Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    I actually discuss this quite a lot in the video I posted.

Blizz is wasting time making these cosmetic items when they could be focusing on actual content.

On the other hand they are making money from this to potentially further fund the game to increase content quality.

It is a double edged sword situation in my opinion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orangetai420 View Post
    you realize your sub is paying them to make these items, right? wouldn't that money be better spent on actual content that doesn't have an extra price tag?
    Blizzard's development teams have been departmentalized for years now, a small 4-5 man crew creating fun/unique xmog items for the store takes nothing away from future in-game content/quests/lore/raids/pvp ect. It's probably the same people who create the Blizzard Store mounts as well so no resources have shifted at all and since our sub's have always been going towards that team nothing has changed, except there is now more to buy if we want.

That being said, i'm ok with the whole idea of xmog stuff for sale. I just hope they don't take it too far and do something like give us replica legendary xmog items we can use but only available on the store. THAT would be crossing the line.

"I don’t know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."
    --Bilbo Baggins
    Paarthurnax | Peijing

Deleted
    I don't like it since it seems they put more effort into these cool looking helms than this tier set which imo looks overall terrible. Subjective opinion I know but I bet a poll would show a majority agreeing with me.

I'm worried it could lead to our armor sets looking like they're made out of paper mache.

Pay2look reasonable.

As long as it is solely stuff that looks different/interesting subjectively, not stuff that beats everything in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Wazooty View Post
    I'm worried it could lead to our armor sets looking like they're made out of paper mache.
    could lead to?

I'm somewhere in the middle only because this is a trend that has been done many times before in the past by other companies and each and every one of their games became pay to win by going down this path. I believe that Blizzard could possibly break the cycle, but I can understand why people are skeptical. A pay to win game with a monthly subscription would anger a lot of longtime players. Let's hope Blizzard keeps this in mind.

Deleted
    I'm in two different places.

- "I don't care either way."
    - "The forum QQ is delicious."

Quote Originally Posted by Wazooty View Post

Pay2look reasonable.

As long as it is solely stuff that looks different/interesting subjectively, not stuff that beats everything in the game.
    If anything, I'm worried about this. I don't want heroic gear to look rusty while store Xmog gets the shiny treatment. But no one does.

Tier 16, unfortunately, didn't cut it for me, which is maybe the reason why I'm anxious about it.
    Last edited by mmocac1c829c8e; 2013-07-15 at 04:00 PM.

Deleted
    This was another opinion of mine:

These helmets look fantastic! Especially the blue one. But I do NOT like any of the MoP tiers other than rogue T15. Even that doesn't look great to me.

Are Blizzard putting more effort into these cosmetics than into tier armor?

What is everyone's opinion on making these available through class quests in-game? I smell opportunity for more quests like the new warlock green fire quest.

I wish they would just implement some type of dye system or a way that we can change our armor's color. Something that should have be done a while back. It wouldn't be that hard for them to do.

Quote Originally Posted by TVLodge View Post
    I actually discuss this quite a lot in the video I posted.

Blizz is wasting time making these cosmetic items when they could be focusing on actual content.

On the other hand they are making money from this to potentially further fund the game to increase content quality.

It is a double edged sword situation in my opinion.
    The key word here is "potentially". Do you believe that Blizzard will expand their dev team (in particular, their graphics department) using the profits from the cash-shop? Personally, I don't. If that were the case you'd expect a game with ten times the subscribers of other MMOs to also get ten times the content. That doesn't happen. Add to that, the main limiting factor in content development is the time it takes to make the graphics. Funneling resources into cash-shop extras, "vanity" though they may be, has the potential to seriously bring down game quality.

We may already be seeing this. No pre-expansion event, no mid-expansion 5-mans. The stated reason was that they would take time away from the development of raids, but apparently they could spare the time to make cash-shop items. These items are now being put at a higher priority than content that our subscription used to pay for.

10+ Year Old Account
    More like:

One side blowing it out of proportion
    One side who doesn't care
    One side who supports it

Personally, I'm in the "don't care" category atm. If they ever add something I like, I'll be in the support.

People need to understand that Blizzard knows how to make and run an MMO, you do not. Blizzard isn't going to screw over it's audience with pay2win crap.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 7seti View Post
    The key word here is "potentially". Do you believe that Blizzard will expand their dev team (in particular, their graphics department) using the profits from the cash-shop? Personally, I don't. If that were the case you'd expect a game with ten times the subscribers of other MMOs to also get ten times the content. That doesn't happen. Add to that, the main limiting factor in content development is the time it takes to make the graphics. Funneling resources into cash-shop extras, "vanity" though they may be, has the potential to seriously bring down game quality.

We may already be seeing this. No pre-expansion event, no mid-expansion 5-mans. The stated reason was that they would take time away from the development of raids, but apparently they could spare the time to make cash-shop items. These items are now being put at a higher priority than content that our subscription used to pay for.
    Careful - using logic like that will get you branded an elitist!

I'm fairly neutral, considering I've already unsubbed. I don't think the sky is falling, just that this is another step toward a cash-shop centered WoW, which I'm not okay with (in addition to a monthly sub, at least). I agree with everything you said, 7seti.

Deleted
    I'm gonna go with the Passive side. Honestly, as long as they are selling only cosmetic and vanity items, I don't give a shit.

And no, just because the game has a monthly sub, it doesn't mean subscribers are entitled to receive extra items for free. When you go to see a movie and buy a ticket, you don't also get free drinks and snacks, otherwise the ticket would be more expensive.

Deleted
    I agree that there is more than once stance on this. Aiming to see what everyone's opinion is as there are a lot of unique and intriguing ones out there.

I am a little worried...

Just because of how the pets/mounts in game vs in store already have a large gap in quality. I heard someone say allow them to be BoE and sell them in AH. This would help my unease....a little bit. I'm usually poor so I probably couldn't buy them in-game anyways but at least I'd take comfort in knowing if I REALLY wanted one I wouldn't have to spend extra money on them (although that could just come off as a rich person's way to farm gold).

On a side note, if they start selling any sort of charms, I would be much more upset. If they start selling anything that even helps you attain gear with stats I'll be mad. Dunno if I will quit because frankly I don't know where I draw the line I guess blizzard will find out the hard way.

Deleted
    Yeah cosmetic gear alone is okay, albeit a time waster for player content.

Stat gear would be too far imo

Deleted
    I'm okay with the transmog helms. It's a good indicator for people I don't want anything to do with, just like That Retarded Horse.

Selling Exp Boosts and Lesser Charms however...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafal View Post
    I heard someone say allow them to be BoE and sell them in AH. This would help my unease....a little bit. I'm usually poor so I probably couldn't buy them in-game anyways but at least I'd take comfort in knowing if I REALLY wanted one I wouldn't have to spend extra money on them (although that could just come off as a rich person's way to farm gold).
    No, I don't agree with this. This is basically buying gold. You would buy pets for real money and then sell them for gold in-game. Suddenly, rich people would definitely get an advantage in the game, the economy would be ruined, etc, etc, etc.

Deleted
    Is it true that you can buy these lesser charms and in turn use them to get bonus loot in raids? If this is the case then I think that is totally ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Forgettable View Post
    As long as the store doesn't sell items that affect combat, I don't really care what they put in it.
    We're already effectively past that point.

For me, these items would have all been better served as in-game rewards (as would all cash shop mounts), so it's rather disappointing to see.