Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    It's good then they have a small team working on 2 week updates while larger teams focus on bigger updates in the background instead of solely focusing on "big updates" like MMO's usually do.

So wait you get those big updates every 4-6 months that other MMO's do? AND temp content every 2 weeks?

Holy shit balls
    Yeah.. temp content that takes like an hour to complete, and it's only TEMPORARY. lol and 4-6 months jesus what MMO you been playin? Oh right, GW2.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    Yeah.. temp content that takes like an hour to complete, and it's only TEMPORARY. lol and 4-6 months jesus what MMO you been playin? Oh right, GW2.
    Hmm? WoW usually takes 3-5 months per update and this was for MoP only (and half their updates is just new dailys). It went much much much longer in wrath and cata with nothing inbetween. The transition from cata - MoP went almost a year with zero updates.

Let's see what other popular mmo's are there... Rift is the same deal, TERA hasn't gotten a big update since it's raid a few months ago, TSW failed at monthly updates (which is just a few quests and new sskills anyway).

Right now GW2 is pumping out content faster then any MMO, temporary or not and if you play the game you get the updates so it doesn't matter if its temp and an hour? Don't over exaggerate.
    Last edited by zito; 2013-07-18 at 05:13 AM.

See, I love temporary content, because it allows them to actually progress the story and make the game even less static than other games. Sure, temporary content sucks for completionists if you are unable to get on during the period of that content, but such is life.

And, most content in other mmo's "lasts" for similar periods of time, except when there's artificial gating preventing it from being completed sooner (using "lasts" to mean how long it takes to complete it, not how long you're stuck with it).

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

And, most content in other mmo's "lasts" for similar periods of time, except when there's artificial gating preventing it from being completed sooner (using "lasts" to mean how long it takes to complete it, not how long you're stuck with it).
    *cough* throne of thunder dailys *cough*

*cough* Molten front *cough*

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    *cough* throne of thunder dailys *cough*

*cough* Molten front *cough*
    I was trying to be circumspect!

If I'm not mistaken the blog should be up today sometime, still early hours here in Europe so plenty of time left I guess. Can't wait to see what they have in store for the future.

Eh, I'm still of the mindset that they need to get back on track with the Elder Dragons story and stop fucking around with this stupid little side story shit that honestly makes no sense in the grand scheme of things. Yes I know it will all "supposedly" tie together, but it's still fucking retarded dealing with crabs, grumbling politicians, and random mob alliances that all disappear 2-4 weeks after they're introduced.

Give me some more Elder Dragon content to play or fuck off Anet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr Storm View Post
    Eh, I'm still of the mindset that they need to get back on track with the Elder Dragons story and stop fucking around with this stupid little side story shit that honestly makes no sense in the grand scheme of things. Yes I know it will all "supposedly" tie together, but it's still fucking retarded dealing with crabs, grumbling politicians, and random mob alliances that all disappear 2-4 weeks after they're introduced.

Still a better love story than the Elder Dragons which have absolutely zero personality, shits worse than deathwing. I guess they made them that way so they wouldn't have to strain their writers. Not sure why anyone would actually want to fight the next boring dragon... the story of the gods such as abbadon are waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more interesting.

@zito - WoW hasn't taken that long in a while, I'm enjoying the permanent content there 10x more, scenarios challenge modes raids dungeons multiple bgs and arenas, you just jelly bro! they've been adding a ton of stuff lately, just go check the list on front page. Btw one set of dailies in WoW last me longer than your temporary content in GW2 and I enjoy them because I actually get adequately rewarded.

e; sorry fencers I'm done
    Last edited by Lazuli; 2013-07-18 at 07:49 PM.

well enjoy your dailies then

The problem with focusing on the Elder Dragons, and only the dragons, is that the world of Tyria encompasses so much more than just the dragons. Zhaitan was the most immediate threat to Tyria (continent). The other dragons have little direct impact on the continent - sure, they restrict where we can go (Jormag to the north, Kralkatorrik in the CD, Primordus in/near Maguuma, and Bubbles in the sea), but aren't immediate threats (though their minions are). Meanwhile, life continues, and therefore other events happen, outside of the influence of the dragons.

There's a central figure stirring up different factions into working togethor to attack the Five Races, what's to say it's NOT a dragon?

Not that it's not cool to raise a sunken nation full of undead, but it's also nice if there's a villain that plans things out and uses subtlety a bit. I'd rather go longterm with the Elder Dragons. It WOULD be nice to see another minion dragon though, one more mobile than the current crop. Not exactly like the Karka Queen from Southsun's debut, but something like that. (Like a dragon springing out of the ground and smashing it's way towards the nearest big city unless we kill it in time.)

Quote Originally Posted by rhandric View Post
    I think you are right when it comes to content that is purposefully designed to be done daily and provide a meaningless time sink. But I don't think that is the case w/ more substantial content such as zones, raids, story chapters, etc for most MMO players. At least not that often.

A lot of people don't play MMOs so seriously they are able to progress through an entire raid [even the ones that do play intensely typically can not do so] or epic quest chain in 2 weeks. Even without artificial gating such as a lock out.

Then you have the MMOs that have a lot of emergent gameplay like Eve, Age of Wushu or Fallen Earth. Where a patch or content addition can change the dynamics of the play environment in ways that are not always so neatly bullet pointed.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2013-07-19 at 03:58 AM.