Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Dont care , i dont even like them. Wouldn't care if i did :P

The "Who cares" is the wrong aproach!

Do you know that this is just the begining right?

Soon or later they will add even more items. like hierlooms, bank space, more macros room or something, guild tabs, etc and eventually Tier items will get worse skins so you are "forced" to buy a cool looking skin from the store.
    And maybe LFR gear..."Who cares is just LFR gear"...

And the Monthly fee was supposed to pay for the development of the game, salaries, server maintenance etc.

Money making at its best...

WoW is now officially dead.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orangetai420 View Post
    you realize your sub is paying them to make these items, right? wouldn't that money be better spent on actual content that doesn't have an extra price tag?
    Considering the 3 helms probably took, at most, a few days, with one art team member working on each, or possibly a slightly longer time, but with only one member doing all three, the amount of money spend on them was almost negligible compared to what is spent on everything else. And, considering the pet/mount shop has been open for a long time, one can assume that the amount of money being earned by it far outweighs any costs put towards making those items. So, at worst, the cash shop is funding the creation of new cash shop items, at best, its bringing in more money to be put toward new content.

As for my actual feelings on the helms, an potentially incoming cash shop, I think it's fine. I can almost guarantee that Blizzard will never put anything that gives a true advantage to anyone spending money, outside of vanity, and potentially, convenience (xp boosts -and I'm assuming that with new expansions they would have xp boosts not work above the previous expansion's max level- or lesser charms). Blizzard aren't stupid, especially business-wise, so they would never adopt a pay-to-win model, as any game that does that loses all interest fairly quickly. I could see a potential shift to free to play, though.

10+ Year Old Account
    I couldn't care less! But I'm felling like WoW is really coming to an end. Sooner or later, one or 2 more expansions? Dunno... It just feels like the lore is getting us to a Gran finale!

"Who cares"

I think the Blue and Red one look pretty cool, but would I fuck spend £10 on one. Especially when I have nothing to match the looks lol. nor can I be arsed to go out and find stuff. I'm happy to stick with my stupid looking TBC clown look.

Perhaps if you got all 3 for £10... then maybe just maybe, i'd consider it, but tbh, i'd rather spend £10 in the steam summer sale.

Quote Originally Posted by Rickarus View Post
    Considering the 3 helms probably took, at most, a few days, with one art team member working on each, or possibly a slightly longer time, but with only one member doing all three
    That's a few days and some art team members who could have been working on part of a new dungeon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    While I do worry about the "slippery slope" element of this, I've drawn my particular line in the sand at being able to purchase current-tier iLvl gear or gold for actual currency in WoW. So long as the items sold in the Blizzard Store remain purely cosmetic (e.g. xmog-only gear, mounts, pets, etc.) I'm not going to complain or cry foul. To me the ability to purchase the XP boost item for money is far closer to my line in the sand than these helms - of course since most people I know who use Recruit-a-Friend do so to game it and quickly level up an alt or new class offering, this also makes a degree of sense. As for now, still waiting for my personal line to be crossed.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, it's pretty simple really:

• Blizzard is going to do whatever they're going to do when it comes to revenue issues.
    • If I see store stuff I like, maybe I'll buy it, maybe I won't. I'll decide that like I decide anything else.
    • Store stuff I don't like--helms for one example, I think they look ridiculous--I will ignore entirely.
    • What other people do isn't really any of my business.

And that's about it. If they add things to the store that I believe to be harmful to the game I will reassess at that point, not in advance.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2013-07-17 at 05:51 PM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

i think all the things that are in the store should be attainable through playing the game. 4000vp? stand in the rain during a storm and lightning strikes you and you get a lightning transmoggable helm?

• Who cares? It is only cosmetic it's not like they are selling tier gear
    • It's your choice to spend money on this and you aren't forced to
    • The cash from this may even help fund the content of the game further

I would take a frost/crown/skull one but it onlt covers the face and not the whole head. Otherwise it would be Ideal for a Mage or DK.
    "The further a society drifts from the truth the more it will hate those who speak it" - George Orwell

why are there supposed to be sides to this?

why is there no vote?^^

Quote Originally Posted by jvbastel View Post
    I don't really mind stuff like that. Make them BOE and we can get them trough ingame gold. problem solved for the haters
    this is the reason why blizz doesn't listen to the players. they say stuff like this.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rathgar View Post
    Blizzard's development teams have been departmentalized for years now, a small 4-5 man crew creating fun/unique xmog items for the store takes nothing away from future in-game content/quests/lore/raids/pvp ect. It's probably the same people who create the Blizzard Store mounts as well so no resources have shifted at all and since our sub's have always been going towards that team nothing has changed, except there is now more to buy if we want.

That being said, i'm ok with the whole idea of xmog stuff for sale. I just hope they don't take it too far and do something like give us replica legendary xmog items we can use but only available on the store. THAT would be crossing the line.
    Those same 4-5 people could instead be making fun/unique xmog items to put in the game instead no? it's not like they are struggling for money they are raking it in, I wouldn't even mind as much if this stuff was actually a reasonable price but no they charge more for a cosmetic helm than games like League of legends would charge for a whole skin or actual champion which is ridiculous.

Was anticipating a poll... I am dissapoint.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really don't care since they are only cosmetic.

Deleted
    I usually don't do a lot of hating or complaining, but seeing the price of these helmets really tipped the scale for me in my decision to stop playing WoW.

So I've frozen my account and uninstalled the game. Not in anger or rage, but in a very thought-through decision. I don't want to support what Blizzard is doing and where they are going. I feel like they've completely lost their way.

I feel this way about all of their games, even Starcraft. HotS was way too easy (finished it on Brutal easily, something I didnt manage with WoL and still havent) and Diablo 3 was a complete disaster.
    Hearthstone only continues this terrible trend, by being a game completely based on microtransactions. I don't support that, so I made a choice. I have a hunch that the pricing in Hearthstone will be pretty bad, considering they've priced 1 helmet to 12 euro. In Guild Wars 2, 12 euro's will get me a lot more than 1 item, and GW2 doesn't even have subscription. Blizzards high pricing is nothing but greed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TVLodge View Post
    I recently read the featured content on the front page and noticed the new "Transmoggable Helms" Blizzard store items. I also noticed the utter, as someone else put it, "shitstorm" that was the comment section.

There appears to be a lot of controversy regarding this topic and 2 main sides to the argument (as to whether the helmets should be there or not) as a whole.

One side tends to be more passive -
    • Who cares? It is only cosmetic it's not like they are selling tier gear
    • It's your choice to spend money on this and you aren't forced to
    • The cash from this may even help fund the content of the game further

The other side is more aggressive -
    • WoW is dying! It's a downhill slope from here!
    • Blizzard is wasting time on cosmetic content rather than end-game or leveling content
    • Blizzard and Activision are just being greedy and milking the cash cow further

So what side are you on in this situation? Or do you have your own unique point of view on the topic? Please do post below your opinions as I am intrigued as to how people are reacting to this as a whole.

Is this a metaphor of what potentially is to come for blizzard? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Goo...he_Golden_Eggs

Cheers and thanks for having me on the forums!
    Thats not bias at all

Deleted
    Money gained from these will far outclass money put into creating them. A talented team of modellers could put up three such models in matter of hours, while it will likely earn couple million bucks in revenue. Even if just 1% of playerbase purchases any of those three, it's $100k+. And there will be lots of players buying all three.