Page 6 of 62 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by coldrain View Post
    Most people have a level capped character on both factions(or several) this isn't just an alliance vs. horde complaint. us with horde "mains" are still bothered by it
    and this is because blizzard put the double agent achievement in the game. there's also a mind on your money achievement that forces players to grind gold drops yet they keep nerfing areas where people did exactly that "GM: stop farming verlok stand. Me: Tell me where i'm supposed to grind gold for the stupid achievement you put in the game, when you ruined dungeons coin drops"

10+ Year Old Account
    In my opinion, they should had left the MoP Beta descriptions for Factions in game. You know, the ones that said that the orcs are the badass and the alliance "will keep trying".

At least that way new players are able to know before playing that the favored faction by the devs is the Horde, lore and culture wise.
    I wish someone had told me this 3 years ago :S, maybe i would still enjoy in-game lore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TS26 View Post
    Jeez..the alliance players in this game are like Fox news.
    Jeez..the horde players in this game are like Msnbc.

10+ Year Old Account
    3) Thrall giving foot rubs just furthers his Green Jesus status
    This made me laugh.
    As an alliance player, I'm pretty happy with the character development in MoP.

Give it a rest.. I don't understand you lore buffs, a majority of the major Warcraft lore is stolen from other sources. The entirety of the War of the Ancients was copied EXACTLY from Chrono Trigger. An evil, magic-obsessed queen (Zeal/Ashara) tries to harness the power of a great and powerful alien being (Lavos/Sargeras) but underestimates the power of the alien being and ends up blowing the world up, forever changing the planet. They even threw in a red-haired time traveler (Crono/Rhonin) and a green honor-bound fighter (Frog/That orc).

In Burning Crusade they go with aliens, spaceships, and racist elves. With Wrath of the Lich King, Arthas becomes a comic book villain that lets the heroes constantly escape. With Cataclysm, for whatever reason, Deathwing doesn't just kill everyone and win, he sits around doing absolutely nothing at all.

Now you lore-buffs are whining that Blizzard isn't going to change the very landscape of the game, having to reprogram the game so that Orgrimmar and it's surrounding territories belong to the Alliance. It's a VIDEO GAME, they can't just re-make the entire game because you think the Alliance should be given more attention. The very notion of the Alliance in WoW DOESN'T WORK, as the Night Elves would NEVER ally with the Gnomes and Dwarves, who both hate and despise nature and de-forest/ravage the environment far more than the Orcs do.

Deleted
    I understood the whole not destroying the horde. Bad for game mechanics, and it would probably end up weakening the alliance. I was okay with there being a new warchief, and I was okay with us leaving Org. What I am not okay with is that the Alliance will not even get territory lost to the horde back. That is completely unrealistic, wars never end that way. The winner always gains something.

Quote Originally Posted by wych View Post
    @Ghostcrawler @CM_Zarhym @DaveKosak @ChrisMetzen The fact that the Alliance gives the Horde Org back with no concessions or reparations suck

@greenkamrian @CM_Zarhym @DaveKosak @ChrisMetzen It's an important Jaina vs Vyrian moment. Who is to say the High King made the right call?

@Ghostcrawler Do Allies gain NOTHING from this war except tens of 1000s dead and their lands stolen? Not even in lore? Goblins keep Azshara

@kyrtfurey Lore-wise we could say that zones changed hands but wouldn't it be lame once you visited them and saw that was not the case?

So that's fucking it.

Our "great fist pump" moment we were promised is walking out of the city with no terms of peace agreed and no lands returned.

As usual the alliance were just along for the ride and gained absolutely nothing from it.

Who cares about Ashenvale getting burnt down? Gilneas ravaged? Our men turned by Valkyr into Forsaken? Our Prince having his body crushed?

Let's do the sporting thing and leave the horde to recover and hold onto everything they took.

A great end to 2 horde centric expansions
    Would you prefer we raid Stormwind and kill Varian instead?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainArlong View Post
    Give it a rest.. I don't understand you lore buffs, a majority of the major Warcraft lore is stolen from other sources. The entirety of the War of the Ancients was copied EXACTLY from Chrono Trigger. An evil, magic-obsessed queen (Zeal/Ashara) tries to harness the power of a great and powerful alien being (Lavos/Sargeras) but underestimates the power of the alien being and ends up blowing the world up, forever changing the planet. They even threw in a red-haired time traveler (Crono/Rhonin) and a green honor-bound fighter (Frog/That orc).

In Burning Crusade they go with aliens, spaceships, and racist elves. With Wrath of the Lich King, Arthas becomes a comic book villain that lets the heroes constantly escape. With Cataclysm, for whatever reason, Deathwing doesn't just kill everyone and win, he sits around doing absolutely nothing at all.

