Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amerissis View Post
    It's scary to see how kids are raised these days This is what happens when you let the tv and computer babysit them. Games should be prohibited before 18.
    I wouldn't blame games and media for shitty parenting, that's how people form opinions like Kamran's.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kamran View Post
    Video games as a father seems really fucked up for me yea. It's really creepy tbh
    And suddenly, everything else you wrote makes perfect sense.

Deleted
    I'm used to see adults defending their childish hobbies on internet boards. I sure as hell hope I won't be playing video games at 30+, I'd feel my life would be a waste tbh.

Though I don't really care how you feel about your own life, or about your life in general, it doesnt interest me (hint : don't talk about it, it's useless). Let's just say you're ruining my game, and that's a thing I do care about.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm used to see adults defending their childish hobbies on internet boards. I sure as hell hope I won't be playing video games at 30+, I'd feel my life would be a waste tbh.
    Everyone needs a hobby. What do you plan to make yours when you grow up, and can you seriously say it would engage you as much as a video game would?

Though I don't really care how you feel about your own life, or about your life in general, it doesnt interest me. Let's just say you're ruining my game, and that's a thing I do care about.
    Then stay out of LFR and go do Normal/Heroic. Problem solved, neither of us has to deal with each other. But then again, I'm no longer inclined to care about your whining since you're being so open and honest about not caring about others.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rushro View Post
    (...)blah(...)
    Too much qq, didn't read.

Still: no. Just no.

Deleted
    You don't stay out of LFR. LFR is a cornerstone of the game as of today. It has to be removed, I won't be satisfied until it happens.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Callei View Post
    Everyone needs a hobby. What do you plan to make yours when you grow up, and can you seriously say it would engage you as much as a video game would?
    Lol, engaging? What about all those "waaa raiding is too difficult I have childrens, please make game easy for me because I'm bad"

You don't stay out of LFR. LFR is a cornerstone of the game as of today. It has to be removed, I won't be satisfied until it happens.
    Much like how I won't be satisfied until people like you stop whining about something you don't have to do if you don't like it.

Somehow, I don't think either of us will get our wish.

Deleted
    Well maybe if you have a "family" you should take care of your childrens/wife instead of playing a video game at 30yo ? No ?
    Well, maybe you should've just used a condom so you don't have to deal with annoying brats and instead have more time to enjoy your own fucking life? No?

Btw: You claim to be a father, yet you seem to be ridiculously childish. Like "qq, I want this, I want that." Grow up, kid!

10+ Year Old Account
    Cry more. You can easily do Normal/Heroic without LFR gear if you're as good as you think you are.

Lol, engaging? What about all those "waaa raiding is too difficult I have childrens, please make game easy for me because I'm bad"
    Cry more, Blizz listens to where the money is or the money walks. Don't like it? Quit and go play a different game, because people like you are a periphery demographic.

edit: Aren't you in high school, dude? Imagine if your friends (I'm assuming you have those; it's this thing where you hang out with people that share similar interests and you do this thing called having fun together) knew you came to a video game fansite to whine about what other people do in their free time because they're older than you. They'd probably laugh the blue off your ass.
    Last edited by Thage; 2013-07-15 at 01:45 PM.

Lightforged Draenei
    10+ Year Old Account
    How I think LFR should be changed is: release it at the same time as normal mode raid, however make the gear itemlevel equal to previous tier normal mode (for example siege LFR gear would be 522, or ToT LFR gear would be 496). This way all the casual players can experience the content, get themselves some sweet upgrades while the normal mode crowd doesn't need to set foot inside it. It's so simple yet I don't understand why blizzard didn't go with it, this way everyone would be happy and it would certainly lower the QQ threads about LFR killing WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by taurenguard View Post
    How I think LFR should be changed is: release it at the same time as normal mode raid, however make the gear itemlevel equal to previous tier normal mode (for example siege LFR gear would be 522, or ToT LFR gear would be 496). This way all the casual players can experience the content, get themselves some sweet upgrades while the normal mode crowd doesn't need to set foot inside it. It's so simple yet I don't understand why blizzard didn't go with it, this way everyone would be happy and it would certainly lower the QQ threads about LFR killing WoW.
    Not a bad plan; the only issue here is figuring out the ilvl for the opening tier and/or risking having too small a jump between either 5-mans and first-tier LFR, or first-tier LFR and second-tier LFR.

[sneakyedit] You could also throttle the item level of 5-man heroic blues, and domino effect it backwards to questing greens and blues, but you gotta be careful with that if Blizzard plans to go forward with their goal of total gear resets for all raid gear by the time we hit the next level cap like they did in Cataclysm and MoP (as opposed to cutting-edge progression raiders running and downing Naxx in Sunwell gear).

edit: Oop. Time for my daily nine-to-five. Back later, all, assuming the thread's still open.
    Last edited by Thage; 2013-07-15 at 01:56 PM.

