Deleted

Alysrazor solo question!

Hello,

I've had a few pulls on Alys 10m normal today, and everything is running smooth, except the tornado phase. I'm doing it exactly like this guy:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7j-3ork9cM

at 3:27 he jumps out of the boss area an pops survival cds to survive the damage.

I do: 2x deterrence (both glyphed so +20% dmg reduction more), 2x exhilaration + health pot. (He does basically the same except he uses healthstone, not potion) But there's no way I can survive that damage like he did! It hits me like at least twice as much hard, my hp's getting pretty fast down even though I have deterrence on. I'm dead about in halfway tornados. He's buffed, but still I have more hp then he does.

Do you guys think it's better to use stam flask + stam food? Or has anyone experienced this strat?

Thank you

Oh and I don't know if it helps, but Alys's about 40-30% hp when the tornado phase starts.
    Last edited by mmoc43008dbbf2; 2013-07-16 at 11:32 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Theres a couple questions in order to know bout your strat- first, about what %age are you getting the boss to before first tornadoes? If <20%, just dodge tornadoes to the best f your ability and kill Alysrazor. If <50%, you can probably take out the 2 birds quickly when they first spawn, and then go back to boss- you should be able to get her down before the second tornadoes by pure flying, and having no birds out during the tornadoe phase allows you to both get significantly more dps on her, and is far more easily survivable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Deleted
    Thanks for your answer

As I said above she's about 40-30%. I just tried to use stam flask, stam food + stam leg and bracer enchants, got stam buff pet and I'd be able to survive this time, but somehow these hatchlings came through the fire wall and killed me, I don't know why that happened, it didn't on previous tries.

Tried the strat that suggests to kill the small birds and the continue on Alys, but they usually 2-3 shot me.

EDIT: finally managed to do it, finally found tactics that suits me. Ty anyway.
    Last edited by mmoc43008dbbf2; 2013-07-17 at 01:46 AM.

I've found doing this really requires being able to kill Alys before, or during the tornado phase, as the hatch lings will likely rape you straight after...

They cant fly, yet :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Devboy View Post
    I've found doing this really requires being able to kill Alys before, or during the tornado phase, as the hatch lings will likely rape you straight after...
    yup, but for some reason in the vid they stay just inside, and the guy can heal himself with no problem.

Deleted
    Deterrence no longer stops damage from the harsh winds when you go outside the boss area. Same with ice block & divine shield.
    Easiest is to just kill off the birds when they first spawn. As marksmanship (for haste profit while flying+self heals+most instant damage), use exhilaration, powershot and deterrence combined with readiness for the most damage & healing. The draenei heal racial should also help. Kiting the birds over the worms should stop a lot of damage. If you still take too much damage you can do it like this as well: Don't damage the boss at all until the birds spawn, so you will have all damage trinkets up for the birds. After that it's just a matter of dpsing the boss and stacking the buff in the air. When the boss reignites, make sure you have your pet out, misdirect to it and feign death. Just ignore the birds in the second air phase, as you should have the dps to get the boss down before the 2nd tornado phase if your ilvl is 490+, and the fight is especially easier with low itemlevel as a draenei with that self-heal.
    Last edited by mmocfe81f2457b; 2013-07-17 at 12:16 PM.