Thread: "Hal.DLL" BSOD

"Hal.DLL" BSOD

Hello MMO-Champions!

So i had a Blue Screen last night, and according to "Blue Screen Viewer" it was caused by Hal.Dll. Since i always want to fix problems asap they appear, i am looking for help to fix this problem.

It happend when i was playing "Dust: An Elysan Tail", Right as i dealt the final blow to a boss, if it matters. The computer froze for ~30 sec and then went into blue screen.

I'm attaching a Link to download the Minidump aswell.

Thanks in advance!

http://www.mediafire.com/?ji4wk1x8viyv4x9

Deleted
    Hal is usually some kind of hardware failure, could you nudge up the voltage a bit on your RAM and CPU? I'd try the RAM first, as that's the main culprit, if they are undervolted. You can use CPU-Z to figure out what RAM sticks you have if you don't already know, and google what the recommended voltage is for them.

Sorry, I can not help you with this problem..
    But I wanted to say thanks to you.. You just made me remember I bought Dust a few days ago, and I still haven't even installed it. Could have played it while I've been farming Poseidus for the last 2 days
    "Everything always changes. The best plan lasts until the first arrow leaves the bow." - Matrim Cauthon

The computer is not overclocked at all, so shouldn't the voltages be on the recommended stage already?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zabuko View Post
    The computer is not overclocked at all, so shouldn't the voltages be on the recommended stage already?
    No, even with default clocks it could be undervolted.

10+ Year Old Account
    Are you running WinXP or Vista? I haven't seen a HAL.DLL error in ages. It -might- need an OS repair.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

I am running Windows 7 x64. And i've been trying to look around for the recommended voltages for the CPU and Memory, But i am probably to dumb.

My CPU is the famous i5 3570k (Ivy Bridge), and my RAM is Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz 8GB stick.

According to CPU-Z, My CPU is at 1.1 - 1.2 V with ~4.2ghz. I believe the motherboard is doing some auto OC, cause the CPU is at 3.4ghz stock.
    What goes for my RAM, is that i don't see "Much" stats in CPU-Z under Memory. Ill attach a picture of both the tabs.

10+ Year Old Account
    The computer is not overclocked at al
    According to CPU-Z, My CPU is at 1.1 - 1.2 V with ~4.2ghz.
    Yeahhhh... Your system is definitely overclocked. Probably your best bet is to just reset BIOS to default first, and then go about fine tuning. Your system will perform a bit slower, since you'll be going from 4.2ghz to 3.4-3.6. But once you get the issue sorted out, you can probably get it back to 4.2-4.4 without much issue.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

I haven't seen a blue screen error since windows 98, good luck with that

Deleted
    Why is your RAM single channel? do you only have 1 stick?

Ye, i only have 1 Memory Stick.

Ye, i only have 1 Memory Stick.
    It just means that your chip's overclock isnt stable. No wonder automatic overclocks. Just load the default settings and reboot, should be fixed.

I'm afraid I can't let you do that, Dave.