Deleted
    It has to be removed, I won't be satisfied until it happens.
    Which is completely and utterly irrelevant.

People got to used to LFR now.

If they remove or release it in mini patches as you suggested the playerbase will take yet another major hit and drop. Looking how WoW is already using subscribers and has a hard time to get new players in such a old game i can only see LFR to not only stay in the game for as long as it will be live but it will become even more accesible.

LFR is here to stay and in do time will have priority over normal raids one way or another.

PS: Not saying it's the good thing to do for the game but from a buisness perspective it is the right choice to keep players in the game longer.

Quote Originally Posted by Auxis View Post
    Ok, someone needs to explain this to me. Can you jump from full heroic 5 man gear/a few rep/crafting epics into a 10/25 raid?

I'm legitimately wondering how LFR taints normal raiders... Can't they just pretend it doesn't exist?
    No they cant because there fucking idiots...luckily though there a minority and they only seem to congregate on these forums in masses because they havnt got anything better to do, you would think they would have better things to do like be progressing in hardcore modes but they dont, in fact most that whine are probably in wank guilds that cant do shit anyway...oh and lets not forget these same people that are on this site whining like babies most probably run lfr on a weekly basis. Ironing at it best!!
    The sake of complaining just for the hell of it.

There will be LFR<FLexi raid<normal<heroic ...and there still moaning like mongs. This right here is the mentality that the majority have to put up with in this game. And they wonder why they think its gone to shit.....its about time they started looking closer to home.
    Nothing but social fucking missfits in life the lot of em.

No they cant because there fucking idiots...luckily though there a minority and they only seem to congregate on these forums in masses because they havnt got anything better to do, you would think they would have better things to do like be progressing in hardcore modes but they dont, in fact most that whine are probably in wank guilds that cant do shit anyway...oh and lets not forget these same people that are on this site whining like babies most probably run lfr on a weekly basis. Ironing at it best!!
    The sake of complaining just for the hell of it.

There will be LFR<FLexi raid<normal<heroic ...and there still moaning like mongs. This right here is the mentality that the majority have to put up with in this game. And they wonder why they think its gone to shit.....its about time they started looking closer to home.
    Nothing but social fucking missfits in life the lot of em.
    Calm down boy!!!
    You need to read some posts, then understand what people are discussing.
    1-There isn't a minority here complaining.
    2-People are discussing about LFR/LFD, some want to remove, some wants to change a little, and others just want to hit his head because they don't want to read this posts ever.

I'm with casuals that don't like LFD/LFR, and knows that removing a tool can hurt a lot. So, we are just reading posts and thinking some solutions and answers.
    So, you can add some information, or start crying like your last posts, but don't expect anyone to respect your posts or look them in a serious way.

Looking for raid has been a thorn in much of the populations side for some time now. While it is understood that there is still a large amount of players who have found it useful and a great improvement to their monthly subscriptions the fallout it has caused in the higher difficulties has been significant. The gear is often such an upgrade from the previous tier that most non-heroic raiders feel forced to do LFR in order to maximize their characters potential. It is an option whether to do it or not, but by doing so it somewhat spoils the feeling of progression once you jump back into your appropriate raid difficulty. So you have the choice between experiencing the raid how it was meant to be or obtaining welfare gear through means that ruin that experience.

So the question I ask is this; why is LFR released in the same period of time as the actual raid?

We already see that it is gated when released, in attempt to let some of the normal/heroic raiders have some time of prestige or to get more than a month out of the subscribers who return to see the new raid and leave. If it is in fact the latter, wouldn't it make more sense to not release LFR at the same time as the actual raid?

Now this is how it should be changed; LFR should be released in the minor content patches (5.1, 5.3, 5.5) and provide no achievement.

Doing this will give the players who progress on normal/heroic a well deserved experience of the newly released raid without having LFR taint it. There is nothing rewarding about killing a boss in LFR. I realize there's still a huge difference between killing a boss in LFR and killing a boss in normal/heroic, but the fact is the feeling of progressing through the actual raid is lost. You now know what trash will be like, what traps there will be, what the rooms will look like, the dialogue and lore. I'm sure if you only raid for the progression and could care less about the surrounding raid around you these feelings won't matter as much to you. But to someone who enjoyed raids like Ulduar and Karazahn because of the uniqueness and surprises it held this is everything.

And this is where the argument "if you don't want it to be ruined, don't do it" comes in. I'm sure I'm not the only person in the world who wants to do everything in their power to help their guild out as much as they can. This includes learning the fights, getting the welfare gear, and killing bosses that drop legendary quest items if you haven't killed it that week already. If you're progressing slower than LFR is being released you feel almost obliged to do LFR or else you're letting your team down. I raid lead, I don't force people to do LFR for the same reason I don't want to, but I do it because I want whats best for the raid out of myself. There's some people who take me up on that lack pushing, but there are other who do because they are in the same boat as me or just don't care about the raid and just want to play with us. Unfortunately we fell behind this tier and my first kill to Lei Shen was in LFR. The fight is pretty much the same, but it felt like a disappointment. Being thrown in with a bunch of random players who you never met and killing a boss you could do one handed, it just felt cheap and undeserving, especially since it's the last boss of the raid.

