Page 2 of 62 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think you guys are failing to take into account that there is still going to be at least one more x-pac (presumably Azshara) and definitely more interesting patch content before the Sargeras x-pac. There's plenty of time for surprises (very possibly a return to Lordaeron??)

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Did you honestly expect them to revamp old zones AGAIN?
    I know, right? You all want a world changing storyline when there are battle pets and xmog cash shop goodies to develop?

Priorities, people.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Phase what? Orgrimmar?
    Place human guards in Org like the Orcs did in Undercity?

Wouldn't work. As long as they want to have Horde vs Alliance in this game, their hands regarding major changes are basically bound behind their backs. All they can do is let future content be dominated by Alliance.
    I do hope they are consistent with the developments, the horde being on equal terms with the Alliance in the next expansion would be quite moronic.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    It doesn't really matter what they do with the end of the game someone is going to bitch about it.

Lore wise: MoP taught Varien that there has to be balance, a strong horde means a strong alliance. Togeather they will be powerful enough to beat the demons.
    Practical wise: You can't spend a lot of resources re-vamping old areas or you get cataclysm complaints.

Blizzard really can't satisfy everyone so they are not going to try. You can go along with the story or you can spend your time bitching about it. The biggest problem with the fan base is that many of them are not capable of dealing with change of any kind.
    There has to be balance but at the end of the day the horde are in our zones invading and we are at war with them so when we end up holding the cards we should be telling them to withdraw, whether it is reflected in game or not

10+ Year Old Account
    History shows that when conquering nations turn into oppressor nations things do not go well for either the conquering nation of the oppressed peoples. On the other hand conquering nations that offer help in rebuilding and avoiding the worst excesses of retribution and reparations do much better and profit from the gesture.

This outcome in terms of the game is not surprising in the least. Particularly if the next expansion, as rumored, will require more in the way of co-operation between factions.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2013-07-17 at 05:25 PM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Alenarien View Post
    Moral of the story; an expansion where the Alliance supposedly turn the tables on the Hordes, results in an unchanged Orgrimmar, and a crater in the place of Theramore.

Isn't that satisfying?
    Look on the bright side at least you got Dalaran back and a former Aspect is now a member of the Alliance.

Good thing I stopped caring about WoW stories after WotLK :P

But some people need to seriously chill out when fictional stuff like this happens, the fact stays that WoW is just a video game.

10+ Year Old Account
    is the satisfaction of knowing you dethroned Garrosh, the one responsible for the atrocities not enough?
    Hi

Deleted
    Do people really care about this rp stuff ? I sure as hell don't in the slightest and I can't imagine how someone would be interested by this

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    History shows that when conquering nations turn into oppressor nations things do not go well for either the conquering nation of the oppressed peoples. On the other hand conquering nations that offer help in rebuilding and avoiding the worst excesses of retribution and reparations do much better and profit from the gesture.

This outcome in terms of the game is not surprising in the least.
    It is not being oppressive though, if we were telling them the Barrens was ours and we were having a base in Durotar that would be oppressive.

Us telling them to withdraw from zones they have invaded within the last couple years (Ashenvale, Gilneas) which have been alliance homes for countless years is perfectly reasonable

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kamran View Post
    Do people really care about this rp stuff ? I sure as hell don't in the slightest and I can't imagine how someone would be interested by this
    "stop liking what I don't like".

If you don't enjoy the storyline of the game don't enter and post in the thread, just understand that others do.

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Look on the bright side at least you got Dalaran back
    Not very noticeable when for all practical purposes, Dalaran is still a neutral city and Horde are welcome to be there in all meaningful senses (beyond lore)

and a former Aspect is now a member of the Alliance.
    How noticeable that will be in-game is again debatable.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sigh...you aren't getting Lordaeron back. The undead are the rightful inhabitants of that city. I don't know why that has to be explained every single time the switching of territory comes up. Where would the undead go if the alliance was to take it over? Do we get to take one of YOUR capitol cities in exchange? I could see the forsaken pulling out of Gilneas and letting the Worgen have that back though.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    Surprised? Blizzard always favors the horde.

