Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    A monthly subscription game shouldn't have a cash shop. You already pay for the maintenance and further development for the game, and not for further cash shop items... it's just plain silly. Oh well, i'll never spend a dime on it, so, to each his own. I'm just waiting for the next step, "Purchase entire Tier 17 from the cash shop for 50€!".

Against it, personally.

I can't make up my mind about it. On one hand these are cosmetic items, they have no impact on the game, so who cares.
    On the other hand we pay subcription for the maintenance and development of the game, which means that they essentialy take our money to develop cosmetic items to then sell them to us outside of the game for 12 euros.
    Many people also forget about the AUTOMATED services like server transfer or race change which cost up to 30 euros.

I guess I do mind it after all.

Solution? As long as we pay sub for the game, all of the blizz store stuff should be available through the store AND through quests/achievments in-game. Also, we should be getting 1 free server transfer / race change every few months of paying the sub.

Once the sub is gone and the game goes f2p then paying the full price for services/cosmetic items becomes justified.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    Funny how the same commentary was prevalent when the sparklepony was first put on sale.

End result? Nobody laughing, dozens of sparkleponies flying around anywhere you went.

It'll be the same here. The manufactured outrage drama will fade, people will sooner or later use different transmogs, and only truly strange people whose lives revolve around this particular butthurt will quit or do anything dramatic beyond whine on forums.
    Im not gonna agree with that. Not only alot of people laughed at "that retarded horse" when it was new, you can barely ever see it nowadays. Hell even blizzard used it as a part of parody of stupid players trying to impress others (johny awesome). Just because some people buy them, second they became available, doesnt mean majority will. And let's face it 15$ for a single item is joke.

Deleted
    I dont care if they have stats or not. Transmog items for cash is totally lame. What kind of players requested these kind of crap? And how could they be so loud that Blizzard actually made it? I have never ever seen this, and if i would ever see it i would facepalm myself hard.

Transmog items as i said should be something you should fight for to show people how cool you are.

Same goes with titles. Want to have a cool title? Then get it by your own.

As players are buying this crap we might see some cool in-store titles too like "the N.U.C.L.E.A.R" or some crap like that.

Just my opinion. (And its also my opinion that you should be outside the city to be able to gather ores. Sigh..)
    Last edited by mmoc664e732ce0; 2013-07-18 at 05:51 PM.

I think the most interesting thing of all this is the damage control by blizzard. Any post on the official forums posting the "wow will never, ever have micro transactions interviews from 2008" are being deleted. The threads arent, just any posts that show blizzard saying that. thats... greasy.

don't care doesn't affect me

Bought mine as soon as came out.
    Got the Frost Skull Crown, mainly because I play Death Knight.
    Love it, awesome effect and look. To me, It was worth the purchase.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TVLodge View Post
    I recently read the featured content on the front page and noticed the new "Transmoggable Helms" Blizzard store items. I also noticed the utter, as someone else put it, "shitstorm" that was the comment section.

There appears to be a lot of controversy regarding this topic and 2 main sides to the argument (as to whether the helmets should be there or not) as a whole.

One side tends to be more passive -
    • Who cares? It is only cosmetic it's not like they are selling tier gear
    • It's your choice to spend money on this and you aren't forced to
    • The cash from this may even help fund the content of the game further

The other side is more aggressive -
    • WoW is dying! It's a downhill slope from here!
    • Blizzard is wasting time on cosmetic content rather than end-game or leveling content
    • Blizzard and Activision are just being greedy and milking the cash cow further

So what side are you on in this situation? Or do you have your own unique point of view on the topic? Please do post below your opinions as I am intrigued as to how people are reacting to this as a whole.

Is this a metaphor of what potentially is to come for blizzard?

Cheers and thanks for having me on the forums!

"It's your choice to spend money on this and you aren't forced to" this is my side.

Quote Originally Posted by fangless View Post
    My only question, why aren't they just in game to earn?

There's no good reason. Same with the mounts that would otherwise be really cool to have in game, are turned into jokes.
    Because then less people would buy them.

Quote Originally Posted by Orangetai420 View Post
    you realize your sub is paying them to make these items, right? wouldn't that money be better spent on actual content that doesn't have an extra price tag?
    By that logic, everyone who buys one is paying blizzard to add more free content into the game. Who's to say the money from the cash shop isn't financing the next expansion pack, new race models, or a 5.5 raid?

I am vehemently against the cost of these items, I think it's outrageously overpriced.
    That said, I still bought fire horns for the lols, because I have enough money to pay my bills even if I spend $15 on a dumb thing for a game, and I collect things I think are ugly.

But what gets me the most is why the hood and the horns are more than $5 and why the frost crown isn't $7 or so.
    I was under the impression the frost crown would look hideous on worgen, but it actually has a wolf skull for worgen rather than a human skull, so I'm incredibly impressed with that and think the frost crown is at least worth more than $5 since it seems to be skinned for races that otherwise ruin helms like that.

I still think $15 is way overpriced for something you yourself don't see much in-game, didn't stop me from spending it, but it's certainly not worth it to most people. I'll probably regret it a few minutes from now, but oh well! At the end of the day, it's a sparkly pretty thing that kind of correspond to less-sparkly pretty items that are already in-game, like the Crown of Flame; there's no stats so it isn't really harming anybody.

Quote Originally Posted by naturetauren View Post

As players are buying this crap we might see some cool in-store titles too like "the N.U.C.L.E.A.R" or some crap like that.

"The fool". Get it?

Don't really care. I sure wouldn't buy them though.

I was hoping they would do something similar with this. More like Invisible shoulders.... with T16 being showed off at the same times these cool looking helms come out. Makes me worry just a little bit that all cool gear will have to be bought. But again I'm no that worried and over excited to buy one of these helms next pay day.
    "Warriors make you sap, Paladins let you sap."

Personally, I strongly dislike their decision to widen the shops' goods to transmogables (and more, if I've read their bluepost right), but I don't hold it against anyone for buying them.

15+ Year Old Account
    I buy what i want and I don't really care what others spend their money on. It's a very pointless thing to get pissed off about, especially in a video game. Some people think it's stupid to still be paying 15 dollars a month for this game, yet, here we are. There's always going to be two sides to everything, and the fun part is, no side will be right.

I'm just sick of being told "we don't have the time or the people for that" every time something that would actually improve the game gets suggested, but apparently they have plenty of time to cook up mounts and transmog items to make some extra cash.

Also just salt in the wound when to introduce buyable xmog gear after they unveil some of the worst tier art ever.
    Last edited by Redmage; 2013-07-19 at 04:03 AM.
    Slaying 8bit dragons with 6 pixel long swords since 1987.

In a way I don't care. Blizzard has gotten so low, I expect the worst. Now that they know they are "incapable of making good games" and earning money through good games, they resort to the store to generate revenue. Their last efforts before death...

The other side is more aggressive -

WoW is dying! It's a downhill slope from here!
    Blizzard is wasting time on cosmetic content rather than end-game or leveling content
    Blizzard and Activision are just being greedy and milking the cash cow further

10+ Year Old Account
    In addition to not buying the helms, I plan to go out of my way to ostracize people that use them.
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.