Deleted

Does Aeonaxx despawn if not engaged for a certain time period.

Hello

So say aeonaxx spawns on a dead server where no one is around how long does he stay up if not engaged?
    Does he despawn after 10 or something like time lost?

I looked around but couldn't find info on this kinda of despawn, but stuff about dc and dying.
    So if anyone knows thanks in advance.

Deleted
    No he not despawn. He despawn only after raiding him up.
    He shares spawn with another NPC - Bat Blood Seeker. For more info check http://findaeonaxx.blogspot.com/
    Speculation that shares also with Xariona (not confirmed)

Confirming that when someone is not able to kill Aeonaxx (low lvl low geared) and will be killed by him after raiding him Up. Aeonax will despawn. You must wait another 20 hours for new spawn.

Deleted
    oh so if spawned and no one touches him he stays up till someone does
    it would just make it easier for overnight camping esp when nobody logs in to deepholm till around 9 or 10 in the morning

Remember the CRZ, you don't see other realms on your /who, so the zone might stil have people in it, even if you don't get any on a search.
    Anyway, if you think you can just log on at like 6, and no one has been on since he spawned at, lets say 3. Then your mistaken.
    "Everything always changes. The best plan lasts until the first arrow leaves the bow." - Matrim Cauthon

This Mount.. Only thing i wanted in game when i first seen it so I camped it with a few friends for three days (No sleep) And when i say camped i don't mean sitting in one spot waiting for NPC scan either we flew around the spawn points as it can spawn on one and fly around in a small circle. I never seen it spawn i later found a post that the spawn for this rare was bugged on Lightbringer and would be fixed soon needles to say i was already a bit loose around the edges this almost caused me to have a mental breakdown after three days flying around in circles. Two of my friends stayed up with me most of the time trolling that it was hiding behind the piller lol'ing at me i was not impressed. I had thought about giving it another go since i moved realm to Draenor but since CRZ in MOP what is the point id only see it spawn on my realm to lose it to some noob that spends 5 mins jumping between realms like i have seen with TLPD many times.

As far as i can remmeber back then it would spawn and either fly around his spawn area or fly around the pillar and does not have a set spawn duration however if you die while trying to kill it you will have to wait for another spawn. Good luck with finding it just make sure it is not bugged in any way before you start i wish i had.

Deleted
    i play on an eu realm that has no crz
    it is a dead server pretty much an rp server.
    so past a certain time there is literally no one online in deepholm. so it could spawn and be uninterrupted till the morning.
    it would just be disheartening if it despawned from no one engaging after a certain time period.

seems everyone knows of bloodseeker despawning after a few seconds, but wondered if any would know the same info about the dragon

Deleted
    Rare npcs generally despawn if not killed within a certain time frame. But with crz it's high unlikely they don't get killed.

How does CRZ work in case of rares?

I am currently camping Aeonaxx and yesterday NPCScan went off but I couldn't target it. I assumed it was on another realm merged with mine. But if so, other realm players shouldn't be able to tag Aeonaxx spawn on my realm unless they log onto a toon created on my realm?

CRZ automatically merges all zones it deems "low population" (Pandaria excepted). It doesn't matter if you're playing on a high-population realm or not, if it's merged with another realm or not. If the CRZ system finds that the zone has "too few people" it will merge it with others. As such older zones are almost always shared with other realms and rares will be possible to be taken by other realm players.
    Originally Posted by Daxxarri
    It's because of that thing you did that one time. We know. (source)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mnaaucici View Post

Confirming that when someone is not able to kill Aeonaxx (low lvl low geared) and will be killed by him after raiding him Up. Aeonax will despawn. You must wait another 20 hours for new spawn.
    The spawn timer isn't fixed, just like the TLPD.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

@Serzha: Thanks!

So other players could potentially camp Aeonaxx spawning on my realm and vice versa. Any reason why my NPCScan would go off but I was unable to target him?

Quote Originally Posted by palthis View Post
    How does CRZ work in case of rares?

I am currently camping Aeonaxx and yesterday NPCScan went off but I couldn't target it. I assumed it was on another realm merged with mine. But if so, other realm players shouldn't be able to tag Aeonaxx spawn on my realm unless they log onto a toon created on my realm?
    He gets phased by quest completion for that zone. Depending on how far you have progressed in your alliance/horde quest line the zone changes. Unfortunately he only spawns in one, but his model loads in all of them (why you were able to detect him with npc scan).

The second time I found him I tried pulling a cross realm friend in, He was able to detect him as well, but he was on a different quest phase.

Quote Originally Posted by Nestar View Post
    He gets phased by quest completion for that zone. Depending on how far you have progressed in your alliance/horde quest line the zone changes. Unfortunately he only spawns in one, but his model loads in all of them (why you were able to detect him with npc scan).
    Is this confirmed? I have completed all the quests so assume I should be able to see him in any phase. I read a blog (http://findaeonaxx.blogspot.in/search/label/Phasing) where they had written phase doesn't matter. Two conflicting statements hence trying to find an authentic source to decide which of my toon to bring in to camp

The blog does mention the spawn is in all the phases but once mounted the new NPC transitions into the players phase so that may be the case with me.

Quote Originally Posted by palthis View Post
    Is this confirmed? I have completed all the quests so assume I should be able to see him in any phase. I read a blog (http://findaeonaxx.blogspot.in/search/label/Phasing) where they had written phase doesn't matter. Two conflicting statements hence trying to find an authentic source to decide which of my toon to bring in to camp

The blog does mention the spawn is in all the phases but once mounted the new NPC transitions into the players phase so that may be the case with me.
    Not sure why you would assume everything would be visible when you complete all the quests. There are several sections of mobs that are only available for 2-3 quests, the entire section in that case gets replaced twice. Wouldn't really make sense to see attackers once you kill them all would it.

Regardless, The fact that my friend was unable to see me or aeonaxx when in my cross realm party but still had npc scan go off proves that phasing does affect him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nestar View Post

The second time I found him I tried pulling a cross realm friend in, He was able to detect him as well, but he was on a different quest phase.
    False. He spawns in ALL phases, but when a player gets on him, he changes to whatever phase they were in.

Aeonaxx has two different NPCscan models... one where he's friendly, and one where he's hostile.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    False. He spawns in ALL phases, but when a player gets on him, he changes to whatever phase they were in.

Aeonaxx has two different NPCscan models... one where he's friendly, and one where he's hostile.
    My example was before tagging him. He was friendly on my screen, doing circles on the spawn point. Invisible and untargetable on my friends.

10+ Year Old Account
    I believe that Aeonaxx will stay up indefinetly once he spawns, unlike the TLPD.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.