Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NightZero88 View Post
    Or how about no, since we're already paying them 15 a month as a sub fee. Your idea would make sense for a F2P game but not for a sub based game. Blizz doesn't need to screw over the players anymore than they already do. I think the roughly 120 million dollars they make A MONTH is more than enough for anything.
    So fucking what if Blizz makes money for providing a product, nothing wrong with that at all. if they make 500 Mil a month good for them, if a time comes that I don’t think I am getting my money’s worth I will stop paying and stop playing.

Deleted
    Paying for an updated character model?

Thats totally not going to piss of anyone!

While we are at it, why dont we make EVERY armor to look like the one you start with at level one and charge for each armor modeled?
    I mean, nobody is paying for anything, they should pay more!
    Last edited by mmocd3750dc86d; 2013-07-18 at 06:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shockzilla View Post
    So fucking what if Blizz makes money for providing a product, nothing wrong with that at all. if they make 500 Mil a month good for them, if a time comes that I don’t think I am getting my money’s worth I will stop paying and stop playing.
    All you people sound like a damn broken record. Yes, we get it. Great for you. This has nothing to do with the argument at hand so kindly shut up. The argument is whether or not the game should have micro-transactions along with a sub fee. Nobody gives a rat's ass if you find the game worth paying for or not.

No...

It would be too silly to see high res humans standing next to low res humans.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by shanthi View Post
    Maybe you already get £10/$15 worth of content every month and the store stuff is extra that they'd never have produced in the first place if the store didn't exist.

I mean, I get that unlimited content would be good. Why can't Starcraft be included in the money we already pay? Why can't the WoW books be included? We already pay money!
    We have an unspoken agreement with blizzard: IF we are Paying 15$ a month for playing WoW plus paying for the expansion packs- we are entitled to EVERYTHING that gets developed for that game, bar some small misc stuff they put on the store. IF they break that unspoken deal, we unsubscribe to the game, and they lose our 15$ a month.

NEW CHARACTER MODELS is NOT some small MISC STUFF.

If Blizzard really wanted to appeal to the asian markets they should make the game harder like vanilla/tbc era. Asian mmos are notorious for their grindiness and difficulty. The reason they're probably losing subs in asia is the complete lack of sense of achievement and competition in today's game.

Thats going to be their biggest mistake if they do it..

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    I think that the baseline models should be updated independently of the cash shop. It would be a real downer if all of the human NPCs in the world got updated to a new texture ... except your PC, who is supposed to be a hero. And you know Blizzard wants to implement all of their hard work in-game.

That said, I'm not opposed to new character model features being available in the cash shop. For example, adding new skin textures (Fel Orcs, Dragonmaw Orcs, Dark Iron Dwarves, Frostborn Dwarves, etc.), adding new hairstyles and faces, so on and so forth. The only catch is that Blizzard cannot expect people to play through the roof for something like this; I wouldn't give them more than $5 for such an addition personally unless they made a bunch that were compiled into a single pack or something.

I think making Cosmetic options purchasable is a good idea, especially if it allows Blizzard to divert resources to something that wouldn't have otherwise gotten funding in the first place.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    Or.. right, now heres a crazy thought, try and follow me on this one. Or, they just put them INGAME with that £10 they get from everyone every month, and the countless other ways they make money (not counting the scam shop). That way people can actually earn them (a scary word for MoP players I know) instead of buying their way into a set of nice models.
    Please try not to make this in to some casual vs hardcore thing. Some things are interesting, just not in demand enough to warrant being fucking tier gear, and a side store would be a good way to drop some of the most asked about nuggets without giving all the "SRS BZNZ" super hardcore neckbeards something else to blame their general malaise on. The helms for instance, aren't even relevant to what is currently in game. They are prolly left over art resources from previous expansions that never got used. The Firelord jewel looks like it would have been in cata, and the icy helm looks about as Lich King as you can get without Ner'zul whispering in your brainstem. I mean how many people are lining up to play a fucking taunka or yaungol? If that was a wide release feature all the QQ from the "hardcore" about how that "took away" from some other feature they had imagined up would blot out the sun. But put those two skin options on the online store fora couple bucks and the small-but-not-negligible number of players who would like them can have them.
    "Stop being a giant trolling asshole." - Boubouille
    "The Internet is built on complaints about asinine things" - prefect
    "Facts became discussable when critical thinking stopped being the focus of education."- Chonogo
    "Sometimes people confuse "We Don't Understand This Yet" with "Ooga Booga Space Magic" - Chazus

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazomir View Post
    We have an unspoken agreement with blizzard: IF we are Paying 15$ a month for playing WoW plus paying for the expansion packs- we are entitled to EVERYTHING that gets developed for that game, bar some small misc stuff they put on the store. IF they break that unspoken deal, we unsubscribe to the game, and they lose our 15$ a month.
    I don't think there's any such specific unspoken deal, but I do agree that there is an unspoken deal for every customer and company: provide me enough to be worth the money I'm paying you or I'll stop buying from you.

If putting new character models on the Blizzard shop (something I don't think they'd do and I would find annoying, personally) leaves you feeling you're not getting enough for your fee, that's fair.

