Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hiding shoulders is something that's needed, so many looks are totally ruined by shoulders. And hiding chest armor would be neat for getting that barbarian look.
    Also with the giant belts we are getting, hiding them would be great. Gloves can also be annoying at times.

Otherwise it would be great if we could have clothing, especially cloth appear torn, and be a little bit animated (from wind, movement etc).

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...gonwell/simple

This is my monk. I would like some different pants to round out the set but can you see how I think the shoulder looks bulky? Nothing really works and having none at all would be great.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orcbert View Post
    I don't know about his answer but I have to say this; Orc women have the best tits in the game.
    If only the rest of their body didn't screw that up...
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Buu View Post
    Really? Don't you think this shoulder piece is out of place on that x-mog?
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...lthazor/simple
    That particular one is but you could surely find one that isn't.

Frankly I would be lost without shoulders. IMO besides helms and weapons they're the only armor slot in the game that has any interesting and unique looking models at all. Everything from the shoulders down is horrendously boring on 100% of armor sets to me.

Deleted
    I can see shoulders, Belts, Feet, Gloves, and Bracers all having a valid reason for wanting to be hidden by transmog items or an option. However Chest, and Legs have no valid reasons.

the only reason people want for being able to make their chest and legs invisible is so that they can have naked characters, This is not World of Perv Craft.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mistahwilshire View Post
    That particular one is but you could surely find one that isn't.
    No. If shoulders aren't "supposed" to be on a transmog set, then having them there, even as minimal as possible, just makes them look all the more awkward. They're like... a bad dye job.

Frankly I would be lost without shoulders. IMO besides helms and weapons they're the only armor slot in the game that has any interesting and unique looking models at all. Everything from the shoulders down is horrendously boring on 100% of armor sets to me.
    Then you can still use the shoulders... no one is saying you can't.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    No. If shoulders aren't "supposed" to be on a transmog set, then having them there, even as minimal as possible, just makes them look all the more awkward. They're like... a bad dye job.

What the hell does that even mean? You can use any shoulders in the entire game to match the rest of what you're wearing. There's absolutely nothing forcing those specific shoulders.

Quote Originally Posted by Orcbert View Post
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...gonwell/simple

This is my monk. I would like some different pants to round out the set but can you see how I think the shoulder looks bulky? Nothing really works and having none at all would be great.
    I see what you're going for, I mean if you're trying for a really minimalistic look yeah I guess it would be good to hide shoulders.

Have you considered something like Ghostwalker Pads? Might work.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mistahwilshire View Post
    What the hell does that even mean? You can use any shoulders in the entire game to match the rest of what you're wearing. There's absolutely nothing forcing those specific shoulders.
    The transmog set he had wasn't "supposed" to be wearing shoulders at all. So he picked small shoulders that look unassuming so as to not immediately draw attention. But they're there, they stick out like a sore thumb. It's like that for a lot of cloth sets. Making it so the shoulders can be hidden in some way would remedy this problem.

The problem with the "minimalist" shoulder armor is that they often sit high up on the characters shoulders, clearly standing apart from what they're wearing anyway.
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I see what you're going for, I mean if you're trying for a really minimalistic look yeah I guess it would be good to hide shoulders.

Have you considered something like Ghostwalker Pads? Might work.
    One of the problems is that many of the models 'float' above the shoulder.

10+ Year Old Account
    However Chest, and Legs have no valid reasons.
    Legs i can agree with, but hiding chest would be great.

Especially for more brutish melee characters, that would wan't to achieve a more typical fantasy barbaric look. Which often is without any clothing on the upper body.

Or to look like the shamans from WC3, bare chest, a pelt over your shoulders and head, with fist weapons and the lower parts of the robe visible. Guess you'd call it a kilt in WoW.

I would absolutely make my shaman a male orc if I could get that exact look, so iconic shaman. You can get some armor that resembles it, though it is a poor substitute.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd like legs to be hide-able for one very specific reason: robes that are slit down the side (like, for example, http://www.wowhead.com/item=4038#screenshots:id=77423).

That's awfully niche, though.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie.
    And with strange aeons even death may die.

A lot of outfits are ruined by mandatory shoulders. Ugh.

Right now, I would say invisible (Emperor's New Gloves, etc.) gear for every slot except Legs and Chest would be great.

Hiding Chest and Legs would be possible if the new character models had Pandaren style underwear. Look around, many Pandaren NPCs are running around in nothing but that, it's substantial enough to be considered clothing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darmalus View Post
    Hiding Chest and Legs would be possible if the new character models had Pandaren style underwear. Look around, many Pandaren NPCs are running around in nothing but that, it's substantial enough to be considered clothing.
    I have always wondered why those female pandaren in cradle of chi'ji were running around in nothing but their skivvies...
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

The only time I could see myself wanting to hide another slot is shoulders...and that's only in the very rare instance i'm transmogging some shoulderless vanilla sets, like the defias leather set, for example.

otherwise 99% of the time, i'm happy to have shoulders visible (They're my fav slot)
    You must show no mercy, Nor have any belief whatsoever in how others judge you: For your greatness will silence them all!
    -Warrior Wisdom

Deleted
    Just use a system like age of conan and rift. give us a new page for gear, add the show/hide box inside the item box, and we dont have to constantly go to that shity npcs in the capitals to change something.

Deleted
    Easy. it will come. Buy it for the in game store

I totally would like to hide my shoulders on one or two chars. I get that shoulders and helmet are the only 'unique' parts of your gear since they consist of actual geometry instead of only some textures, but some transmogs would just look better without them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ragemv View Post
    Easy. it will come. Buy it for the in game store
    Quoted for posterity. I really suspect that a lot of these little cosmetic and/or RP changes are gonna be something that Blizz would throw into the online store or in-game store. Not really sure how I feel about that yet though.
    "Stop being a giant trolling asshole." - Boubouille
    "The Internet is built on complaints about asinine things" - prefect
    "Facts became discussable when critical thinking stopped being the focus of education."- Chonogo
    "Sometimes people confuse "We Don't Understand This Yet" with "Ooga Booga Space Magic" - Chazus

10+ Year Old Account
    We would have a lot of naked people so I can see why they block some items.

Hiding shoulders would be a fantastic option.