Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Blizzard little liar?

So today I logged in to WoW, wanted to change realm from my current high pop to old one low pop, and I was amazed that it was actually Medium, not Low!
    BUT:

WTF? 25 people is now considered Medium?

That are not all the players on the server. That are only 25 of the players on the server.
    Samin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashrana View Post
    So, what would be your reaction, if you found out, that come cata release first patch, blizzard were planning to kill everyone by sending a bear through the mail?

15+ Year Old Account
    Who only shows your faction.. Perhaps the lionshare of the population are the opposite faction?

This is actually Blizzard's intent.

They realized that it's very hard to get people to move to dead servers, so they are pointing transfers to medium servers instead. Virtual Realms should solve the problem of dead servers without the need for transfers.
    Roleplaying, hardcore Raiding, running LFR on the occasional weekend, PvPing, rolling alts, achievement hunting, pet battling, or just enacting an endless series of whims, I don't care how you play WoW. Just as long as you have fun doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Trollhammer View Post
    Who only shows your faction.. Perhaps the lionshare of the population are the opposite faction?
    though definitely not accurate, both warcraftrealms (which doesn't have enough reporters) and realmpop show a horde bias. While warcraftrealms shows only 85 players; realmpop shows 3100 90s, nearly 75% horde.

This may be a way to try and subliminally influence you ... 'it doesn't say my realm is low pop, must be ok'. I have (had) toons on both a high pop realm (stormrage) and a low pop realm (durotan). Durotan always said medium to high; but it definitely wasn't. You can tell when you are on a full server. Not just chat is jumping, but so are the cities and the zones. Durotan was a ghost town in comparison to Stormrage. The 'status' of your realm can be set to any parameters they want. low could literally be 2 people if they wanted it to be.

CRZ was the first step at the 'appearance' of more people; hell, it was probably the testing grounds for Virtual Realms. So, I suppose just be patient if the pop bothers you (which it doesn't seem to be the problem, the questionable realm status seems to be the issue for the OP).

10+ Year Old Account
    it might be considered a white lie.

your not factoring in people on the other faction & at what time you did the /who. dead of night? not prime time for the server e.g.
    Hi

I did this at 12:00 day time, today, and this realm is Horde mostly. (as I am)
    I tried doing it yesterday about 11:30 in the evening /who Shaman, I was the only one
    One monk... couple mages... and I don't think I tried anything else yesterday.
    Trade chat is also insanely quiet. You can literally type something, go afk, come back and there's nothing else in the chat still.
    One guy on official forums was looking for 4 people to sign guild charter... because it's like half server's population!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Samin View Post
    That are not all the players on the server. That are only 25 of the players on the server.
    Man... I just don't know how to reply to something like this without getting banned.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Trollhammer View Post
    Nope.
    /10char
    Last edited by Tokas; 2013-07-17 at 10:26 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Doesn't the "population" tab give you an estimate based on how many characters are on the server and not just how many are online?

It has been like that since i started playing back in 2008...only shows certain amount of people, never all.

Quote Originally Posted by Tokas View Post
    So today I logged in to WoW, wanted to change realm from my current high pop to old one low pop, and I was amazed that it was actually Medium, not Low!
    BUT:

because the stupid system has limitations for fuck sake, I can do /who on Silvermoon which is considered FULL and still only get 25-49 people, it's limited also..you did it during the day at 12:00? really? do it during prime time ffs next time and see if you get the same shit.

mods just lock this damn thread before it gets out of hand..

10+ Year Old Account
    today logged on my server there was 49 people online and my realm population is always marked HIGH so i unsubbed, yolo420swaglolqt
    I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is back on the scene! I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is my name, and fuckin' up motherfuckers is my game!

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Besides from showing only your faction, this shows merely a fraction of people online, I highly doubt there were only 25 people online x)

Quote Originally Posted by Kharli View Post
    because the stupid system has limitations for fuck sake, I can do /who on Silvermoon which is considered FULL and still only get 25-49 people, it's limited also..you did it during the day at 12:00? really? do it during prime time ffs next time and see if you get the same shit.

mods just lock this damn thread before it gets out of hand..
    The only limitation is that it caps at 49.

If you do /who and the number is lower than 49, then it means that it is showing every single person currently online on your faction, with none hidden.

Damn some of you guys are retarded, limitation is 49, it never shows any more.
    Ofc it shows only online people, not all created characters, how the fuck can this even be a question?
    Kharli especially, where are such morons born sir? You can never /who on Silvermoon and get anything below 49, never.
    Prime time my ass, Silvermoon currently has 28749 max level characters that killed at least one raid boss.
    Karazhan currently has 941. See the difference?
    Since you're so stupid, I must clarify - this is not the number of people playing, this is just a number of characters.
    Last edited by Tokas; 2013-07-17 at 10:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kobzol View Post
    Besides from showing only your faction, this shows merely a fraction of people online, I highly doubt there were only 25 people online x)
    Nope. There are actually servers in this dire state. It's not arbitrarily hiding players. That's everybody that is online on his faction.

Quote Originally Posted by Kobzol View Post
    It shows every single online person if it's below 49, if the list just shows 49 then it's either 49 people online or more.

well it was 11am where the server is located when you posted this. im guessing that most players would be at work or otherwise occupied in the mornings on a weekday.

Quote Originally Posted by nolliepop View Post
    well it was 11am where the server is located when you posted this. im guessing that most players would be at work or otherwise occupied in the mornings on a weekday.
    I will try this at weekend just for lols.
    Sure there will be more, but this doesn't change the fact that this server is DEAD and Blizzard is showing us Medium... like yeah really, medium.
    One more fun fact - there's currently ONE server that's low, the rest are Medium/High/Full. What the fuck is this insane shit.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokas View Post
    BUT:

Consider this. If only 25 people were playing on a server Blizzard would get 13*25 € at most a month. What do you think the odds are that that would be sustainable?

I think the best example of 'dying realms' is a realm like Warsong or Tortheldrin. These servers are literally beyond dead.

Taken a few minutes ago:

I know it's early in the States, but that's not a lot of people to be on the entire server.
    Last edited by CosmicGuitars; 2013-07-17 at 11:05 AM.