Deleted

"Timeless" Item tag

What is this?

If you look at the Trinkets on the frontpage ( http://ptr.wowdb.com/items/103986-discipline-of-xuen ) it reads "Timeless". What does that mean?

That it's from the Timeless isle.

What did you think it meant?

EDIT: As in probably from the 'item for your specialization' things. Though then again, the specialization things are 496 items, and usually tokens matched the item that they gave you...
    Last edited by Herecius; 2013-07-16 at 04:18 AM.

Looks like the new "Thunderforged," actually, don't you think? I'd have to go check the ilvl distributions, but is 535 normal "Thunderforged" for 5.4?

Though it doesn't really fit with the Siege theme, so maybe the Timeless Isle bosses have a chance to drop "Thunderforged" gear?

Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    That it's from the Timeless isle.

What did you think it meant?
    Yeah definitely from Timeless Isle. Not sure what else to say...
    Only the dead have seen the end of war. - George Santayana
    Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it. - George Santayana

My guess it will be treated like "thunderforged" items from ToT.
    "If the people who are trying to destroy this world aren't taking a day off, then why should I?"

-Bob Marley

Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post
    Looks like the new "Thunderforged," actually, don't you think? I'd have to go check the ilvl distributions, but is 535 normal "Thunderforged" for 5.4?
    Well if it's "thunderforged" I would imagine it being a world boss drop?
    Only the dead have seen the end of war. - George Santayana
    Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it. - George Santayana

Probably just a catch up trinket for the Timeless coins I believe.
    Not sure on the SoO ilevels at the moment :x

Best I can find is 553 for regular, so in my opinion at least, I'd think it's safe to say this is meant to be a catch up sort of trinket possibly, possibly involving quite a bit of farming...although overall I wish they'd announce more about the Timeless Isle...so far it's shaping up to sound quite amazing overall to me, and we'd know more about this trinket then.
    Last edited by Jester Joe; 2013-07-16 at 04:26 AM.

Though it doesn't really fit with the Siege theme, so maybe the Timeless Isle bosses have a chance to drop "Thunderforged" gear?
    I seem to remember a blue post saying the new "thunderforged" would be called "sha-touched" or something.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I seem to remember a blue post saying the new "thunderforged" would be called "sha-touched" or something.
    I swore I heard blood-soaked, but with regular appearing to be at 553 (http://ptr.wowhead.com/item=102306/5...tank-trinket-3), this trinket appears to be from something else.

They said Ordos would drop equivalent of normal and thunderforged gear ... so maybe his will be Timeless, and these are rep/valor/quest rewards from the Timeless Isle. Not sure why those would need the tag, but ...
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

The strange thing is that there are normal versions that are 496 and the timeless version is 535, I'm guessing that they must drop normal/thunderforged gear like Ordos does, and the ilvls aren't right just yet. That, or maybe they're valor trinkets and they can be upgraded or something? I'm not sure if the rep/valor vendor of this patch has been put in yet, so it's possible.

There's those Timeless armor caches that are 496, and the non-timeless trinkets are 496, so they're probably connected. It's also possible that you can buy the 496 version and the 535 timeless one comes from the boss.

It'll all be figured out eventually though, it's too early to say what's up with it all.
    Last edited by IRunSoFarAway; 2013-07-16 at 06:12 AM.

Ugh. I fucking over the thunderforged bullshit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds like the Timeless Isle version of the latent Kor'korn gear in the barrens.
    Catch up stuff.

Deleted
    I think Blizz made a misstake when they decided to use the word "Timeless" here, no matter if its catch up gear or "new thunderforged" or whatever it might be. Timeless in my book means something that never goes out of style, so I would want it to scale like heirlooms, THAT would make the item Timeless. Now the item is just timeless for the months leading up to next raid/next expansion, witch makes it not so timeless at all.

So Blizz, make it scale or change the name