Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Quilzar View Post
    I have had 5...

(I was the one who stayed healing).

People wondered why I went on a massive rant about it..
    "/i these healers (list them) are all AFK, help kick them please"
    > link healing done

People might like to get dragged through content, but they hate having to do it for somebody else. They'll kick them 9 times out of 10.

Quote Originally Posted by krethos View Post
    That's an opinion. I really wish people would learn what the definition of trolling is before using it wrong. Frustrates me to no end.
    The same frustration the OP has when people say "Lol why you complain boss died faster?" The guys complaining as 5 douches just respec'd and left him to do the healing job solo. Manners do not cost anything but it appears people just don't bother using them in LFR sometimes.

Personally I don't mind people respeccing if it helps the raid but at least ask about it.

I had a healer in heroics say "Lol tank do you need me?" when I was killing every boss and doing multi trash pulls and taking very little damage (I blow all cds while pulling loads of trash to clear it fast and ensure I don't get low) told him if hes ok go DPS as long as the other party members don't die im ok with it.

Same thing in LFR once caught a druid going cat form when we were struggling healing wise. Named him and he got booted fast. If people acted less douches. A poster on this very thread was bragging about how they do LFr while AFK as to not hinder his own guildies. Thats great for them but its a bit of a annoying to people in LFR especially people in the queue waiting to get in to do the content they deserve their spot in the raid more than this person.

Quote Originally Posted by Nivis View Post
    You mean, like your attitude when playing with others frustrates them?
    Yes, indeed.
    Bow down before our new furry overlords!

As a warlock, mage, hunter, rogue, who waits in 30 minute queue's and cant pull this crap with lfr all I have to say is, scum bag healers.

If I go LFR I know I can solo heal basicly any boss. Why WOULDN'T I want the other healers to go DPS so that we'd kill stuff faster?

Nah i like this auto kick feature suggestion. Those healers that respec, should just queue as dps, not only that, but blizz have put the system in where you can choose what loot to receive, they only queue as healers to get a quicker queue. There are actual healers that would still like a spot in LFR and its these selfish people that prevent them from gearing up, if you are gonna dps, then queue as dps.
    I hate having to work my ass off in LFR due to slackers and people that change spec, i always just let them wipe if people are not pulling their weight

Quote Originally Posted by Navitas View Post
    Blizz should make your spec auto change to whatever you que'd as and then disable the ability to change inside LFR.
    I'd say only lock it for healers and tanks.

There have been plenty of times we've needed DPS to switch to tanking or healing for one reason or another. Usually standing around waiting for a new tank to appear or the healers aren't strong enough and someone that queued as both got sent in as DPS when the group formed.

Most of the people who are okay with this are actually healers. We know why they do it, they want to dps a boss and weather it's spectacular dps that makes you want to cry out with joy, or their pulling less than a warlocks pet it sucks that they bypass the lfr dps queue that the pure dps spend a long time in. It's just a convenient way to cheat the system for them.

Quote Originally Posted by krethos View Post
    That's an opinion. I really wish people would learn what the definition of trolling is before using it wrong. Frustrates me to no end.
    That's an assumption. which is even worse and certainly more frustrating

Quote Originally Posted by ThrashMetalFtw View Post
    The pre-WotLK Mind Flay animation. 2nd biggest reason for rolling a Priest, biggest obviously being Shadowform. Anyone who uses Glyph of Shadow should reroll Hunter, filthy blasphemers.

Quote Originally Posted by Binki View Post
    No, just no.

Very often dps need to change to tanking or healing to help out raid when we are waiting for tank/healer. When I'm queueing on my DK as dps I switch to tanking in 1 out of 3 runs. With your suggestion raid would have to wait another 20 minutes for that last tank to join. Do you really want that to happen?
    I've run LFR pretty much every week and I've seen a DPS change spec to tank twice. As Shauni said, make it so people can change spec but a number (10 sounded good) have to agree (like vote kicking).

Perfect.

I've run LFR pretty much every week and I've seen a DPS change spec to tank twice. As Shauni said, make it so people can change spec but a number (10 sounded good) have to agree (like vote kicking).

Perfect.
    I really like that idea as well. it solves a lot of problems. and besides if you que as healer and want dps gear just change your loot prio in the mean time just heal like you should.

Quote Originally Posted by ThrashMetalFtw View Post
    The pre-WotLK Mind Flay animation. 2nd biggest reason for rolling a Priest, biggest obviously being Shadowform. Anyone who uses Glyph of Shadow should reroll Hunter, filthy blasphemers.

Deleted
    So, it's not okay to get a queue boost from a healer but it's okay to queue as healer and then just do whatever you want, once inside. That makes sense yes.

They should lock your role, when you zone inside. Whether or not the boss died isn't the point imo. The point is, that people will queue boost themselves by queuing as healer, while they have no healer gear and no intention of healing. If the other type of queue boosting was bad for the LFR queue (prolonging the queue for people not able to heal), then this is too.

Cause essentially any hybrid can queue as healer and jump the line. On top of that, it's luck that the group didn't wipe. What if the OP had been crap geared and the raid wiped. If you were in that raid and wiped cause all but 1 healer went dps, I'm sure you'd get annoyed as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Half in shadow, half in light and all in the fire.
    There is nothing to heal if you have a couple of good healers with a pulse.
    Particularly if they are an absorb class.
    So I could go shadow and actually help the group or I could just stand there waiting for some damage....why wouldn't I go dps if the other healers are cool with it?
    I swing heal on normal too.

Herald of the Titans Deathgoose's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Meh, there probably is little danger in a DPS freely swapping to either Tank or Healer as the need might arise, especially in the event that a Tank or Healer drops and you want to progress a bit while waiting on the queue to fill in the missing person, and then back again when it is no longer needed. One or two less DPS isn't going to make or break a LFR run.

The annoyance is the jackoffs that queue as Tank/Healer and then want to DPS. I can definitely support the argument to lock you in THOSE roles once you queue.

lfr may be a "faceroll" but honestly that kind of attitude is what really makes for bad raiders. Overall, if you think all the time..."man LFR is super easy.. i bet raids are this mindnumbing," all you are doing is promoting bad behaviour overall for you.

Lfr is a lost cause just go afk as everyone else and do something on your second account, facebook or whatever the fuck. It's really not worth it. Just this weekend I was again in one of those groups with half the healers completely afk and pretty much everything below the top 4 dealing less than 40k dps to the point that 5 were below the undergeared disc who managed 20k dps and dying off slowly during the encounter. I mean really who can honestly claim that this has anything to do with fun.

Quote Originally Posted by cFortyfive View Post
    Lfr is a lost cause just go afk as everyone else and do something on your second account, facebook or whatever the fuck. It's really not worth it.
    Maybe they were doing so little DPS because they kept alt+tabbing to check their facebook or whatever the fuck?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Quilzar View Post
    I have had 5...

(I was the one who stayed healing).

People wondered why I went on a massive rant about it..
    I do too. If your raid succeeds, what's the problem?

If they haven't asked first, they get votekicked.

Blizz should make your spec auto change to whatever you que'd as and then disable the ability to change inside LFR.
    God no. I play my priest as holy dps...it's not my main and I don't care how viable/not viable it is. It's how I play it. I'd have to queue as a healer if I wanted to continue.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elrandir View Post
    My starfall brings all the mobs to the yard.
    Laurellen - Druid Smiteyou - lol holy dps