Legendary Quest question

Hi guys.
    I just got the quest where i have to collect 20 secrets of the empire and 40 trillium bars. I got my quest AFTER clearing ToT. However i havent done lfr and i know the secrets will only drop once per boss regardless of the difficulty but i was wondering since i got the quest AFTER my regular raid if i do lfr will they drop or not?
    Thx

They should drop, as you only get one chance per boss and week, but you didn't had your chance on your normal clear as you didn't had the quest.

The drops are tied to your rep gains. You only get one rep gain per week per boss, so no, you won't be able to get any drops this week. It's a different system than the MSV/HoF/ToES drops.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by organik View Post
    The drops are tied to your rep gains. You only get one rep gain per week per boss, so no, you won't be able to get any drops this week. It's a different system than the MSV/HoF/ToES drops.
    I don't believe this is true. Pretty sure the OP can still get the Secrets, since he wasn't on the quest, when he did Normal. Any proof/source that it's what you claim to be?

10+ Year Old Account
    Each quest is independent. You can go back and do bosses again in the same week to get items for the next part of the quest even if you looted items for the previous part from them. Except for the guaranteed Lei Shen drop (still works for heart).

June 7:
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    I have a question about the Titan Runestone drops. I completed the quest this week for the 20 Secrets of the Empire by running LFR bosses. Now I have my metagem and I am on the quest for the Runestones. When I run the last six bosses on normal this weekend, will I have a chance for the Runestones to drop even though I got Secrets from some of the bosses on LFR?
    Thanks.

If you're on a completely different step of the Legendary quest line you should be eligible for a chance to drop. But, a minor disclaimer. This hotfix isn't in effect yet so you aren't guaranteed to get a Titan Runestone from Lei Shen. (Source)
    However, the guaranteed Lei Shen drop is only on the first time you kill him:
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    The first time you kill Lei Shen in a week (regardless of difficulty) is the only time that you're eligible for the guaranteed Secrets of the Empire or Titan Runestone.

[Edited for correction.] (Source)

tyvm! ill go and do lfr right now!