This post and your sig...

LOL​

Quote Originally Posted by kamran View Post
    How can someone be interested in football, it is just so bland and boring .

See what I did there?

Quote Originally Posted by wych View Post
    A great end to 2 horde centric expansions
    If I remember correctly in classic Horde didn't even have enough quests to hit 60, and Alliance was heavily favored, as all of their quests were done first and given "Epic" experiences. Onyxia questline, Horde get "Lets find Rexxar" and Alliance get a epic questline to find Varian. TBC was very Alliance favored with many Alliance heavy characters and NPCs and the same goes for wrath. So the moment Horde gets the same treatment Alliance players start acting like the Horde were "Always" favored by blizzard, which isn't true, because most of the original WoW dev team, which has left, were very heavily Alliance favored, as can be seen by the treatment they received in earlier times in WoW.

maybe we would see some actual change, if blizz didn't have to cater to the whiney raiders and douchey pvpers.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rym View Post
    And they just cant let the Alliance takeover the horde, as the game has to continue. Imagine the alliance would takeover all of horde land. What would people do in battlegrounds after that event occured?

And if you give back regions like HF the questing imbalance would go towards alliance. It's not all that easy. I think it is better to let the High King show his High-Kingness in this plot and to give <insert warchief here> the throne of ogrimmar.

And if we see the upcoming events Furion mentioned, horde and alliance need to coexists in some form to stand against the incoming challenge.

The strength of two is bigger than the strength of one.
    They could make the Horde pay in some way, any way at all, like having to repair the damage they have made. Anything at all, it's not hard to make something up that the Horde could've been made to do.
    Instead, we have invaded Orgrimmar without making sure what we invaded them for doesn't happen a third time. But no, not even that, apparently.

Nothing wrong in complaining about a major story arch that ends in a massive anti-climax.

Quote Originally Posted by Alenarien View Post
    Not very noticeable when for all practical purposes, Dalaran is still a neutral city and Horde are welcome to be there in all meaningful senses (beyond lore)

How noticeable that will be in-game is again debatable.
    I personally stopped caring about what is shown ingame, since most of it's detailed lore is not part of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    These posts are getting really obnoxious... just deal with what you're given.. if I was Alliance i seriously wouldn't care since I'm still standing strong and had better bonds with my leaders than Garrosh did.
    People need to get over this "Oh god we don't get no fist pump moment wtf is this shit? That was the last straw for me"
    Quote Originally Posted by wych View Post
    @Ghostcrawler @CM_Zarhym @DaveKosak @ChrisMetzen The fact that the Alliance gives the Horde Org back with no concessions or reparations suck

@greenkamrian @CM_Zarhym @DaveKosak @ChrisMetzen It's an important Jaina vs Vyrian moment. Who is to say the High King made the right call?

@Ghostcrawler Do Allies gain NOTHING from this war except tens of 1000s dead and their lands stolen? Not even in lore? Goblins keep Azshara

@kyrtfurey Lore-wise we could say that zones changed hands but wouldn't it be lame once you visited them and saw that was not the case?

So that's fucking it.

Our "great fist pump" moment we were promised is walking out of the city with no terms of peace agreed and no lands returned.

As usual the alliance were just along for the ride and gained absolutely nothing from it.

Who cares about Ashenvale getting burnt down? Gilneas ravaged? Our men turned by Valkyr into Forsaken? Our Prince having his body crushed?

Let's do the sporting thing and leave the horde to recover and hold onto everything they took.

A great end to 2 horde centric expansions

I personally stopped caring about what is shown ingame, since most of it's detailed lore is not part of it.
    Which is not a good thing in my opinion; since I imagine less than 10% (being generous) of the playerbase, looks at lore in any medium beyond WoW. It's rather suspect that they can, say, wipe Theramore off the map in-game, yet they can't show the Horde being thrown out of Dalaran and imprisoned in-game; never mind leave some mark of the Alliance in Orgrimmar following the siege. It seems to me that game resources are only seen as fit to apply when it's to demonstrate some sort of Horde victory.
    Last edited by Austilias; 2013-07-17 at 05:36 PM.