Analysing the logs of a Guardian Druid

I need to be able to evaluate how good a guardian druid in my guild is, yet I do not play a druid myself. From the WoL logs, can I tell how well he is doing? What should I check? What should the values be for a 545 ilevel player?

What I mean is, for example for a protection paladin the uprimes of Shield of the Righteous and Sacred Shield are good indicators of the proper rotation being kept, apart from usage of defensive cooldowns.

you could post you logs here and people will tell you.

Look for uptimes on savage defends on a two tank fight it should be 40-50% and on a 1 tank fight or a fight where each tank has a boss the whole time like magaera the uptime should be 60-66%. Look at his uptimes on lacerate and thrash both should be aroung 80% atleast. 90% would be even better. How much was maul used, does it line up with T&C procs or atleast both numbvers be near each other.

Dont know his gear but with ilvl 535-540 he should be able to pull about 200k+dps on jinrokh heroic and have uptimes on sd about 50%.

My logs are only in german so I quess they will not help to compare but I quess some other decent guardian can post some so you can compare.

But more data would be good, like armory/logs/etc.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=2704&e=2957 - progression kill, kind of messy, but you can see what's going on. Some of the key things:

- Melee misses = lost rage and DPS. There should be as few of these as possible.
    - Savage Defense, uptime for me was 46% on this two-tank fight. Boosts your dodge chance for all physical attacks. Important to keep up generally at all times, though when you're tanking Malakk you want to save charges for when he empowers his weapon..
    - Power gains from Primal Fury. Each critical melee hit or Mangle gives you 15 Rage. Typically you can count on getting around 400-500 Rage per minute from this very important passive.
    - Tooth and Claw - this is an absorb that comes from using a proc Maul. This shouldn't be used too frequently, but you can check whether he is always using Maul with a T&C proc by comparing the number of Maul uses to the number of T&C debuff applications. (They can stack, so if he's stacking them up while not tanking they won't count as a new application)
    - Guardian T15 2P (Improved Regeneration) - On single target fights, it takes a while to build 10 stacks up, so I just use Frenzied Regeneration normally. That is, I use it when I'm capped on Rage, can't use SD and need health. You can also save them as a counter-spike against abilities like Talon Rake or Triple Puncture.
    - Heart of the Wild. My favorite use of this is as an opener, since that's when you have guaranteed trinket procs and can devote some time to DPS while your other tank is handling the boss. For a Guardian, it is best to do this in Cat Form and use Berserk for additional burst damage. Maintain Rake, Rip and Weakened Armor, spam Mangle and use FB to spend excess combo points.
    - If he takes Nature's Vigil instead, optimal uptime is 33%, but it can be timed to provide raid healing during specific phases if they recur every 1.5-2 minutes.
    - Most of a Guardian's GCDs will be Lacerate followed by Mangle. They should wind up being close to the same amount of direct hits, with Thrash and FF/FS being less frequent. During Incarnation he will be spamming Mangle while maintaining Thrash.
    Last edited by Tarazet; 2013-07-15 at 05:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arielle View Post
    If only someone had written an article on this exact topic.

Wait...

http://theincbear.com/how-to-evaluate-guardian-logs
    You could've just posted the link, instead of writen a clever comment as well..
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

Deleted
    If only someone had written an article on this exact topic.

Wait...

http://theincbear.com/how-to-evaluate-guardian-logs
    So sarcastic Ari Can't expect everyone else to know about a specific Bear forum Anyways, since I'm the Bear in question, I might as well add a few things. Although you could have just asked me Mr. Prot Paladin^^

There's several things to keep in mind, in regards to what have already been posted.

1. Is it a progression fight or a farm fight?

2. What sort of setup are you running - what class is your co. tank (tanking with a Warrior means over aggroing non stop=less dps)?

3. What sort of tactics is being used?

Anyways, I'll re-direct to Ari's link, since that's where most Heroic raiding Bears go for meaningful and valid info on our furry class.

You could've just posted the link, instead of writen a clever comment as well..
    I mean, if it wasn't on the front page of Google "Guardian world of logs" sure.

Plus I knew who the OP was in advance and wasn't terribly interested in being nice.

Deleted
    I mean, if it wasn't on the front page of Google "Guardian world of logs" sure.
    ^^ This. Googling what the OP wrote in subject would have done the trick.. it's not exactly black magic voodoo, so some scorn was well justified

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamyz View Post
    ^^ This. Googling what the OP wrote in subject would have done the trick.. it's not exactly black magic voodoo, so some scorn was well justified
    for future reference:

http://lmgtfy.com/

super useful

Thanks everyone I did try to search for this on this forum, to not make a duplicate post. Should have googled.

Anyway Danish, explain to me please how does me making this post insult you enough to kick me?

You bring this discussion here. Really?

She was right to call you a retard, now go away.

She failed on a boss, caused a wipe and called me a retard. I don't think there is much dispute about that. You have logs of what happened. What baffles me is that apparently this post was the reason I was removed from the guild.

Can you explain?

10+ Year Old Account
    This thread really doesn't have a prospective future now. If you're having intra-guild problems, don't sort them out on a public forum.