Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrannica View Post
    This is, in no way an excution to not make the heirlooms crossrealm, its a request that is there since they exist. The mount managment just is an example. Do you work for Blizzard, or why do you defend this so hard? Like talking to a propaganda machine. This is really annoying, dude.

btw, i have on 3 different servers all the heirlooms, just you know where i am coming from. Your turn.
    I don't even need to care about how many looms you have, nor on what servers. (if we were to compare, I have 7 servers with all looms on).

And no, there's no propaganda, don't worry. You can keep your tin foil hat on. But really, you can't manage heirlooms like the mounts after how you want it. There's possibilities as a previous poster said in having an extraction idea. But having the item just for free use no matter how many times you use it, would in my head, no be an option. You start with what you have 2 chests, 3 weapons trinkets or what you may have as the avarage player. When your list reaches 0 items, you need to return them before you can take them for other characters.

The game would be too lazy if you just had to pay 2275 JP and then you have the heirloom where ever you want and free use, that's too automated. I know it's been a request, and Blizzard has said every year that they have been working on different ideas. - and the latest datamine seems to be an idea that is a bit more successful than the others, seeing as it's made to be part of PTR coding.

And, I don't really defend Blizzard as much as you think. I more defend the playstyle. If it stood to me, the game should be harder than it currently is. It is already too easy as it is, would be easier if you only had to unlock to use the heirlooms - manage your heirlooms, keep control of them and send them to the different characters that need them. (Be it with mailbox or the extraction idea, really).

But, I don't wish for people to just think that they have it at unlimited amounts just because they unlocked it. That's how the mount system works. And the pet system as it was used in a previous example, where you extract the heirloom from the list (aka. cage the pet) is a better idea then, as you still have a maximum of items.

But for now, 5.4. seems to bring future crossrealm mailsystem - so lets hope they make it work.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

All they gotta do is have a vendor thats account wide that you can exchange your heirlooms in and they will always be up for sale. Put em in each starting zone, done.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by coldrain View Post
    I assumed everyone would think the heirloom system would be like this had they any experience with the pet journal. the game remembers what we have and don't have. when you're done with a heirloom on one character they could make it exactly like put in cage. the ability to dupe them would not exist

character hits 80-85. cage heirloom. next character use heirloom, repeated forever

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

You might wish to scroll through the thread? It's already datamined that they are working on crossrealm mail via the new Virtual Realm system.
    I still don't feel crossrealm mailing would be needed at all had they had a system for boas in place. crossrealm mailing would allow us to mail anyone on any realm or just send stuff to ourselves? i doubt theyll allow mailing to other people, when you cannot trade items to people you are grouped with from other servers except conjured/mage food[/QUOTE]

But, Virtual Realms will allow you to trade anything to anyone as long as their in the virtual merge. You can even join same arena team, guild or use same auction house. I find this to be a very good solution to dead realms, and crossrealm mailing system. I mean, if you join same guild, then you should be able to mail each other - else that mail perk is a little useless if you have multiple VR members.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Alienshroom View Post
    All they gotta do is have a vendor thats account wide that you can exchange your heirlooms in and they will always be up for sale. Put em in each starting zone, done.
    yes and that vendor could have everything grey'd/redded out that you do not have access to, just like armor your class cannot use/buy

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alienshroom View Post
    Actually, someone pointed this idea out earlier. It's a good idea. So you would need to hand in your looms to a vendor like this to have them unlock to new characters where they now may be.

Would be a good idea.

Gehco are the VR groups realms from the battlegroup we're in? the reason I ask is that most times I've transfered servers I made it a point to go somewhere on a different battlegroup. only being able to mail those in my current battlegroup is not an interest of mine

Blizzard has stated that they want make you actually able to send heirlooms cross-server, and not just implement a quick and dirty, half-assed solution that kind of sort of works purely for the sake of doing so.

Even if the technology was there and Blizzard could release such a system, it doesnt mean that it is within Blizzards "artistic" standard or works the way the developers want the system to be like for the customer. A lot of things end up getting delayed until Blizzard can find out a more elegant solution. Kind of like bag space for example.