Now you lore-buffs are whining that Blizzard isn't going to change the very landscape of the game, having to reprogram the game so that Orgrimmar and it's surrounding territories belong to the Alliance. It's a VIDEO GAME, they can't just re-make the entire game because you think the Alliance should be given more attention. The very notion of the Alliance in WoW DOESN'T WORK, as the Night Elves would NEVER ally with the Gnomes and Dwarves, who both hate and despise nature and de-forest/ravage the environment far more than the Orcs do.
    You do realize people don't see the similarities or may not even care about that.

The very notion of the Alliance in WoW DOESN'T WORK,
    False.
    Last edited by Aeluron Lightsong; 2013-07-17 at 06:29 PM.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Deleted
    Its funny because people still think blizzard cares about warcraft lore

Maybe Varian at least steals Garrosh's throne to take home as a trophy. That'd be amusing.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Did you honestly expect them to revamp old zones AGAIN?

It was very clear from the beginning that we just eliminate the Kor'kron threat and after that it'll be business as usual.

We did gain something. We exchanged a "raawr human smash!" Gladiator with a proper King worth respecting... and gained a "whackjob soon to be raidboss" Archmage on the side.
    Can't wait for this

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khanis View Post
    Its funny because people still think blizzard cares about warcraft lore
    It's funny people make these cute comments like these that aren't constructive either.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by NotFunny008 View Post
    Would you prefer we raid Stormwind and kill Varian instead?
    after this?
    please yes

but only if we get to murder Anduin

Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    The better question to ask is what role the Alliance will have NEXT expansion. Alliance had better be the main faction for story purposes, meaning Alleria and Turalyon better return.
    They've already practically stated that the Alliance will be in the position of strength in the story going into the next expansion, and they will be the major initiators against the next big threat (leading the charge would probably be a good way of interpreting it). Given that at the end of this expansion, they are the ones that weren't nearly broken by a civil war, it's one of few ways the story could progress that makes sense - if Blizzard manages to botch it up, more's the pity (when I'm feeling particular cynical, I fully expect them to botch it up, to be honest).

With the game mechanics limiting what they can do, they have written themselves into a corner with how they can end this expansion, especially with the raid being in Orgrimmar.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Enosh View Post
    after this?
    please yes

but only if we get to murder Anduin
    Yes...let's do a rehash of WCI >_>

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Look on the bright side at least you got Dalaran back and a former Aspect is now a member of the Alliance.
    They will never do that. They only want to scream Blizzard is favoring Horde no matter what Blizzard does. Even if Blizzard let Alliance totally annihilate the Horde, they will say Blizzard is favoring Horde because Horde players can now unsubscribe from the game, got their lives back and save tons of money.

Quote Originally Posted by Therionn View Post
    What I am not okay with is that the Alliance will not even get territory lost to the horde back. That is completely unrealistic, wars never end that way. The winner always gains something.
    The funny thing is that these people proclaiming "Alliance tears" and things to that effect are pointing out the very obvious fact that Horde have never had very much reason to cry tears in the first place. When was the last time the Horde lost a city? As far as i've seen, they've actually claimed one in the form of the Echo Isles. The Alliance however have lost Theramore utterly and completely, and Gilneas is, at best, war torn and in turmoil. Oh, Southshore too; not quite a city but another lost town at least.

The only real loss for the Horde I can recall is a small, inconsequential Tauren trading post in the Barrens; and even then, the Alliance commander in charge of destroying it gave the inhabitants a change to flee. It unfortunately went badly wrong, but the Horde quest demonstrates clearly that he sought to allow the inhabitants to flee. The Horde finishes that quest in meeting with the commander's widow; one of WoW's better quests, what few of them there are post-Cata.

Quote Originally Posted by Berethos08 View Post
    They've already practically stated that the Alliance will be in the position of strength in the story going into the next expansion, and they will be the major initiators against the next big threat (leading the charge would probably be a good way of interpreting it). Given that at the end of this expansion, they are the ones that weren't nearly broken by a civil war, it's one of few ways the story could progress that makes sense - if Blizzard manages to botch it up, more's the pity (when I'm feeling particular cynical, I fully expect them to botch it up, to be honest).

With the game mechanics limiting what they can do, they have written themselves into a corner with how they can end this expansion, especially with the raid being in Orgrimmar.
    If you really believe that the next expansion will focus on the Alliance, rather than the Horde rebuilding from its civil war, your pretty gullible.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NotFunny008 View Post
    They will never do that. They only want to scream Blizzard is favoring Horde no matter what Blizzard does. Even if Blizzard let Alliance totally annihilate the Horde, they will say Blizzard is favoring Horde because Horde players can now unsubscribe from the game, got their lives back and save tons of money.
    We gain a city in a continent that people don't care about.

Horde gains half of Kalimdor, all of Lordaeron, and a new Warchief.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandrox View Post
    If you really believe that the next expansion will focus on the Alliance, rather than the Horde rebuilding from its civil war, your pretty gullible.
    We shall see.

Warrior-Magi