Page 1 of 3
LastLast

most ridiculous wow ban ever?

Offense: Advertising
    This category includes advertisement of:
    * Any non-beneficial, non-WoW related businesses, organizations, or websites
    2013-07-13 21:03:56 -----Lightbringer: rolex watches and colorful swatches
    2013-07-13 21:06:02 -----Lightbringer: selling my diamond encrusted platinum watch 450K pst

I received a 3 hour ban for saying WTF back in TBC. Reason: Masked offensive language.

Obviously it wasn't my first offense, I had quite the potty mouth back then which is why I got a 3 hour ban, but still, WTF?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by caradic View Post
    Offense: Advertising
    This category includes advertisement of:
    * Any non-beneficial, non-WoW related businesses, organizations, or websites
    2013-07-13 21:03:56 -----Lightbringer: rolex watches and colorful swatches
    2013-07-13 21:06:02 -----Lightbringer: selling my diamond encrusted platinum watch 450K pst
    Truely rediculous, indeed..
    Unless it was a PermaBan, then it was totally justified...
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

The advertisement of selling real world items for in-game gold is one of the more serious offenses...

Actually, I'm glad Blizzard does something about it. For awhile, people thought advertising was ok based on the assumption that you haven't really broken any rules until the gold changes hands.
    Last edited by ablib; 2013-07-15 at 05:58 AM.

made a support ticket to fight the ban

also I was talking about REAL money as anyone who had heard of Rolex watches know they go for thousands of dollars, especially ones encrusted in diamonds

So recently I was banned from World of Warcraft for apparently, "advertising". I'm not sure if the person who reviewed the complaint against me knows exactly what advertising is, as all I was doing it talking about my Rolex Watch in general chat and made a few people angry.

Now, anyone who plays World of Warcraft knows people will get offended over practically ANYTHING said in chat. So what they naturally do is report me, well apparently I offended the GM also because he searched for a reason to ban me, which was unjust and flat out stupid. I've been banned multiple times from this game and I have to say, this is probably the dumbest reason.

Next time I'm in World of Warcraft I wont brag about my Rolex Watch or ultimate gaming rig with quad GTX Titan graphic's cards, because that apparently would be ADVERTISING. How funny is that.

I would love a response from someone who works in customer support, or even better, the guy that banned me, as I would like to hear his ridiculous opinion on how I was advertising my $450,000 Rolex Watch™ to the people of World of Warcraft to buy. Don't forget it is encrusted in 76 brilliant round-cut diamonds! Practically anyone can afford it at the measly price tag of FOUR-HUNDRED AND FIFTY THOUSAND DOLLARS! WOW WHAT A STEAL!
    Last edited by caradic; 2013-07-15 at 06:03 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    made a support ticket to fight the ban

So recently I was banned from World of Warcraft for apparently, "advertising". I'm not sure if the person who reviewed the complaint against me knows exactly what advertising is, as all I was doing it talking about my Rolex Watch in general chat and made a few people angry.

Now, anyone who plays World of Warcraft knows people will get offended over practically ANYTHING said in chat. So what they naturally do is report me, well apparently I offended the GM also because he searched for a reason to ban me, which was unjust and flat out stupid. I've been banned multiple times from this game and I have to say, this is probably the dumbest reason.

Next time I'm in World of Warcraft I wont brag about my Rolex Watch or ultimate gaming rig with quad GTX Titan graphic's cards, because that apparently would be ADVERTISING. How funny is that.

I would love a response from someone who works in customer support, or even better, the guy that banned me, as I would like to hear his ridiculous opinion on how I was advertising my $450,000 Rolex Watch™ to the people of World of Warcraft to buy. Don't forget it is encrusted in 76 brilliant round-cut diamonds! Practically anyone can afford it at the measly price tag of FOUR-HUNDRED AND FIFTY THOUSAND DOLLARS! WOW WHAT A STEAL!
    You broke the rules.. Man up and do the time..

By making a ticket, you waste other player's money (including mine)... With so many 'useless' tickets, obnoxious players, like you, keep the sub-price artificially high for players like me, who don't pester GMs with irrellevant stuff....
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

10+ Year Old Account
    I got a ban back in Vanilla for saying "Hej, hur är det? = Hey, how are you?" in General Chat.

BAM. banned from Friday to Sunday. 72hour.
    “We all know interspecies romance is weird.”
    ― Tim Burton

sound like the guys in general chat who got butt hurt LOL

10+ Year Old Account
    You've admitted to have been banned multiple times, and your calling them stupid, maybe its 50/50 blizzard stupid enough to not perm ban you
    I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is back on the scene! I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is my name, and fuckin' up motherfuckers is my game!

I called the reason they banned me for stupid, also they never perma ban over minor offenses. So many up tight people on the Internet.. makes me laugh.

