Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    sneaky blizzard, filing it in a country that no one has ever heard of!
    dragonmaw - EU

10+ Year Old Account
    This is just awesome. The lengths Blizz is willing to go to keep things secret. Love it!

I'm going to guess we'll never find out about the new expansion before it's ready to unveil at Blizzcon though, which is a shame.

Guys. I want the countries of all the head-staff at blizzard, and their families.
    I'm pulling an all nighter, boys
    i will check every country's trademark websites 8c

edit: this looked better in caps D:

Well, I guess the fact that the goverment of Swaziland does not have an online database was convenient.

I am not well versed in how this patenting process is done, but most likely the other patents will be sneaked in from countries which also lack such online accessibility.

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    This is just awesome. The lengths Blizz is willing to go to keep things secret. Love it!

I'm going to guess we'll never find out about the new expansion before it's ready to unveil at Blizzcon though, which is a shame.
    It'd be pretty unprecedented if they managed to keep it a complete secret though. I'm going to be thoroughly impressed if they manage it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ruuBEN View Post
    Guys. I want the countries of all the head-staff at blizzard, and their families.
    I'm pulling an all nighter, boys
    i will check every country's trademark websites 8c

edit: this looked better in caps D:

sounds easy, until you realise places like swaziland don't keep records online of trademarks, probably why they chose it lol.
    dragonmaw - EU

Quote Originally Posted by serenka View Post
    sounds easy, until you realise places like swaziland don't keep records online of trademarks, probably why they chose it lol.
    All that matters is the heart to do it. >:C

Quote Originally Posted by ruuBEN View Post
    All that matters is the heart to do it. >:C
    Never underestimate what a determined group of nerds are capable of.

I for one hope people can't find anything until Blizzcon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dunno if they would go with the same route for Exp 5, but I think if they indeed went with outside records for trademarks, we very well not hear anything until Blizzcon, or Gamescom if you're hopefull.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well seeing how fast everybody and their brother knew about Mists, I don't blame them. In fact, I kind of like being surprised by new announcements like expansions and stuff, I'd prefer not to know so far in advance to tell you the truth, it kind of kills the fun and suspense.

Quote Originally Posted by Pugbot View Post
    This brought a smile to my face.

Sounds like a made up country, I don't care if its on a map and has a government with a population to control, I won't believe it until I see it.
    US is the only country 'Murica

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Yeah, I'd love to have more secrets about the game. I think that's one of the drawback of it's popularity now. There are so many websites/people able to datamine that you see everything before it even hits the servers. There is your lack of mystery and wonder, people!

Then again, I continue to visit this site xD
    >I want more mystery in the game
    >Closes tab to read about 5.4 in the other tab.

Oh well, it's our own fault.

Quote Originally Posted by Asmekiel View Post
    >I want more mystery in the game
    >Closes tab to read about 5.4 in the other tab.

Oh well, it's our own fault.
    I feel the same way. I want more surprises but at the same time I just eat all the information I can possibly get.

Deleted
    Well, this doesn't surprise me, since Blizzard is a Delaware corporation.
    Enough said

Deleted
    Interesting ! Thanks for sharing

10+ Year Old Account
    Much as I like surprises, I love speculation much, MUCH more. One of my favourite days being on this forum was the night the Mists trademark was found and we spend all night chatting and specualting and digging around for stuff that would tell us more. It was glorious. The period after that, spending time specualting and arguing about the possibilities of Pandaren as a playable race and what class if any was going to be in the game were awesome too. I LOVE chatting about stuff like that.

So much as I love surprises, I hope some enterprising person finds the trademark somewhere about a month before Blizzcon, so I can revel in the speculation again, and wonder about the endless possibilities of what it could mean.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    I feel the same way. I want more surprises but at the same time I just eat all the information I can possibly get.
    thats why i didnt read anything about mists after beta started. only thing i did on beta was customize my pandaren so i knew what i wanted mine to look like
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    thats why i didnt read anything about mists after beta started. only thing i did on beta was customize my pandaren so i knew what i wanted mine to look like
    I actually managed to hold myself back on that as well. I read up on backstory and features and such, but I left instances and questlines completely alone.

All I could think of was "Is this the land of Patrick Swayze?"