Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by cityguy193 View Post
    if the LFR population was not so docile, you would be kicked out every single time for being an ass.
    If every healer starts to think like this, then the group would wipe all the time.
    I usually always have a 2nd spec that is heals, and will use it IF needed (which is rarely ever since it is LFR..), I just prefer to do my 150k DPS and carry the shitcunt dps that is usually the 99 percentile of LFR.

Win-Win for me, I get a Fast Queue, and they get Faster boss kills.
    Bow down before our new furry overlords!

Sometimes you don't need every healer to be healing. Like if you have overgeared players. The min ilvl is 480, and some people are 545+ilvl. Let some people dps, if healing power isn't strong enough, so you wipe, then purge. Usually the problem in lfr is agonizingly low dps and mechanics failure-gibs though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pitkanen View Post
    Usually the problem in lfr is agonizingly low dps and mechanics failure-gibs though.
    This haha. Did a LFR on my tank yesterday. Me and another dps (who was not even that great, he was pulling 130k~ dps) was doing 25% of the entire raids damage. The entire raid was floating around 30-60k dps with the exception of us two, and most of them also managed to die during fight, it was just abysmal. Imagine a LFR where people pulled their weight in dps.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    This haha. Did a LFR on my tank yesterday. Me and another dps (who was not even that great, he was pulling 130k~ dps) was doing 25% of the entire raids damage. The entire raid was floating around 30-60k dps with the exception of us two, and most of them also managed to die during fight, it was just abysmal. Imagine a LFR where people pulled their weight in dps.
    It would be as if some kind of.. Raid?
    Bow down before our new furry overlords!

In principle, i'd agree with an auto-kick if you weren't the proper role, but in reality I wouldn't like it.

I generally only do LFRs as a DPS these days just because I rarely get the chance to DPS raids and I enjoy it. On occasion one of the tanks will leave and we'll end up waiting a while for a new one, so i'll often switch to tank and get the job done myself. In a system that kicked people for being a role they didn't originally queue for, that wouldn't be possible.

Now I agree all healers speccing DPS is a dick move, I actually have it worse than you do because one of our two healers in actual raids ninja specs DPS a lot before a boss pull and the other healer has to end up solo healing TOT raid bosses.

And honestly, even if such a system were in place, those guys are dickless douchebags. Dickless douchebags would simply not heal and spam wrath/smite/crusader strike/whatever to do dps as a healer even if it would be total shit and still not contribute to the raid in healing. It wouldn't really solve anything.

Bottom line is: You can't fix retarded people in LFR. Artificial, restricting limitations you try to add in order to do it will just bite legit players in the ass while not really helping anyone with the retards.
    I like ponies and I really don't care what you have to say about that.

15+ Year Old Account
    stop healing, let them wipe. problem will sort out itself.

LFR is meant to be for 25 people who dont have a fucking clue what the hell is going on. that's why there are spots for 6 healers.
    thing is, LFR actually consists about 10 people who have even less fucking clue what to do, 5 people of those group which LFR was meant to be, 5 people who try to beat their bad luck with loot in normal mode and 5 people who are just ridiculously overgeared. those 10 people of the last two species perform probably like 25 people who don't have a damn clue what to do, which is the reason LFR still works somehow. if you managed to 1 heal durumu, congratz, that's you being part of the last group.

honestly, I would make lfr like challenge mode. you get 502 gear. every item over 502 will be downscaled to 502. after that, the average gearscore is calculated. if you are still over 480, every item below 480 will be upscaled. (if you are below 480 after downscaling, you are not allowed to enter). this results in all people being geared somewhere between 480 and 502.

they would just need to tune LFR right from the beginning, so that a group of 25 people with an average score of EXACTLY 480 and NO SKILL WHATSOEVER can clear LFR.
    then LFR would be in the place it is supposed to be.

if that shit would be too easy for some people, well there is flexi mode then. for everyone else, there is normal raiding, and for the top 5% (if at all), there is heroic mode.

but honestly, LFR is a wreck. you only manage to clear it if there are like 1 proper raid geared and experienced healer and 3-5 proper raid geared dps. funnily enough, tanks don't really matter in LFR....

Quote Originally Posted by Doffy View Post
    Literally just solo healed Durumu in LFR because all the healers respecced during the ready check. I said afterwards about it and everyones attitude was just "they do good dps and we got the boss down, who cares?" I care, I shouldn't be busting my ass in lfr to keep people healed up. LFR is meant to be casual faceroll. I could easily have caused a full on wipe and there attitude would be entirely different. It sickens me people do this and that they get away with it. Would you like an auto kick feature?
    there isn't enough damage to warrant but 1 or 2 healers anyway. priests/druids/pallies have the whole smartheals advantage and will do most of the healing whether they're geared or not, smart heals hit before regular heals do even if they're cast at the same time

