Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    It takes time to refresh i think
    Be feared, or be fuel

Quote Originally Posted by Sanktas View Post
    Damn boy you so retarded, limitation is not 49, it shows more than that.
    Ofc it shows only online people, not all created chars, how the fuck can you even question that?
    Tokas especially, where was a moron like you born, sir? You can never /who on Mazrigos and get capped at 49, never.
    Prime time my ass, Mazrigos currently has 28749 max level characters that killed at least one raid boss.
    Karazhan currently has 941. See the difference?
    Since you're so stupid, i must clarify . this is not the number of people playing, this is just a number of characters.

PS 49 is not the cap.
    http://i.imgur.com/Q8YRVon.jpg
    Protip, if you're gonna be rude, try to atleast be right.
    nicely played, parrot.

my server is considered high pop by blizzard and it's often extremely dead. it's a flaw in their system to count all characters not just active ones. you should check out a server before blindly jumping into something.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokas View Post
    nicely played, parrot.
    I salute thee for good sportmanship.

I don't think one important thing changes with Virtual realms... world bosses. Which is quite important in this expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Seriss View Post
    Just check out wowprogress for indicators as to the livelihood of a server. Karazhan-EU has 7 guilds or so with relatively mediocre progression too.

I really think that all those population-counter websites aren't needed. Just check wowprogress and you'll see what's going on on a server. The more raids you see there, the better their progression is, the more people the server has.
    You also need to look at guildox to see what guilds are still active. Of those 7 guilds on Karazhan,
    1 xfrd off
    2 quit in March
    1 quit in May
    2 killed a boss in June
    and only 1 has killed a boss in the last month

http://www.guildox.com/go/g.aspx?a=1&r=Karazhan-EU
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven?

Quote Originally Posted by Monoxyde View Post
    my server is considered high pop by blizzard and it's often extremely dead. it's a flaw in their system to count all characters not just active ones. you should check out a server before blindly jumping into something.
    wasn't, I was there since TBC, then it was fine.

Deleted
    By the way, with this searching tool you never get more than 25 people.

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    The display cap was increased from 49 to 50 in patch 5.3.

And those 25 people listed in /who are NOT the only people online. /who does not always show anywhere near the true amount of people. I've done that on one of the highest pop servers in the EU and gotten similar results.
    well that ONE person doesn't really change much.
    if you just /who in the middle of nowhere, and don't delete level "5-9" for example, it just shows you players in your zone and that level range, you must delete everything for /who to show server wide stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    The server blades themselves, aren't that expensive to keep maintained, it's more the overall bug hunting and hotfixing. Blizzard has explained multiple times, that if merging was the easiest way, they would. But sadly, it's not the easiest way. Blizzard is taking into calculation for people not wanting to lose their character names (due to the name already being on other servers) or guild names (due to the name already being on other servers). It's not that easy to just throw people to other servers, nor merging them. There's also a portion of people whom dislike being on servers above medium.
    If merging is as difficult as you say then why did they merge servers in Taiwan, Korea and China?

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    If merging is as difficult as you say then why did they merge servers in Taiwan, Korea and China?
    Well you can't see China since that's Netease, but Korea and Taiwan basically died.
    http://www.guildox.com/go/g.aspx?a=11&w=KR
    http://www.guildox.com/go/g.aspx?a=11&w=TW

Maybe it has something to do with CRZ. It may be incorrectly increasing the realms population count. I have a couple toons on low pop servers which experienced a mass exodus in the last few months which show from Medium to High and there is no way that is the case. Based on AH alone, being able to scan everything in there in a few minutes (not a great indicator) never bodes well. On a truly High Server I have other toons on, it normally takes me 15-20 minutes to update, I do this at least once a week on Thursdays between 6-7 pm (right before weekend so I can make the most bang for the buck). So it could be a glitch.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Galaddriel View Post
    Well you can't see China since that's Netease, but Korea and Taiwan basically died.
    Wow, that is crazy. Besides some of the normal things we experience here, was there some reason that such a mass exodus occured?

10+ Year Old Account
    Because, unlike the rest of us, they didn't complain and agreed for such. If this were to happen in the US/EU, there would instantly be hundreds of hate threads about people not liking to rename char/guild.

And, isn't there something with those regions that their writing changes quite a bit depending on what region you are in? I don't know.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

It is interesting to note just how much the "Kung-Fu Panda/Pokemon/Asian theme" development paradigm failed to affect/reach its target market (prime target audience).
    Veteran vanilla player - I was 31 back in 2005 when I started playing WoW - Nostalrius raider with a top raid guild.

