Deleted

So.. This Glyph idea would be too overpowered?

Hi,

Since our aoe isn't very good, i was thinking if would be viable have a glyph that apply rupture to all target hit by FoK, Rupture points would be applied with the current cp at the moment.

just and idea

Yes, I think it would be really Overpowered, for Assassination especially.

Quote Originally Posted by Enkhrypthor View Post
    Hi,

Since our aoe isn't very good, i was thinking if would be viable have a glyph that apply rupture to all target hit by FoK, Rupture points would be applied with the current cp at the moment.

just and idea
    a glyph that would allow Crimson Tempest to do someting else would be better. since ct nearly got no use and can't be spammed as much as FoK

They could do something like Crimson Tempest causes Venomous Wounds allowing us to FoK more and just use CT and envenom insted of having to put up rupture, although i dont think our aoe is that bad, and this might be op.

The Sunder Armor glyph is going to make Rogue AoE possibly the best of all classes already, even if it's not damage directly from the Rogue.

Quote Originally Posted by Synexlol View Post
    The Sunder Armor glyph is going to make Rogue AoE possibly the best of all classes already, even if it's not damage directly from the Rogue.
    This. Be content with having an obnoxious FoK glyph coming in the future already. Your idea would be too overpowered.
    Carp - Illidan-US
    I wish I wish I was a fish.
    My rogue

10+ Year Old Account
    To look at the ramifications of the concept, since FoK presumably still isn't a finisher, you'd hit 5 CP, replace rupture with FoK on single target and continue your rotation. This would be roughly equivalent to FoK generating 6 CP instead of 1 CP.

As others have said, making CT useful (for assassination) would go a long ways further than changing FoK more. The ability's already there... it just hits like a wet noodle. Making it proc a (weaker, 0 energy return) VW would be the best easy way to buff it if Blizzard decided assassination's AoE was lacking.

I like that assassination doesn't use CT. Each spec has its own unique AoE rotation, they aren't all that different but it is one of the places Blizzard has done a good job with spec individuality although possibly by accident.

Combat puts up BF does a single target rotation replacing Evis with CT if the bleed isn't up.
    Sub spams FoK finishing with CT.
    Assassination uses FoK as CP builder and either multi-dots or does a single target rotation.
    Fierydemise-ShaowCraft Engine Guy
    Rogue Chat-Blogging about Rogue PvE and Theorycrafting (Twitter)
    Rogue IRC: #Ravenholdt on Quakenet

Quote Originally Posted by Synexlol View Post
    How do you figure this? Is it because most groups don't have a tallstrider, so an extra couple percent out of the warriors is cool?

Don't get me wrong, this makes the ability nicer in aoe situations, but how much physical aoe is really in this game, overall? Not so much that the tallstrider is mandatory, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Verain View Post
    How do you figure this? Is it because most groups don't have a tallstrider, so an extra couple percent out of the warriors is cool?

Don't get me wrong, this makes the ability nicer in aoe situations, but how much physical aoe is really in this game, overall? Not so much that the tallstrider is mandatory, right?
    FoK
    Whirlwind
    Bladestorm
    Multi-shot
    Thrash
    Swipe
    Spinning Crane Kick
    And presumably the cleave trinket and legendary cloak procs for physical dps are also physical damage.