Think about it, they blow their entire load in the first month of the new patches release when they release LFR in the same patch. I'd be curious to see just how much the subscription drop off is after the final wing of LFR is released, but I know 3 people off the top of my head who either quit shortly after or continue to log in once or twice a week just to get the rest of their gear. Now these people all have something in common, they don't have much time and LFR is a way for them to see the game progress in a far less time consuming matter. I get that this is something they look forward to, but if they're that uninvested in the game wouldn't having them wait 2 months to cash in on them be an equally financially viable option for Blizzard?

I know that this will never change and I'm pretty much doomed to repeat my spoiled experience until I eventually put my foot down at the sake of me lacking as a leader, but it was worth a rant just to see if anyone else feels like this is a problem for them too. Thanks for reading the wall of text and let me know if you think this is stupid or I'm just not seeing something right.

tl;dr release LFR a patch after the raid for it comes out

PS: if you're going to post after only looking at the tl;dr, try not to assume that I hate LFR. I like what it's there to do, I just don't want to be forced into doing it

edit: I agree that a patch behind could be too long of a wait, but with they're new release patterns I thought it wasn't that much of a time gap. I still however think it should be released in full 5-6 weeks after the raid is released, I just figured it would be easier to add it in as a minor patch feature. Also, to those who think they're smart by debunking my point of it being released at virtually the same time by saying "lol it is", a week is still the same period of time.

edit 2: Quit quoting my first line by saying I need to provide evidence for the word "much". If you want your evidence here it is. Even if it was only 1% of the population complaining, that would still be 80,000 people requesting a change. So stop arguing semantics and talk about my actual post subject. Thank you.
    You should add a poll to this thread, as I'm sure you would be pleasantly surprised with the outcome!

It really is just a minority. Even if you added all the posters on the official forums to all the posters on MMO-C (whether they are for or against, doesn't matter), it is still only a minority. The vast majority don't even touch forums. Hell, I'd bet some don't even know they exist. So yes, it is a minority complaining.
    We don't know that.
    12M of users in WoW, how many of them unsub for LFR/LFD/new easy philosophy of Blizzard? We don't know.
    How many of this vast majority don't like LFD/LFR or just find that this tools needs some fixes? We don't know.
    How many of the actual player-base think that LFD/LFR it's OK? We don't know.

So, I can say that "we are the vast majority", but I never said that.
    I know that the vast majority of people raiding are in LFR, but like me.
    And I don't know if a popularized tool is synonymy of healthy tool, but (in my opinion), the tool that implemented it's not healthy at all, and I'm here reading and discussing for that.

In my opinion wait to see how Flex raiding works out. It should offer a viable option for pugging that doesn't really exist currently thus relieving the need to run LFR for some people.
    +1. I've got some hopes in Flex raid. And the new feature to break the barrier of 10/25 man-raids too.
    Last edited by Belisaurio; 2013-07-15 at 02:44 PM.

I looked at the first 5 pages of the forum before I posted this. What I saw was plenty of complaining about the in-game store, selling transmog items, and the alliance victory in the war. I have seen plenty of those LFR posts before and most of them are rage threads, I was just trying to give my opinion on it while also considering others opinions.
    If you didn't see any other LFR whinging, you didn't look.

Deleted
    I concur on one of your point OP : As long as LFR Mode loot is higher in Ilvl than Normal Mode loot of previous raid, Normal Mode people will feel compelled to do it to maximise their chances.
    As of now LFR Ilvl is calculated to be 1 or 2 points behind normal Ilvl upgraded.
    Throne of thunder LFR mode should have dropped ilvl 494, not ilvl 502, in my opinion.
    That would fix the problem with Normal people going to LFR for stuff.

I stopped reading after you said LFR has been a thorn in much of the populations side. Fact is it isn't. What you see is a very small but vocal minority while the rest of the players that are happy just keep playing the game and never even go onto forums or even really care that they're there.

Now I did go back and skimmed through posts and skimmed through your post to get the gist of what you posted which people have already suggested. It wouldn't be good. They already gate the release of LFR by a lot. And if you're worried about having to do LFR to stay competitive and feel like you're not letting down your team then maybe they should just make them share the same lockout instead of pissing off a part of the community that is most certainly larger than the raiding community. It's fine the way it is now. The only thing would be is to maybe allow more drops from older LFR's after the next tier drops but they've already increased the chance at a drop and their are other ways to get up into the current LFR which seems like doing pvp is the best way to go. That could probably be addressed.