Page 3 of 62 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, we got Dalaran back, that was at least something..but what does it mean if it's not shown in the game? If they could just put a Dalaran over theramore, with Jaina, and have the old one in northrend, I don't see what the problem would be

how hard would it be to do something like that? Dalaran already has a model, wouldn't they just have to copy it over and just remove some NPCs?.. seems like they're just very lazy

Quote Originally Posted by silentender View Post
    If I remember correctly in classic Horde didn't even have enough quests to hit 60, and Alliance was heavily favored, as all of their quests were done first and given "Epic" experiences. Onyxia questline, Horde get "Lets find Rexxar" and Alliance get a epic questline to find Varian. TBC was very Alliance favored with many Alliance heavy characters and NPCs and the same goes for wrath. So the moment Horde gets the same treatment Alliance players start acting like the Horde were "Always" favored by blizzard, which isn't true, because most of the original WoW dev team, which has left, were very heavily Alliance favored, as can be seen by the treatment they received in earlier times in WoW.
    I'd say the biggest theme of TBC and most interesting storyline was the orcs returning to their home land and re-uniting with their roots and understanding their history.

Regardless just because poor story telling and one side getting better was accepted in the past doesn't mean it should be accepted now.

"I got burnt so you should get burnt too" isn't a good system to follow

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    is the satisfaction of knowing you dethroned Garrosh, the one responsible for the atrocities not enough?
    Not really. MoP isn't "Alliance vs Horde", it's "Alliance & Horde vs those big bad meanies who took over the Horde and who are responsible for every bad thing the Horde has ever done"

Though I play Horde these days, i'm an Alliance player at heart; and the story arc in MoP concerning the Horde has been one of the cheapest cop-outs i've ever seen, with Garrosh being the scapegoat.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcstunner View Post
    maybe we would see some actual change, if blizz didn't have to cater to the whiney raiders and douchey pvpers.
    They shouldn't cater to anyone, that's their fault. They gave us what we wanted, not what we needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Canicus View Post
    how hard would it be to do something like that? Dalaran already has a model, wouldn't they just have to copy it over and just remove some NPCs?.. seems like they're just very lazy
    They're not lazy; they just prefer to put effort into demonstrating things in-game when it benefits the Horde, such as a big crater where Theramore used to be. At the very least, they could pick up on the Gilneas story soon and give that back to us as a fully functioning city in the North.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Did you honestly expect them to revamp old zones AGAIN?

It was very clear from the beginning that we just eliminate the Kor'kron threat and after that it'll be business as usual.

We did gain something. We exchanged a "raawr human smash!" Gladiator with a proper King worth respecting... and gained a "whackjob soon to be raidboss" Archmage on the side.
    You mean Varian went from a real flawed character to a carebear for the sake of making the story as politically correct as possible.

Where's Stannis when you need him?

Give us back Lordaeron or we will destroy you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alenarien View Post
    They're not lazy; they just prefer to put effort into demonstrating things in-game when it benefits the Horde, such as a big crater where Theramore used to be. At the very least, they could pick up on the Gilneas story soon and give that back to us as a fully functioning city in the North.
    This War is a result of *MORE WAR IN WARCRAFT1111111111111111*
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Did you guys stop to think that maybe if Alliance wasn't full of whiny, entitled scrub-nubs, the devs might feel better about giving Alliance some better storywriting? I don't know exactly what the case is with their circumstances, obviously, but I sure know *I* would not even bother trying to please you guys any more, if after no matter WHAT I wrote, Alliance bitched and moaned about Horde favoritism. Horde could get a storyline where, lorewise, all the faction leaders died, and Alliance would bitch that there's less Horde to fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Alenarien View Post
    Which is not a good thing in my opinion; since I imagine less than 10% (being generous) of the playerbase, looks at lore in any medium beyond WoW. It's rather suspect that they can, say, wipe Theramore off the map in-game, yet they can't show the Horde being thrown of Dalaran and imprisoned in-game; never mind leave some mark of the Alliance in Orgrimmar following the siege. It seems to me that game resources are only seen as fit to apply when it's to demonstrate some sort of Horde victory.
    I really like belf lore but Eversong is still stuck in the past, not showing the transgression their society is going through, though it is supplied in outside lore sources. I would love to see the repaired Exodar, I would have liked a scenrio that would have done the battle for theramore justice, but it simply isn't shown ingame, but I do know it is there and that great things transpired and still do. I am fine as long as lore progresses I don't need shiny things ingame to remind me of what happened.
    Last edited by Combatbutler; 2013-07-17 at 05:42 PM.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I was never too hopeful for Alliance storytelling in MoP. So I'm not really surprised by this. Sounds like Jaina would have wanted to take over Orgrimmar (what I'd like to do too) but as GC tweeted gameplay is always more important than lore.