And that's not just for pvp reasons. they are certain battlegroups where you constantly get grouped with people from servers with known trouble makers that spend the entire dungeon/raid trolling/griefing their party members

10+ Year Old Account
    Gehco are the VR groups realms from the battlegroup we're in? the reason I ask is that most times I've transfered servers I made it a point to go somewhere on a different battlegroup. only being able to mail those in my current battlegroup is not an interest of mine
    That we aren't sure about. They said they would complete a Virtual Realm FAQ soon, with all the facts that people might ask. If I think, it might be 1-2 Battlegroups. But we don't know yet. Else, I'll gladly move some looms so I cover 2-3 VR's.

But sorry to be unable to answer the question. All we've been told is that you can join same arena team, use same Auction House, join same guild, same raids, be in the same city and trade to each other - and after the datamine that got highlighted, soon, maybe mail to each other.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    Blizzard has stated that they want make you actually able to send heirlooms cross-server, and not just implement a quick and dirty, half-assed solution that kind of sort of works purely for the sake of doing so.
    Indeed, as I stated, they wanted players to handle their management of items.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by nekobaka View Post
    Even if the technology was there and Blizzard could release such a system, it doesnt mean that it is within Blizzards "artistic" standard or works the way the developers want the system to be like for the customer. A lot of things end up getting delayed until Blizzard can find out a more elegant solution. Kind of like bag space for example.
    As stated before, it's been data mined that the system is there, question is more if it works. Currently it's a mail system.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    I can understand your view, but again, I disagree that a player should have free access on all characters just because you bought the heirloom once.
    That's all fine and dandy, I only have one question:
    "Why are they called bind on account?" (and not bind on server)

I'm serious, not trying to be snarky.

It seems to me the intent is exactly to have use of them on your account.
    (meaning any of the 50 characters you can create on your account if eligible for that armor class) after unlocking once.

10+ Year Old Account
    And that's not just for pvp reasons. they are certain battlegroups where you constantly get grouped with people from servers with known trouble makers that spend the entire dungeon/raid trolling/griefing their party members
    We sadly all have that. Currently my problem is with the portugese and the french servers (I'm not a racist), where people refuse to communicate on english, and even at points preasure people to either talk their language or leave.

And there's always black sheep.. Sadly we don't have player phasing *smiles*
    Last edited by Lochton; 2013-07-17 at 08:33 PM.

Deleted
    They should make the items achievement awards, that way it will go cross realm without any hassle. God knows why it's taking them years to sort something so simple out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drii View Post

(meaning any of the 50 characters you can create on your account if eligible for that armor class) after unlocking once.
    At start, they were made as bind on account. 1 account branched out to different servers, but still 1 account on that server (unless you have two, but would still count for 1 account). Back then, there was no function nor idea how to make them appear on other servers wasn't that strong back then. So it stuck with "Bound to Account". And I think we'll be stuck now with "BoA" forever, no matter what they change - we've gotten used to it.

But the "Bound to Account" is made with a short view at first, that your server with 10 characters back then, counted as your account there. You could still move a character with the item to a different server, and it was able there.

Yes, you could imagine that you would be able to use it for all your characters that you have. But when they made the heirlooms, they didn't even have a close step to a cross server system.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Flimsy View Post
    They should make the items achievement awards, that way it will go cross realm without any hassle. God knows why it's taking them years to sort something so simple out.
    Could be good, but still one problem that Blizzard wants people to take into the calculation. You only have the amount you bought, there's no "unlocks". You bought 2 chest heirlooms, and you only have there two (uses at a time (or more heirlooms, depending what you have))

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chingylol View Post
    Believe it or are they just BS'ing? Any computer programmers here think it really is to hard for them to do that?
    Yep. Game designer as well. It IS that hard.

They might look similar to you, and even function similar, but they are very different beasts on a number of layers.

Where you see 5x 16 slot bags in your inventory, blizzard sees 4x 16 slot bags and a starter bag, which has it's own entirely separate code.