Wow! I knew it was bad in Taiwan and Korea but not quite that bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Because, unlike the rest of us, they didn't complain and agreed for such. If this were to happen in the US/EU, there would instantly be hundreds of hate threads about people not liking to rename char/guild.

And, isn't there something with those regions that their writing changes quite a bit depending on what region you are in? I don't know.
    Do you have any evidence to back up these claims? Why would Blizzard be bothered about "hundreds of hate threads" they have managed to ignore every single complaint about low and unbalanced populations for a number of years. From the what I have read the majority of people who are actually affected by low populations would willingly give up their names if it meant being able to play the game with others as intended.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sturmbringe View Post
    It is interesting to note just how much the "Kung-Fu Panda/Pokemon/Asian theme" development paradigm failed to affect/reach its target market (prime target audience).
    I do not believe that Asia was ever the target audience of MOP it makes no sense to spend time and money developing an expansion that is solely geared towards consumers that Blizzard receive roughly eight times less in income from. To put it in perspective if US/EU WOW lost 500k players they would have to attract 4 million Chinese players to cover the loss in income and this is assuming that contract they have with Netease is not for a flat royalty payment.

Quote Originally Posted by Fedelesa View Post
    Wow, that is crazy. Besides some of the normal things we experience here, was there some reason that such a mass exodus occured?

Competition, pandas, D3 fiasco...

The same scenario has already started to unfold on the EU and NA realms with players piling on the top few realms. Keep an eye on KR and TW to see how it will play out in the west.

I know not everyone wants to do a 25 man but it's hard to believe that a entire server does not want to do so. If a server does not have a single 25 man guild on it, I would assume there is a serious population problem on that server. At this point in time using the metric of having a single guild on a server kill a single boss, your looking at over 25 percent North American servers not being able to reach that. Those servers should be shut down imo and those people playing on them a free server transfer to there choice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow! I knew it was bad in Taiwan and Korea but not quite that bad.

Do you have any evidence to back up these claims? Why would Blizzard be bothered about "hundreds of hate threads" they have managed to ignore every single complaint about low and unbalanced populations for a number of years. From the what I have read the majority of people who are actually affected by low populations would willingly give up their names if it meant being able to play the game with others as intended.

- - - Updated - - -

I do not believe that Asia was ever the target audience of MOP it makes no sense to spend time and money developing an expansion that is solely geared towards consumers that Blizzard receive roughly eight times less in income from. To put it in perspective if US/EU WOW lost 500k players they would have to attract 4 million Chinese players to cover the loss in income and this is assuming that contract they have with Netease is not for a flat royalty payment.
    No one has proof if they would be bothered by hate or not. And no, I really can't be bothered going through all the blue threads to just find that one. But it's been explained before, that merging wasn't the right solution. That is how Cross-Realm-Zones were formed first, and then they proceeded to develop Virtual Realms. (Which I myself, find to be a good solution. All can keep their names, and be among the crowd. Though, none of us know what servers will be VR'd together until a FAQ is released).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Robert3620 View Post
    I know not everyone wants to do a 25 man but it's hard to believe that a entire server does not want to do so. If a server does not have a single 25 man guild on it, I would assume there is a serious population problem on that server. At this point in time using the metric of having a single guild on a server kill a single boss, your looking at over 25 percent North American servers not being able to reach that. Those servers should be shut down imo and those people playing on them a free server transfer to there choice.
    Well, seen some High populated servers that has tons of 10 mans, but like, max 2 25mans. I think it's because it takes more planning and management to actually get 24 other people to appear the same day/time.

In the end, 10man has just become more popular than 25 mans, lately.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

I did a /who Ironforge and it said 9 people found, and when i count them i get tired and stop at 89 but probably over 120 easy so it don´t seem to show everyone

Not sure how to say this.. But if you do a /Who its shows Max 49 players.

if it shows 20 on Horde side = 20 online from that server.. but blizzard made alot of X-realm Zones. where players from diffents realms would be in and the server can therefor go from Low to medium

If you do the /who it only shows players from your Server and not the others there might be in your Zone..

How ever this still makes /2 and AH DEAD.. as the players from other servers can´t use your /2 or AH.

you never see 20 Green Leaf tea 25gold Name - (Outland H) on lets say Stormreaver AH.