The thing is Blizzard should NOT have said they were making a progressive alliance vs horde war if they knew they couldn't use their resources to have it reflected in game.

personally I just want it to end

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dcuffel View Post
    Did you guys stop to think that maybe if Alliance wasn't full of whiny, entitled scrub-nubs, the devs might feel better about giving Alliance some better storywriting? I don't know exactly what the case is with their circumstances, obviously, but I sure know *I* would not even bother trying to please you guys any more, if after no matter WHAT I wrote, Alliance bitched and moaned about Horde favoritism. Horde could get a storyline where, lorewise, all the faction leaders died, and Alliance would bitch that there's less Horde to fight.
    You are very naive if you think Blizzard takes their opinion on the player's of either side into account when making gameplay changes and if you think there's a discernible difference between alliance and horde players as a whole

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Look on the bright side at least you got Dalaran back and a former Aspect is now a member of the Alliance.
    Whoa whoa. This... this, I have not heard about! Do tell! Who is this aspect joining the Alliance? When and how did this happen? :O
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Whoa whoa. This... this, I have not heard about! Do tell! Who is this aspect joining the Alliance? When and how did this happen? :O
    Kalec is with Jaina. Much to my dismay.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Koji2k11 View Post
    jeez ppl get so mad about fiction its like a religion to them somehow, also not only alliance is fighting garrosh its horde fighting him also you guys are just our sidekicks in this
    Wow is a religion to most Horde fanatics. If the amount of time spent on Wow studying lore, learning strategies, debating character ethics, was spent at church ... well ... you would have a bunch of religious fundamentalists almost as obnoxious as the Tea party.

That aside, the Horde didn't lose. I can't say this enough. Garrosh broke away. He took SOME Orcs and curled up in his little bunker.

The Horde (Sylvannas, Lor'Themar, Baine, Voljin, Gallywix, and Thrall) still exist and also participated in the War on Garrosh (The real traitor who is no longer part of the Horde.)

You can't have a Good and Evil team up and expect one side to say I now Love you now that we're done.

Quote Originally Posted by wych View Post
    The thing is Blizzard should NOT have said they were making a progressive alliance vs horde war if they knew they couldn't use their resources to have it reflected in game.

personally I just want it to end
    A full horde and Alliance war was doomed from the beginning for gameplay reasons alone, not to mention lorewise neither faction has nearly enough manpower to actually occupy the nations of their enemies.

sounds about what I expected from MoP

nothing is going to change until the same people are in charge of the story

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    They could phase it for players like they did for the now-destroyed Theramore.
    Theramore is easy. Just hit the delete key multiple times and add a crater.

The is the same Blizzard that doesn't even have the resources to fix up Silvermoon, any kind of change that requires "new content" - that is not simple like a crater - is out of the question.

I mentioned this to a former WoW player

Me

get this. the alliance take control of org at the end of mop, and just give it back to the horde and allow them to make a new warchief, then leave
    1:41pm

Him

lmfao

Me

garrosh is dead. we're leaving. enjoy fighting us again next expac

If the Alliance took over Orgrimmar that would affect gameplay for Horde. Gameplay should always take place over story/lore. As for wanting to "return Alliance land" that's also ridiculous, because, like GC said, it would require them to redo zones.

Maybe for 5.5 their should be a new raid called Siege of Stormwind, where the Horde goes into Stormwind, kills the king, and then burns Stormwind to the ground. Lots of QQ would happen, but in the end the Alliance players would keep whining about 'Horde favoritisms' while throwing Blizzard their money.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drilnos View Post
    Azshara never belonged to the Alliance anyway. What makes you nitwits think you ought to control a zone with a door into a Horde capital city?
    Kalimdor "belongs" to the NElves and Tauren, the 2 races that have lived there for over 10k years. Most of the North and some of the Southwest is all NE territory while the central regions are Tauren lands. There was one troll kingdom in the south, and of course goblin towns. Azshara, was NE land for eons.