Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Dark Binding Glyph replaced 5.4 PTR

Glyph of Dark Binding replaced with Glyph of Focused Mending

Glyph of Focused Mending
    Causes your Prayer of Mending to only bounce between the target and the caster. Major Glyph.

The new glyph probably doesn't work when PoM is self targeted which nerfs Shadow Priest self survivability.

When will Blizzard stop nerfing Shadow Priest solo capability to nerf Shadow Priests in arena?

10+ Year Old Account
    Where did you see this? Can I have a link? I don't see any info on one glyph replacing the other...

I've been playing on PTR. My original Dark Binding glyph in the slot was replaced. Can't find Dark Binding in the glyph selection anymore.

There are a couple of other glyph replacements. Most of the new glyphs from spell changes on the front page off mmo-champ are glyph replacements (eg. Glyph of Invisibility >>> Glyph of Rapid Displacement).

I read a similar post about the Balance Druid equivalent now being baked-in to the Balance spec. Are you sure it's not the same way for Shadow?
    Quote Originally Posted by Novakhoro View Post
    I recommend shoulder surgery immediately... there's no way you didn't fuck it up with how hard you just reached.

I think its already baseline for priest on the ptr, it was a mindless glyph afterall

I have a question about the PoM glyph. It says it bounces between the target and the caster. So does that if you target yourself it will bounce.. on yourself.. 5 times?

Hoping it becomes baseline. If not, that's going to be a rough nerf.

Quote Originally Posted by Damax View Post
    I think its already baseline for priest on the ptr, it was a mindless glyph afterall
    In the current PTR build, it is not yet baseline.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kreuz Kontrol View Post
    I have a question about the PoM glyph. It says it bounces between the target and the caster. So does that if you target yourself it will bounce.. on yourself.. 5 times?
    lolz, it will be not working?

It will be baseline.
    Still waiting for more compensation for the shadowform nerf.

Quote Originally Posted by Theed View Post
    It will be baseline.
    Still waiting for more compensation for the shadowform nerf.
    Already "compensated" for: +60% armor while in Shadow Form.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by yurano View Post
    Already "compensated" for: +60% armor while in Shadow Form.
    That was an offset, waiting on compensation.

Quote Originally Posted by Frmercury View Post
    That was an offset, waiting on compensation.
    Do you not know what compensation is? They took something overpowered, nerfed it a bit, and compensated for it by giving you extra armor.

What are you expecting? Them to take away the 15% damage reduction, then "offset" it with 60% armor, and then add something else to further compensate you? That would be dumb.

You'll be waiting a long time if you expect them to add anything else in that regard.

10+ Year Old Account
    We already had this discussion a month ago and the amount of damage reduction provided by the armor increase is pitiful and meaningless. It's not enough to keep Shadow from taking too much damage.

Locks just basically got passive self VE added in, and we just have DI + DP atm which isn't enough.

Ftr:
    Compensation:
    a (1) : something that constitutes an equivalent or recompense

Deleted
    You do realize that the bonus armor does result in more than 15% dmg reduction against pure melee dmg?
    Its not supposed to help against casters, there is more than enough tools against those...
    For example 6% less spelldmg taken glyph, since one glyph spot just opened up (in case you had not used it before).
    Last edited by mmoc6ca09c3993; 2013-07-17 at 11:53 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by burk23 View Post
    You do realize that the bonus armor does result in more than 15% dmg reduction against pure melee dmg?
    Its not supposed to help against casters, there is more than enough tools against those...
    For example 6% less spelldmg taken glyph, since one glyph spot just opened up (in case you had not used it before).
    Take my hand... as I've said we've already had this discussion. It's so little mitigation against such a small percentage of damage that's it may as well be nothing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Frmercury View Post
    Take my hand... as I've said we've already had this discussion. It's so little mitigation against such a small percentage of damage that's it may as well be nothing.
    The math was being done by Yvaelle based on guesses and filled with mathematical mistakes that anyone in 9th grade shouldnt be doing anymore. Other people on the other hand went to ptr and did the math correctly. And yeah, its more than 15% physical dmg reduction.

Also bleeds are not magical dmg, he/she pulls magic numbers like melees do 50% magical dmg out of his/her hat, so this post is definitely not worth considering.
    Last edited by mmoc6ca09c3993; 2013-07-17 at 12:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    Do you not know what compensation is? They took something overpowered, nerfed it a bit, and compensated for it by giving you extra armor.
    It was only overpowered in PvE. Shadow Priests and certain other classes were taking less damage in raids.

Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    What are you expecting? Them to take away the 15% damage reduction, then "offset" it with 60% armor, and then add something else to further compensate you? That would be dumb.
    Compensating with armor is fine, but 60% armor is approximately 18% physical damage reduction but doesn't affect magic or bleeds. In PvP, Shadow Priests are now taking more damage from almost every class, breaking even for Combat Rogues and Warriors.

90% armor would have been a more fair adjustment for PvP.

It doesn't change the fact that Shadow Priests are now taking more damage in PvP.

Also bleeds are not magical dmg, he/she pulls magic numbers like melees do 50% magical dmg out of his/her hat, so this post is definitely not worth considering.
    Most melee only do about 50% physical damage. There are some exceptions like Warriors and Combat Rogues who do upwards of 90% physical damage.

I like how you criticize other people's numbers without providing your own.
    Last edited by yurano; 2013-07-17 at 01:08 PM.

The math was being done by Yvaelle based on guesses and filled with mathematical mistakes that anyone in 9th grade shouldnt be doing anymore. Other people on the other hand went to ptr and did the math correctly. And yeah, its more than 15% physical dmg reduction.

You do know that Bleeds ignore armor right?
    Priest Warrior
    You are not your role. You are not how much gold you have on your account.
    You are not the mount you ride. You are not the contents of your bank.
    You are not your epic purples. You are not a special and unique snowflake.
    You are the all-grinding, all-farming crap of Azeroth.