10+ Year Old Account

2 Seasons per Raid Tier!

how many season remains before the next expansion? 2? the season 15 is actually not in ptr but exist.
    We haven't decided yet. Might depend on how the 5.4 season goes.
    That above got me thinking, why don't they do 2 seasons per tier?

Seasons would end reflecting the balancing they started with. No mid season patch to change the rules. This also allows for the mid tier patch to push PVP balancing harder.

2 Tiers of PvP iLvL, allowing a slower ramp up of pvp ilevel vs pve, yet the ability later on when Heroic gear becomes more common for PVP to catch up.

Character progression through gear being added back every 12 weeks instead of 24 will increase player participation throughout the whole season. No more 12-16 weeks of points with no upgrades to buy.

What's the downside? Gladiator title only lasts 3 months?
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

i dont mind the 6 month-ish season. its long, but 2 per tier feels too short.. i'd like features like weekly tournaments or some sort of incentive to queue each lockout other than conq.
    Arena Master Elemental Shaman
    Maeros@Illidan
    http://www.twitch.tv/chroniclinex
    http://www.youtube.com/chroniclinex

Quote Originally Posted by Korgoth View Post
    That above got me thinking, why don't they do 2 seasons per tier?

Seasons would end reflecting the balancing they started with. No mid season patch to change the rules. This also allows for the mid tier patch to push PVP balancing harder.

2 Tiers of PvP iLvL, allowing a slower ramp up of pvp ilevel vs pve, yet the ability later on when Heroic gear becomes more common for PVP to catch up.

Character progression through gear being added back every 12 weeks instead of 24 will increase player participation throughout the whole season. No more 12-16 weeks of points with no upgrades to buy.

the between-tier patches (5.1, 5.3) are typically released approximately every 2 months, and the major tier patches are typically released approximately every 6 months (4 after mid patches).

I think it's good. There should only be one season per patch.

Look at 5.2 vs 5.3, it's completely different games and people who got high ratings during 5.2 are just camping now. Instead if they would of just started a new season with 5.3 the ladder wouldn't of been as bloated as now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    the between-tier patches (5.1, 5.3) are typically released approximately every 2 months, and the major tier patches are typically released approximately every 6 months (4 after mid patches).
    Should check your math there. There is only 1 mid tier patch, major tier patches released every 6 months, therefore the mid tier isnt every 2 months.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

Can't imagine that'd bother anyone. If you're truly a gladiator player you should be able to earn it again.

It'd increase arena participation, increase competition. And I completely agree that seasons should end in the same patch that they started - now you've mentioned it, it actually doesn't make sense to have a balance patch during a season for a PvP game (even if it is just part of the overall MMO).

I remember there was a discussion on AJ a while back about having weekly/monthly seasons instead of per item level tier. More seasons seems on paper like a fantastic idea, anyway.

Maybe it's what Blizzard already has in store (there shouldn't be another content patch after this one, so why would they even bother making new gladiator mounts and titles?).
    Last edited by Snuggli; 2013-07-24 at 07:46 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snuggli View Post
    Can't imagine that'd bother anyone. If you're truly a gladiator player you should be able to earn it again.

It'd increase arena participation, increase competition. And I completely agree that seasons should end in the same patch that they started - now you've mentioned it, it actually doesn't make sense to have a balance patch during a season for a PvP game (even if it is just part of the overall MMO).

I remember there was a discussion on AJ a while back about having weekly/monthly seasons instead of per item level tier. More seasons seems on paper like a fantastic idea, anyway.

Maybe it's what Blizzard already has in store (there shouldn't be another content patch after this one, so why would they even bother making new gladiator mounts and titles?).
    i dont normally worry about what other people do... but the problem i see isnt with us getting our titles, it's with people who shouldnt be getting them getting them and lording it for team selection. hard enough to find players that havent paid for their titles let alone ending up with some hunter or warrior that titled in a short season exploiting something like the stampede bug.

that's more devil's advocate since i rarely change my partners.. but still. if they fixed broken sh*t faster i may feel differently.

Should check your math there. There is only 1 mid tier patch, major tier patches released every 6 months, therefore the mid tier isnt every 2 months.
    *released 2 months after the major patch.
    sorry that was so confusing for you, but the point is it would make 1 ~8 week season and 1 ~16 week season at the current patch schedule.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lulbalance View Post
    i dont normally worry about what other people do... but the problem i see isnt with us getting our titles, it's with people who shouldnt be getting them getting them and lording it for team selection. hard enough to find players that havent paid for their titles let alone ending up with some hunter or warrior that titled in a short season exploiting something like the stampede bug.

that's more devil's advocate since i rarely change my partners.. but still. if they fixed broken sh*t faster i may feel differently.
    But isn't there always that nagging balance problem that causes people to feel someone didnt earn it. Like you had warrior hunter then we replaced that for what, rogue hunter, which then got replaced itself, and now its like feral or ret/hunter. Then you have shit like Ele shamans. Maybe I am just being negative, but it seems to me the mid tier patch causes as much balancing issues it fixes, and the real bad stuff gets hotfix before that.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think this is a good idea. Less time for people to sit on rating and more time actually playing and being active. It would mean more work, though, and we know the most minimum effort goes into PvP, nowadays. Without trying to sound disrespectful, but MoP PvP has been diabolical and that's coming from someone that's playing a Hunter.

sorry that was so confusing for you, but the point is it would make 1 ~8 week season and 1 ~16 week season at the current patch schedule.
    Well then wait for it... What if they changed their patch schedule so it would be 2 12 week seasons? If they were going to change it to be a season each patch I'm pretty sure they'd make the patches the same length.
    I am not Voting Trump because I support him, its about keeping a Career Criminal out of office that mishandles classified information.
    Beta males can cry on how I will not vote for their brood mother.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    Have you even considered the perspective of the 'violent' muslims?

10+ Year Old Account
    5.0 8/28
    5.1 11/27
    5.2 3/5
    5.3 5/21

Thats not 8 weeks.

52 weeks in a year, 4 off weeks, 4 seasons 12 weeks per. It works out well.