I just think people are creating rules where none exist. There's no rule about premium stores and subscriptions, there's no rule about what can/should be charged for and what can't/shouldn't. There's one basic rule that has existed in any relatively free market: people will only buy from you if you're providing them enough value for their money.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie.
    And with strange aeons even death may die.

Cash shop, I don't really care for but if they do it people will buy something from it.

However, updated Character Models should not be sold on that. They should be implemented in the game for everyone and they will do it that way especially since everyone has been waiting a good while for them.

I post this a good bit and I'll say it again until they bring it! Blizzard when can I dye my transmog or my tier gear to other colors?!

Please! There are so many times I've seen gear and I'm just like "Well if that was a different color than it would probably look cool"

It wouldn't be really difficult to get a developer to make this happen. Just take similarities from creating arena team logos or guild tabards and just enhance it.

Forcing me to pay to have an up to date character model would be the thing that makes me quit I think. So...No.
    Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 4527-7566-5852. PM if you add me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by shanthi View Post
    I don't think there's any such specific unspoken deal, but I do agree that there is an unspoken deal for every customer and company: provide me enough to be worth the money I'm paying you or I'll stop buying from you.

If putting new character models on the Blizzard shop (something I don't think they'd do and I would find annoying, personally) leaves you feeling you're not getting enough for your fee, that's fair.

I just think people are creating rules where none exist. There's no rule about premium stores and subscriptions, there's no rule about what can/should be charged for and what can't/shouldn't. There's one basic rule that has existed in any relatively free market: people will only buy from you if you're providing them enough value for their money.

There IS an actual unspoken rule.

IF you are going to charge people 15 bucks to play your game for a month, plus charge them 60 bucks every year and a half for expansion packs, you BETTER include every-frikkin-thing up in this bitch.

It's not exactly a rule, but it is a code of morals. Nobody likes money-grubbing assholes and i CERTAINLY wont subscribe to the game if they get even more greedy than they are now.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not exactly a rule, but it is a code of morals. Nobody likes money-grubbing assholes and i CERTAINLY wont subscribe to the game if they get even more greedy than they are now.
    It really isn't anything to do with morals. As long as a company isn't scamming you and is providing you your money's worth, there's nothing immoral/unethical about charging for other things.

IF you are going to charge people 15 bucks to play your game for a month, plus charge them 60 bucks every year and a half for expansion packs, you BETTER include every-frikkin-thing up in this bitch.

All blizzard has to do is weigh the money lost in subscriptions versus the revinue from the cash shop, and according to player-logic, the decision makes itself. If they can make more money with the cash shop that's what they're justified in doing. This kind of reasoning has governed every sort of bad gameplay decision they've made so far, and been vigorously defended by the playerbase, so I see no reason for blizzard to stop. I say make a cash shop and make anything available for sale. The game is already in decline, so it makes sense that subs will be lost either way; the best thing to do at this point is make cash off a cash shop while there still is a substantial player base interested in paying.

Its the same reason LFR exists; it exists because epics and raiding still have some kind of prestige associated with them. Nevermind that LFR ultimately will destroy that prestige, as long as we're in a middle ground where it hasn't been destroyed yet, people will pay for LFR. Same thing with cash shop--eventually it will undermine the entire game, achievements will mean even less than they do now, but until they become totally meaningless people will spend money for them. Since the game is in decline anyway, its just good business sense to strike while the iron is still hot.
    Last edited by Sniperpally; 2013-07-18 at 08:34 PM.

10+ Year Old Account

The ever increasing rate of DLC and pre-order exclusive content in the video game industry seems to suggest that whatever rulebook you read that in isn't one the game companies are familiar with.
    "Stop being a giant trolling asshole." - Boubouille
    "The Internet is built on complaints about asinine things" - prefect
    "Facts became discussable when critical thinking stopped being the focus of education."- Chonogo
    "Sometimes people confuse "We Don't Understand This Yet" with "Ooga Booga Space Magic" - Chazus

10+ Year Old Account
    How about they stop asking to be paid ridiculous amounts of money for services that are completely automated and could easily be for free with long cooldowns so people don't spam them *cough* server transfers and faction switches *cough* *cough*

I'm still on the fact that each of those new helmets is 15 fricken dollars. ffs they could at least make them available in game for gold at the same time or something.
    Last edited by -Zait-; 2013-07-18 at 08:40 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Urti View Post
    The ever increasing rate of DLC and pre-order exclusive content in the video game industry seems to suggest that whatever rulebook you read that in isn't one the game companies are familiar with.
    Im fine with DLC's as long as it is made AFTER the game is released and is not on the CD im paying for.
    Pre order bonuses? Theese are rewards for your faith in a game before you have even seen it.
    Release-day DLC, that's what im not fine with.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by -Zait- View Post
    How about they stop asking to be paid ridiculous amounts of money for services that are completely automated and could easily be for free with long cooldowns so people don't spam them *cough* server transfers and faction switches *cough* *cough*
    I've had a much bigger problem with the fees they charge for what requires essentially little to no manual effort, those account services, then I do the store. It doesn't really affect me much, since I've rarely needed to use them, but I can't really see the justification for the prices.

10+ Year Old Account
    Holy crap that is a horrible idea.

I hope you're kidding because the VAST majority of people would be PISSED.
    PEPE SILVA, PEPE SILVA