Quote Originally Posted by krethos View Post
    I usually always have a 2nd spec that is heals, and will use it IF needed (which is rarely ever since it is LFR..), I just prefer to do my 150k DPS and carry the shitcunt dps that is usually the 99 percentile of LFR.
    Usually this is the case. 60k dps guarantees top 7-8 dps spot in LFR on damage meters. And being a healer insanely boring anyway, since the raid was designed for 2 healers, not 6.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    Imagine a LFR where people pulled their weight in dps.
    A few months ago I discovered www.openraid.us, where people make pugs. There were couple of LFR pugs, which had requirements of ventrilo, flask and food buffs. Guess what: we cleared all 4 wings in a time it usually takes 1 average group clear one wing.
    Intel Core i5 2500k @ 4.7GHz | MSI GTX 980 Gaming 4G x2 in SLI | ASRock Extreme3 Gen3 Motherboard
    8 GB of Kingston HyperX DDR3 | Western Digital Caviar Green 1 TB | Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB
    2x Samsung 840 Pro 128 GB + Corsair Force 3 120 GB SSDs (three-way raid 0)
    Cooler Master HAF 912 plus case | Corsair AX1200 power supply | Thermaltake NiC C5 Untouchable CPU cooler
    Asus PG278Q ROG SWIFT (1440p @ 144 Hz, GSync + 3D vision)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kraineth View Post
    No, auto-kick would be the beggining of a bad road. Honestly just needs to lock your spec/role as the one you queued as. So priests that go as healer can be disc/holy and druids that go as dps can be feral/boomkin and so on. Overall, i believe most people are hoping that Flex raiding goes well and replaces LFR.
    Flex-raiding is solely for friends and similar although, so you wont be seeing any of the retards not fulfilling their roles like you always do in LFR.

Did you make them aware that they can set their spec to healz but their loot rolls to dps?

Literally just solo healed Durumu in LFR
    You don't need more healers than man, you the best!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebinnaattori View Post
    50% of top dps in LFR with when played correctly aint that much. 100-150k depending on fights and classes ofc
    But you get the point, right?
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

I switch to dps from healing in LFR every now and then simply because all it takes is 1 heroic geared healer to carry an entire group of healers. so if my ilvl is 540 and so is the other healers, I'll usually go dps because one of us is going to snipe every insignificant amount of damage going out.

But I'm guessing that you meant random people who queue as healers and don't have any intent on healing they just want a fast queue, in which case no. Maybe give them a timer, since some people respec inside. Some people will also 'pretend' to heal in LFR a lot (just like DPS pretend to DPS, or people purposely die to afk

Deleted
    Literally just solo healed Durumu in LFR because all the healers respecced during the ready check.
    Is that a bad thing? I'd be happy to solo heal LFR's, because otherwise I have nothing to do, I'd just sit there using wild growth every few seconds and the raid would be full. There is almost no damage in LFR on any boss, Even Lei Shen can be 2 man healed, when the raid has 6 healers? So how exactly is it a bad thing if a few of them switch to DPS to save time by killing the boss faster. Logic man. Use logic.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Now are you absolutely sure they went dps spec....or were they all just Disc Priests who can do quite good dps while still healing? Just because they showed up on the dps charts doesnt mean they werent healing. One time in LFR on my Disc priest I was #1 heals done AND #8 in damage done on the same fight (Durumu also btw).

I admit, sometimes on my priest I q as healer in shadow spec. 80% of the time no one cares because bosses are dying, the other 20% i usually change to disc after we've wiped at least once.

I dont see the issue, if you wipe and they refuse to respec back then kick but why force all to be in heal spec just because they signed as it? Personaly I find 6 healers overkill even with 6 shitty ones on most fights. DPS signing as healer usually mean lower queue time for all and faster boss kills.

Personaly I love when the 2nd tank goes dps so I can solo tank LFR as it bloody boring to tank switch when there is absolutely no need on majority of fights..

Deleted
    I'd suggest next time calling them out in public if you don't feel like solo-healing. Or putting out a warning to everyone that if people die it's because Notrealhealz, InohealU, etc. change speced to dps and if you catch it before the start of the fight perhaps the group will be smart enough to pressure those into changing back to healing spec, but that's assuming it's w/ an intelligent crowd...nm, LFR.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunius View Post
    Usually this is the case. 60k dps guarantees top 7-8 dps spot in LFR on damage meters.
    And in the first LFR wings, often top 5

Quote Originally Posted by Sunius View Post
    And being a healer insanely boring anyway, since the raid was designed for 2 healers, not 6.
    only if people do the fight right. There are plenty of derp healers in LFR, and lots of people who don't follow encounter mechanics, especially in the pre-ToT LFR wings. My 474 healer busts her ass through half of the raid not standing in the bubbles for Vizier, nobody knowing the dance on Will, Garalon crushing every 15 sec or so, an empty sunbeam on Tsulong, etc. And my co-healers include a druid that seems to tranq when there isn't any damage coming out, a pally with mostly ret gear, and someone who is DPS and wanted a fast queue.

Although LFR Sha of Fear is really freaking dull.