Deleted

This is how you look for the Trademark (brief guide).

What ho,

Considering how the trademark is almost certain to be filed soon, I just thought it'd be appropriate to share our trademark skillz amongst each other.

What you do to look for new Blizzard Trademarks, is the following:

#1 Visit: http://www.uspto.gov/ (The United States Patent and Trademark Office).

#2 Go to Trademarks -> Trademark Search in the drop down navigation menu at the top.

#3 Under 'Select A Search Option', click 'Basic Word Mark Search (New User)'.

#4 In the empty text field, enter 'Blizzard Entertainment'. In the 'Field' menu, select 'Owner Name and Address'. Click 'Submit Query'.

#5 Voila. Here you have a list of the latest Trademarks registered under the Blizzard Entertainment name. You can go into the old ones and see when they were filed in case you want to seek patterns. Hearthstone appeared just a few days ago, or was renewed, I'm not sure. Anyhow, once EXP 5 is approved, it will show up at the top.

At least this is how I do it. There might be other ways. Feel free to share if you know of any!

For the record, these are the trademark dates from the past. They all had 5 days between the date of registering and when the news hit.

The Burning Crusade
    Filed on: May 3, 2005
    Trademark hit the news on: Unknown, 2005

Wrath of the Lich King
    Filed on: July 28, 2007
    Trademark hit the news on: August 2, 2007

Cataclysm
    Filed on: June 26, 2009
    Trademark hit the news on: July 1, 2009

Mists of Pandaria
    Filed on: July 27, 2011
    Trademark hit the news on: August 2, 2011
    Last edited by mmocf747bdc2eb; 2013-07-16 at 07:11 AM.

Or, you could let yourself be surprised instead of riding on a hype train that is assured to eventually crash into a giant ball of disappointment.
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Moon View Post
    Or, you could let yourself be surprised instead of riding on a hype train that is assured to eventually crash into a giant ball of disappointment.
    Suit yourself. I like hype.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo Risin View Post
    Suit yourself. I like hype.
    Hype can be fun, but I think it just ends up hurting the game in question in the long run. That, and I've fallen down the hype tower so many times before, I've learned my lesson :P
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Moon View Post
    Hype can be fun, but I think it just ends up hurting the game in question in the long run. That, and I've fallen down the hype tower so many times before, I've learned my lesson :P
    I did that with GW2, it hurt so, so bad!

so close, if the pattern continues like it has. hopefully within a week now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nolliepop View Post
    so close, if the pattern continues like it has. hopefully within a week now.
    The WotLK and MoP trademarks were indeed filed on the 27th (Cata was earlier), with the news breaking on the 2nd of August. We'll see soon!

And what if they've already been done, like Windfury said?

10+ Year Old Account
    They have that legacy of the void thing that was "fake" leaked a few years back. It involved the legion and an Outland revamp.

Quote Originally Posted by MMOTotal View Post
    They have that legacy of the void thing that was "fake" leaked a few years back. It involved the legion and an Outland revamp.
    That was fan made, form a user on these very forums.

10+ Year Old Account
    Legacy of the Void is for Starcraft.

Guys, it's not gonna go down like it usually has. Blizzard have become smarter, they trademark in other countries that don't have online databases, they then have 6 months to file it back to the US. They did this with Hearthstone in Swaziland (Africa..).

You'll be wasting your time searching this time around...

The link that explains it all is in the 3rd post.

They have most likely ALREADY filed the next expansion in some unknown country without an online registry for their trademarks and patents, but won't move it to the US before the announcement at Blizzcon.
    Last edited by Nibu; 2013-07-27 at 08:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nibu View Post
    Guys, it's not gonna go down like it usually has. Blizzard have become smarter, they trademark in other countries that don't have online databases, they then have 6 months to file it back to the US. They did this with Hearthstone in Swaziland (Africa..).

You'll be wasting your time searching this time around...

The link that explains it all is in the 3rd post.

They have most likely ALREADY filed the next expansion in some unknown country without an online registry for their trademarks and patents, but won't move it to the US before the announcement at Blizzcon.
    if that's the case, would a group of people hypothetically be able to call random countries to find out if blizzard registered a trademark there? or is that information private? depends on the country?

just a silly question :3

Quote Originally Posted by nolliepop View Post
    if that's the case, would a group of people hypothetically be able to call random countries to find out if blizzard registered a trademark there? or is that information private? depends on the country?

just a silly question :3
    I'm not really sure. I guess, hypothetically - but do you have Swaziland's phone number?

Quote Originally Posted by CosmicGuitars View Post
    I'm not really sure. I guess, hypothetically - but do you have Swaziland's phone number?
    Some of them might not even share that information unless you actually go there and ask for the papers.

Blizzard has finally found their privacy. Well, at least now they can prepare a huge event where they give the very first impression and not try to live to fan-made expectations.