Deleted

Talking Need a good quality, reasonably priced gaming headset!

Hey people, just looking for a few recommendations of a good quality and reasonably priced gaming headset I can buy. The reason I ask is because I've now gone through two sets of Turtle Beach headsets, X1's and X11's and I'm wondering are there any better out there for the same price, based on your experience with different sets.

I'm not looking for top of the range gaming headsets which filter different sounds out as I'm relatively casual when it comes to gaming but I do like having some good surround sound for when playing Call of Duty, and to make the most of the the experience large RPG's such as Skyrim and WoW have to offer.

As far as my requirements:

- good quality sound and surround sound
    - price range, around ~£100, may be willing to pay a little more if its a great set
    - compatible with both PC and XBOX as I alternate between both console and PC to play with different friends
    - durable and well made, the wires and connections on my Beach's seem to break/ wear apart quite easily
    - the games I play are generally FPS, RPG, Driving and Sports (mainly just FIFA).

I would appreciate any help you can offer as I am looking for a good investment that will last me a good 2 years or so.

Also I'm in the UK if that has any relevance.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

bump .......

- - - Updated - - -

bump.............

- - - Updated - - -

bump/...................

I am looking for a good headset myself. I just ordered Asus Orion Pro, will try it out and can come back to you with my opinion of it if you want. If I don't like it I might send it back to get an logitech G35, which was my second choice.

The headset i've been using until now is the Corsair Vengeance 1500. I dont recommend this headset as it only lasted for about 6 months (even though I took good care of it). Before that I had Steelseries Siberia V2 which was a pretty good headset, very comfortable and decent sound. Wasn't happy with the microphone though.

Other headsets that I have checked out and that have gotten good reviews include, Razer Kraken Pro, Razer Tiamat (abit more expensive), Asus Echelon, Logitech G35/G930/G430, CM Storm Sirus. You might want to check them out and see if any of them fit your needs. You probably will not find one that fits all your requirements perfectly, atleast I did not, so you will have to prioritize and hope for the best. For me personally, Asus Orion Pro and Logitech G35 appear to best suit my needs which include good gaming sound, music, movie sound and microphone quality (not perfect, but atleast good in all categories).

Deleted
    i wanted to recommend this: http://www.amazon.com/Speedlink-Medu...eedlink+medusa

but it's quite expansive on amazon.com ... only 30€ on amazon.de ... I'm quite happy with that headset.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kodoku View Post
    These are nice and very reasonably priced.

http://www.amazon.com/Plantronics-Ga...ds=gamecom+777
    For a relatively cheap solution while still being pretty good (for a headset) I agree with this. Here is the UK link:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Plantronics-...ds=gamecom+780

Deleted
    Thanks a lot for the suggestion guys. The Plantronics one looks pretty decent, although from what I can gather from the product description it doesn't seem to be compatible with an XBOX, which is probably one of my top priorities as I play both PC and XBOX and want to be able to use the headset for both.