Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

Changes you want in the next expansion

This is NOT a speculation thread like the others which have popped up on the forums in the past week, this is just a wishlist thread where I want you to state the changes/additional features you want for the next expansion..
    Please do NOT speculate the theme or antagonist of the next expansion, just state the changes/features you want..
    For example,

1)Like many other people, I don't want a new race..Rather I want new models, alligned with the lore..For example, new Maghar orcs(red/brown skin) who have joined the Horde..Perhaps completely new models for humans.. The dwarves having 3 major models for the Dark Iron, Bronzebeard and Wildhammer dwarves respectively..The forsaken having many new models , as in undead elves and human etc..Trolls having new skins : possibly the minor remnants of the 4 empires who didn't reunite as the Zandalari and ally with the Thunder King have some lore leading to showing how they joined the Dark Spear trolls..etc etc

2)I am indifferent on the introduction of a new class
    3) I want 5m heroics to be a little more challenging..like hc scenarios..
    4)Tweaking the talent trees for a number of classes : mages,warlocks,druids especially

*5) Refurbished major cities+NEW CITIES for Goblins,Trolls,Worgen and maybe gnomes..
    I don't know why many of you hate Org, but I love the current "iron-reinforced fortress" city...Yes Org should be refurbished a bit, VoS should be revamped completely, showing the Goblins finally leaving the slums and moving to their new city,as trolls take over VoS and make it beautiful again.. Grommash hold moved to VoH and something done with RFC now that we're having a raid there..
    *Stormwind should have some changes, like the park landmass restored or some shit like that..
    *Thunder Bluff,Darnassus and Silvermoon have some minor changes
    *Undercity completely revamped..PLZ ..I dont want the forsaken to represent the scourge or st like that..I hate the fact that their living in a naxxaramas-esque city...The slime should be replaced with ice water, and the halls etc should be revamped..

I know the changes I'm demanding will consume a lot of development time but I just hope Blizz doesn't excuse them for the infamous "how much more NEW content do you want to sacrifice" excuse.. They redid THE WHOLE OF AZEROTH in Cata, and designed new raids and areas, as well as 2 new races..
    They can revamp some cities, and introduce new major cities + redesign classes to bring them to the pandaren quality standard..

10+ Year Old Account
    1. All dungeons in the game scaleable to max level for Challenge Modes.

2. more cinematic's.

3. a warchief i can put my faith in.
    Hi

Deleted
    I want that the 1st Alliance town in the new area is not an unfinished fort or a ruin while the Horde 1st town is an already fully functioning fortress. Just for once.

I would like to be able to use the mounts from AQ in the world. Also, flying Kodo's. Imagine the possibilities of having a flying Kodo.... They could introduce an entirely new dimension of PvP, and bring back poop quests at the same time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Etoo View Post
    Imagine the possibilities of having a flying Kodo....
    you just blew my mind. i also want this.
    Hi

Bloodsail Admiral Lethey Alexandros's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Etoo View Post
    I would like to be able to use the mounts from AQ in the world. Also, flying Kodo's. Imagine the possibilities of having a flying Kodo.... They could introduce an entirely new dimension of PvP, and bring back poop quests at the same time.
    Obviously you did not follow the grummle quests through Kun-lai lol.

1. Reputations with exalted rewards worth getting, yeah I am look at you crappy blue klaxxi weapons.
    2. New character models
    3. Raid attunments. I found them entertaining and often times they gave some cool little background info on the raid or the focous of the raid. Karazhan attunment was one of the best.

I'd like to see us level to 100, and have scenarios available as an alternate leveling (like dungeons are for leveling). With quests and phat loot at the end which would either 1.) scale with our level 90-100
    or 2.) Be the correct level ex: level 99 runs a scenario; gets level 99 loot, NOT level 91 loot.
    I'd like to see more dungeons end game, I know Blizzard said something how they didn't like that they did only a few dungeons this expac, I hope they don't do it again.
    I don't want the thunderforged thing played along with every raid.
    Less linear raids, for sure!
    I don't want them to press the cash shop on us for anything raiding or playing wise. (ex: You have to buy this weapon off the cash shop to do the most damage.)I know right now it's only xmog, mounts, pets and exp for asia, But I don't want it to get out of hand, please Blizzard.
    I'd like something done with servers, Hopefully virtual servers will fix this but I hate seeing servers die off.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rivyr View Post
    3. Raid attunments. I found them entertaining and often times they gave some cool little background info on the raid or the focous of the raid. Karazhan attunment was one of the best.
    I like this, I think they could have done some neat attunements for these raids.

Deleted
    Mage nerfs.

15+ Year Old Account
    Solo scenarios are the perfect way to implement raid attunements.

