Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    POSSIBLE but it's a very devoted process. Especially for an expansion we should already know the theme of.

The onky reason for Blizz to do this with Expansion V is if its not a legion expansion.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Synthaxx View Post

Who we really want to be looking at are their legal reps. You won't get anything out of them directly of course, but they may have left a paper trail to follow. It's unlikely, but still, might be worth a shot.
    i tried this, most of blizzards trademarks are filed by "rod.A.Rigole"

wondering if it was worth searching for him, i tried but didn't find much results apart from past blizzard trademarks

though if they go to the effort of tradermarking is swaiziland, maybe they would use a different name/person.
    dragonmaw - EU

10+ Year Old Account
    Well currently everyone thinks its a Burning Legion expansion, I'm starting to think it that exactly. I'm starting to think its N'zoth / Emerald Dream & Queen Azshara in one than Burning Legion strikes when nothing can stand in there way !!.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

Quote Originally Posted by Buu View Post
    Wait, that doesn't make sense. It still get ANY filing in the US priority. If anyone else in the US wanted they would still get a priority in the TM over the foreign application.

In practice protecting NOTHING. Seems to me that was just a coincidence or someone with privileged information and Blizzard delayed the TM to settle down with the other part trying to file the mark.
    Nope, Blizzard's Swaziland filing still serves to beat any other US application filed later than Feb. 28. Here's how:

- Feb. 28: Blizzard applies for the "Hearthstone" mark in Swaziland. Under the PCT, Blizzard has six months to file a corresponding US trademark application for "Hearthstone" in order to receive the benefit of the Swaziland filing date.
    - July 7: Within the six-month window, Blizzard files the "Hearthstone" trademark application in the US and claims priority under Section 44(d) to the Swaziland application. Based on the priority claim, the US application is deemed to have an effective filing date of Feb. 28.

Therefore, Blizzard's US filing has priority over any other US applications for "Hearthstone" (for the same or similar goods & services) filed after Feb. 28.

Hypo: Game Company X, upon seeing Blizzard's announcement at PAX East on March 22, rushes to file a US trademark application on the name because they thought Blizzard hadn't done so. Company X's application receives a priority date of March 22. Blizzard stays the course and files its US application on July 7, claiming priority to the Swaziland filing. Most likely, the Examining Attorney at the US Trademark Office would then reject Company X's application, citing Blizzard's earlier date. Game Company X would lose out.

Is there a chance we could find a possible link in these websites for the next expansion? Or is it very unlikely?
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)

We're confident the .01% left will be thrilled to attend a post-apocalyptic BlizzCon.

Quote Originally Posted by Foto View Post
    Is there a chance we could find a possible link in these websites for the next expansion? Or is it very unlikely?
    If they have filed already in Swaziland (or in a similarly small country with limited or no online searching capability), then it will likely be very hard to track down any filings. Not impossible, but probably not worth the effort either.

Of course, they may not have filed anything yet. Hearthstone was filed in Swaziland about a month before the public announcement, so unless the name might get out there earlier (e.g., Gamescom), they could wait to file abroad until Sept.-Oct.

Deleted
    I know curiosity is very powerful and part of Human nature but its times like this that I wish it didn't exist I would love to hear the 1st news of the next expansion via a huge promo event by Blizzard and not from a forum thread..

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Clever girl... er, company.

I don't know if they'd do them all in Swazliland. Maybe they'll spread their trademarks all around the world?!

Quote Originally Posted by Arson View Post
    searching for Blizzard Enterainment gives shitloads atleast. http://www.wipo.int/branddb/en/index.jsp#

I especially like the trademark for "N00BZ"

xD

edit: probably not any usefull information, but was fun looking.
    I think I just found the name!

World of Warcraft: Redneck Rampage

Quote Originally Posted by Foto View Post
    The whole point of filing trademarks in Swaziland is that they don't keep an online list. There's no website to find.

10+ Year Old Account
    so we now have to comb through every other countries trademark filings. Riiiight. Internet? Go forth. provide!

i'l get on the phone to reddit.
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Crysis View Post
    Sir, you just made my day! Hadn't been laughing so hard in months )
    Wut? What is so funny about people in traditional clothes? You must have a very depressing life if this makes you laugh so hard

Deleted
    To those wondering what Swaziland is:

Wasn't Heartstone filled as Heroes of Warcraft?

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    TBH I'm not sure why Blizz would want to keep something like that secret. It helped build up a BUNCH of hype for it. (except in the case of Pandaria, which actually seemed to divide the community into believers and non-believers. :P)
    Once bitten twice shy

Quote Originally Posted by Soratrox View Post
    Wait, where is this?
    From the Original post :

http://tsdr.uspto.gov/#caseNumber=86...e=statusSearch

case number is "86003646"

The one Synthaxx mentions is "86003647"

Alter the case number to "86003647" and you get :

http://tsdr.uspto.gov/#caseNumber=86...e=statusSearch

And you get a trade mark for B.I.L.F

Which appears to be for "Caps; Hats; Jackets; Shirts; Sweat shirts; T-shirts".

With (if you click on the Expand All button on the RHS) what appears to be no foreign trademark filings.

With a trademark class of 25 (clothing) :

http://tmexpress.blogspot.co.nz/2009...-class-25.html

So unless the next expansion is World of T-Shirt craft played using IRL clothing .....

Yeah it's nothing
    Last edited by bluspacecow; 2013-07-16 at 07:00 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bluspacecow View Post
    So unless the next expansion is World of T-Shirt craft played using IRL clothing .....

Yeah it's nothing
    i'd totally play world of T-Shirt craft.
    Hi

In the mean time Swaziland government wondering why their web page getting so many hits today.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    POSSIBLE but it's a very devoted process. Especially for an expansion we should already know the theme of.

The onky reason for Blizz to do this with Expansion V is if its not a legion expansion.
    Your reasoning doesn't quite make sense to me. You are saying that Blizzard WANTS the name to leak. Well then, tell me why they wouldn't simpy announce the name when they want the leak to happen, instead of praying that the community leaks it properly.

The reason Blizzard doesn't want the leak to happen is that they, like every other company, want to control the information flow themselves. the WHEN and HOW, in particular. The case of the poor reception of the Mists of Pandaria name should explain why. Basically Blizzard has had to spend the entire expansion fighting against a community backlash formed around the idea that "pandas" are childish and cuddly and utterly non-badass, and overall it's been a pretty uphill battle. Because the notions about "pandas" was formed without Blizzard being able to "sell the story" around it.

Again, in Blizz' eyes, it is crucial that they can control when the information is released, and that the information is packaged in a way that doesn't lead t the expansion starting off in a backlash PR nightmare even before it is announced, like happened with MoP.

Legion or not, this would be true of every xpac theme. As much as a legion theme may be popular with you, and many others, I am sure a lot of people would be able to find things to ragequit over if they are just given a name.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nyxxi View Post
    I know curiosity is very powerful and part of Human nature but its times like this that I wish it didn't exist
    Curiosity killed the Cata?

Deleted
    Where's the Trademark! Where are some leaks! Maaan I don't really want 2 months of SoO before we finally see what the expansion is and then another 12 months for it to get released :/