These helms are not heirlooms in the same sense, and have an entirely separate chunk of code for them, that has been designed from the ground up to be that way. It is not simple, it is not easy, and screwing up heirlooms is server breaking stuff.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Quote Originally Posted by balir View Post
    THe moment you received your store bought items in your mailbox on all toons, was the moment Blizzard ran out of excuses as far as I'm concerned.
    Agree. I'm not sure why people are even bothering trying to defend Blizzard after this. For items that are supposedly BoA, duplicates shouldn't even be an issue.

As stated before, it's been data mined that the system is there, question is more if it works. Currently it's a mail system.
    Doesnt mean that the current functionality of the mail system for cross realms is something Blizzard likes from a design of end user perspective or at least what Blizzard views as a Blizzard solution. The naming tag system for dealing with users from different realms was considered ugly and unsatisfactory by the developers for realm mergers, but with time Blizzard ended up give us just that with how names will be handled for Virtual Realms. The tabard system has been set back because the developers just dont like how it looks and works despite a keyring being sufficient for the job.

The developers like to put their twist to things and this often means that instead of trying to help alleviate the problems Blizzard will instead spend years before a system gets introduced if at all. This isnt always a bad thing and at times the developers have ended up introducing something which they kind of regret as other factors have changed like duel spec for example. There are some things though that are steps that can be improved upon into a new final system like handling tabards.
    Last edited by nekobaka; 2013-07-17 at 09:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by balir View Post
    THe moment you received your store bought items in your mailbox on all toons, was the moment Blizzard ran out of excuses as far as I'm concerned.
    The difference is you don't buy Heirlooms in the store. That may not make a difference to you, but that certainly affects how things are done in the game.

I don't even need to care about how many looms you have, nor on what servers. (if we were to compare, I have 7 servers with all looms on).

And no, there's no propaganda, don't worry. You can keep your tin foil hat on. But really, you can't manage heirlooms like the mounts after how you want it. There's possibilities as a previous poster said in having an extraction idea. But having the item just for free use no matter how many times you use it, would in my head, no be an option. You start with what you have 2 chests, 3 weapons trinkets or what you may have as the avarage player. When your list reaches 0 items, you need to return them before you can take them for other characters.

The game would be too lazy if you just had to pay 2275 JP and then you have the heirloom where ever you want and free use, that's too automated. I know it's been a request, and Blizzard has said every year that they have been working on different ideas. - and the latest datamine seems to be an idea that is a bit more successful than the others, seeing as it's made to be part of PTR coding.

And, I don't really defend Blizzard as much as you think. I more defend the playstyle. If it stood to me, the game should be harder than it currently is. It is already too easy as it is, would be easier if you only had to unlock to use the heirlooms - manage your heirlooms, keep control of them and send them to the different characters that need them. (Be it with mailbox or the extraction idea, really).

But, I don't wish for people to just think that they have it at unlimited amounts just because they unlocked it. That's how the mount system works. And the pet system as it was used in a previous example, where you extract the heirloom from the list (aka. cage the pet) is a better idea then, as you still have a maximum of items.

But for now, 5.4. seems to bring future crossrealm mailsystem - so lets hope they make it work.
    7 servers with all looms.....i am talking about all looms in existence on 3 servers with the best enchants possible, i guess you mean just for 1-2 classes, if you really have them all on 7 servers you should get your own achievement.

To be completely honest, i prefere them to be gone, they spoil the level expierence anyways and are very unbalanced in low bgs.(in some brackets at least, later the unbalance comes from cata/mop greens)

to delete them would be another solution i like, but probably this won't happen as too many people invested too much time in them to get them by now.
    Last edited by Tyrannica; 2013-07-18 at 12:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drii View Post

Because however they're bound, they still otherwise follow all the normal rules of items, which includes being limited to the server and faction in which they were obtained. "Bound on X" limits who you can give them to; it shouldn't be inferred to expand who you can give it to beyond what you could do with an unbound item.

Non-binding items can be given to any player of your faction on your server at any time.
    Bind-on-Equip items can be given to any player of your faction on your server at any time until you equip them, at which point you cannot give them to anybody.
    Bind-on-Pickup items cannot be given to anybody.
    Bind-to-Account items can be given to any character on your account of your faction on your server at any time.