You know blizz will either ignore that ticket or do nothing about it?

You insult a GM in the ticket, saying he is easily offended and does unjust stupid things. Saying his opinion is faulty and ridiculous.

And you did adversite, you showed it yourself.
    "selling my diamond encrusted platinum watch 450K pst"

SELLING <= I want to SELL my watch (IRL object) for 450K. No currency noted, could be ingame gold / irl money. This is flat ouit advertisement not bragging.

And I highly doubt you got a quad titan, and even if you do... WHY? Quad Titan is so useles... 1 Titan card runs everything you could ever want, 2 might be nice if you dual screen with heavy things. But especially playing wow you got no use for a quad...

Anyways, mostly what you do is brainless bragging, you ticket is rude, you insult a GM, you adversited your item ingame (you said you wanted to sell it)...

They are not going to lift the ban mate. It is fully justified and with this ticket you only reduce your chances further of it being removed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Suspended = temporary, usually in 24, 48, and 72 hour spurts.
    Ban = Almost always permanent, though sometimes you can reverse it.

My biggest pet peeve is when people don't know the difference.

I once got banned for botting, because apparently running around in a known botting area for 2 hours power-leveling your skinning is a bad thing. Never got the account back, but the only character on it was a level 30-something gnome warrior.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

10+ Year Old Account
    I called the reason they banned me for stupid, also they never perma ban over minor offenses. So many up tight people on the Internet.. makes me laugh.
    Says the 4 poster next time post on ya main.
    I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is back on the scene! I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is my name, and fuckin' up motherfuckers is my game!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hod View Post
    I got a ban back in Vanilla for saying "Hej, hur är det? = Hey, how are you?" in General Chat.

BAM. banned from Friday to Sunday. 72hour.
    If I'm not mistaken, there is/was a rule to keep the general/trade chat english. Don't think it's enforced anymore, but 72 hours is a tad too long either way.

And as for the topic itself, you did advertise. You wanted to sell an item unrelated to wow for real money.
    Last edited by Santti; 2013-07-15 at 06:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drynix View Post
    You know blizz will either ignore that ticket or do nothing about it?

You insult a GM in the ticket, saying he is easily offended and does unjust stupid things. Saying his opinion is faulty and ridiculous.

And you did adversite, you showed it yourself.
    "selling my diamond encrusted platinum watch 450K pst"

SELLING <= I want to SELL my watch (IRL object) for 450K. No currency noted, could be ingame gold / irl money. This is flat ouit advertisement not bragging.

And I highly doubt you got a quad titan, and even if you do... WHY? Quad Titan is so useles... 1 Titan card runs everything you could ever want, 2 might be nice if you dual screen with heavy things. But especially playing wow you got no use for a quad...

Anyways, mostly what you do is brainless bragging, you ticket is rude, you insult a GM, you adversited your item ingame (you said you wanted to sell it)...

They are not going to lift the ban mate. It is fully justified and with this ticket you only reduce your chances further of it being removed.

This man gets it.

@OP Stop bragging about your stuff online where nobody cares. There are thousands of people online who are worth more money than you, no need to flex your watch/gaming rig online to a bunch of strangers on trade chat.

I'm guessing you weren't banned/suspended at all, you just wanted another venue to flex your $-peen.

And if you were banned/suspended, I'm sure your parents can afford to buy you a new account, too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiili View Post
    Murder can be justified and to a certain extent I believe genocide can be justified aswell.

even the people on mmo-champion believe I have a diamond encrusted Rolex watch? thought it was pretty obvious that it wasn't serious.

also the reason I posted it was because I thought other people would find the ridiculous ban amusing.
    Last edited by caradic; 2013-07-15 at 06:24 AM.

i got banned for saying
    'migoreng is f*ckin mad'

migoreng is a noodle dish popular in Australia. the player named migoreng reported me. blizzard banned me. I replied with a link to a wikipedia article about migoreng. they backtracked pretty fast.

10+ Year Old Account
    OP sounds like an arrogant d*ck, who bragged in a general chat (or lied, depends) and now hes mad he got banned for three hours. I say it's deserved.

I can be rude to people sometimes in chat, few times I even got reported, obviously I never crossed the line so I never got banned but if I did something like that, I wouldn't say a word about it, keep it to myself and be glad that I wasn't banned for longer.

10+ Year Old Account
    even the people on mmo-champion believe I have a diamond encrusted Rolex watch? thought it was pretty obvious that it wasn't serious.

also the reason I posted it was because I thought other people would find the ridiculous ban amusing.
    It doesn't matter if you have one or not. You were still advertising. The ban is justified. Just take it and learn from this.
    Last edited by Santti; 2013-07-15 at 06:34 AM.