Bloodsail Admiral Lethey Alexandros's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Boottybounce View Post
    I like this, I think they could have done some neat attunements for these raids.
    They could have done some neat ones very easily. More so with the use of phaseing and scenarios that we now have available. I have always been a proponent for "The journey" But wow seems to be trimming away more and more of "The journey" which is why I would be very pleased to see alot of quest types return such as Attunments, class quests, eliet group quests.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Annarion View Post
    Why does it have to be solo? To many things in wow seem to be done alone anymore. At the very least utalize 3 man scenarios for attunment. Get some group play in there lol.

Account wide rep, especially if they keep with the same rep to unlock vp gear model.

New models

Streamlined abilities and simplified rotations. 4-5 buttons max. Maybe tone down the total number of spells and abilities.

Account wide secondary professions.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Instant level 100 button, no leveling - straight to level 100 dungeons->heroics->raids.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

10+ Year Old Account
    1) Something in the next expansion similar to the tiller's farm, nice to be able to grow my own mats for raids and what not
    2) Separate main city - it feels cool to have a faction-specific city (but it needs to be more themed to the faction, the horde and alliance city shouldn't look the same)
    Favorite Owned Title: Champion of Ulduar
    Favorite Owned Mount: Ashes of Al'ar
    "Prisoners? Ha. With it bindings unshackled, its gonna' come after us, and we're going to be the prisoners" -- Brann Bronzebeard on Yogg'saron

Darker and more gritty setting.
    Enjoyable pvp with much less cc and random oneshot burst.
    Do you hear the voices too?

1) Less buttons to press/more streamlining of class mechanics, not to remove skill but to remove unnecessary complexity.
    2) Multiple raids each tier instead of a single huge raid
    3) Difficulty curve in normal mode bosses
    4) Flex Raid applied to Normal and Heroic, instead of being a mode all its own
    5) Removal or heavy redesign of avoidance stats for tanks
    6) Cross-Faction grouping for dungeons/raids/scenarios (i.e. for instanced content)
    7) Account-wide Reputation

Hunter and Rogue classes redone on a MoP Warlock scale.

AT LEAST 12 dungeons on expansion launch OR 20 scenarios that are well fleshed out and the currency system from them not becoming outdated a month into the expansion.

Dungeon/scenario tiering on expansion launch so that the first 6 dungeons or 12 scenarios are easier and give ok blue loot, the next 4 dungeons or 6 scenarios are harder give near-LFR level loot and the remaining few are quite tough but give loot between LFR and normal modes. Challenge modes now drop loot equal to or greater than normal mode raids.

The ilvl crunch. Reduction of button bloat.

Making a lot of CC's and burst cds spec exclusive again. Making rogue specs more unique from one another in doing so.

Path of the Titans to unlock a more powerful version of your preferred spec at level cap.

Level cap of 100 instead of 95. New models including allowing players to look like other "factions" (Magh'ar for Orcs, Dark Iron for Dwarves etc.) Going along with this, and something that would require a ridiculous effort: a beginning leveling experience exclusive for the faction you pick for your race (i.e. Magh'ar Orc starts in obscure area in Nagrand at level 1 and then is ported to Orgrimmar around level 10).

Burning Legion xpac.
    Last edited by Flaks; 2013-07-16 at 08:01 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

1. A reptile and or amphibious race - one of each? Dragonkin would work too.
    2. A new class of any flavor or additional specs for existing classes.
    3. Drastically expanded customization for player characters in terms of features.
    4. Re-design of many of the talents in the game.
    5. Alternate Advancement (e.g. Path of the Titans or its successor)
    6. A bigger variety of environments than we got in MoP (Cata did this well - Egyptian-themed desert, plane of Earth, underwater, etc...)
    7. A "scary" zone/dungeon/raid
    8. More raids that are just about adventuring - kind of like Karazhan; Malchezaar wasn't a threat to the world necessarily but we went in there to explore because that's who we are.
    9. Full re-vamp of runeforging system (still should be superior choice for DKs but needs variety and impact) and possibly a change to runes/RP.
    10. Shifting Unholy's focus from being about enhancing the ghoul to being about summoning varied minions for perhaps less permanent time and more about enhancing the DK himself (EG dark transformation makes ME a monstrosity, not my ghoul)
    Signature dunked by a lame MMO Champ robot.

Quote Originally Posted by Annarion View Post
    With the ease of scenarios, they really shouldn't be solo unless the lore/gameplay REALLY calls for it like the intro to Isle of Thunder of Warlock Green Fire quest. I think the system they have in place right now is pretty good where they're limiting the number of solo scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    Reduction of button bloat. Making a lot of CC's and burst cds spec exclusive again.
    Yes pls that would be a good start.
    Do you hear the voices too?