce05feee610; 2013-07-17 at 06:24 AM.