10+ Year Old Account

Returning Prot Quick Questions

Last edit on the Prot Sticky was in Jan. 2013 and Ive been reading some mixed info from Icy-viens and Noxx. So I just wanted to get some clarification.

Major glyphs to use are Battle Healer, Divine Prot., Alabaster Shield?
    And if using Battle Healer I guess we use Seal of Insight rather than Truth?
    Lastly, it seems that there are multiple ways to reforge (haste build/mastery build/avoidance). I hear Haste is better than Avoidance build?

If anyone could chime in I would greatly appreciate it!

Glyphs are situational. You don't want to glyph DP if you take a lot of magic damage in a fight. You can use focussed shield, focussed wrath etc depending on the situation. Hell, even use holy wrath if you want to stun elemental adds ala raggy or elegon.

You use seal of insight regardless of whether you run with battlehealer, no exceptions, always! Seal of insight gives tons of self healing. The censure part of seal of truth was nerfed with 80%? a long time back making it next to useless for tanking.

Haste is now far superior to avoidance. You want to gear haste over dodge / parry always. You want to gem haste pretty much always if you are at hit cap. People vary on exp cap but get 7.5% minimum. The more the merrier.
    Haste is superior because:
    - More Holy power generators allowing you to use SoTR more for active mitigation
    - Faster ss ticks
    - More heals from more swings.

Despite the fact that the prot sticky was last updated a while back its still accurate. Don't think twice to use it as a resource.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    Glyphs are situational. You don't want to glyph DP if you take a lot of magic damage in a fight. You can use focussed shield, focussed wrath etc depending on the situation. Hell, even use holy wrath if you want to stun elemental adds ala raggy or elegon.

You use seal of insight regardless of whether you run with battlehealer, no exceptions, always! Seal of insight gives tons of self healing. The censure part of seal of truth was nerfed with 80%? a long time back making it next to useless for tanking.

Haste is now far superior to avoidance. You want to gear haste over dodge / parry always. You want to gem haste pretty much always if you are at hit cap. People vary on exp cap but get 7.5% minimum. The more the merrier.
    Haste is superior because:
    - More Holy power generators allowing you to use SoTR more for active mitigation
    - Faster ss ticks
    - More heals from more swings.

Despite the fact that the prot sticky was last updated a while back its still accurate. Don't think twice to use it as a resource.
    Thank you very much for your response! Ill be sure to read though the whole sticky now. Its just been a long while since I played so I wasn't sure when the last patch was released relative to the date of the sticky.