Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Bad luck, if you were so blinded and bought them... enjoy your money badly spent!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glitch View Post
    Oh heck it looks absolutely awful with shadowform, I had hoped it might go shadowy like well.. shadowform.. not the case;/

EDIT: screenie
    Gotta admit, despite me not going to be buying any of them, the red eyes look rather cool with shadowform, the horns, not so much...
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

Quote Originally Posted by GamerLCD View Post
    Honestly that looks badass.

And yes, the butthurt is strong in this thread.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    Maybe because it'll alleviate the standard/precedent for ethics/business practices that's truly plaguing the gaming community nowadays. It started with EA and now is coming to Blizzard and there's no reason for it besides people being too blind to see that they can and SHOULD be getting things for the price on the box like they always have been.
    You would have an argument if you were correct about the bolded part.

Unfortunately, you're wrong. The card game codes, blizzcon giveaways, promotional items and the fact they've been selling a limited number of pets and mounts for years now shows you how far off the mark you are.

10+ Year Old Account
    I used wowhead in-game link shares to try all 3 before I chose.

http://www.wowhead.com/item=95474#

Links > copy in-game link > paste in chat > enter > ctrl click

Deleted
    I bought all 3 earlier, the flame one goes very well with some of the warlock sets, especially the T2 recolour and I'm looking to build a transmog set around the ice one for my dk. As mentioned before the hood doesn't go very well with anything I've tried just yet. Maybe a mage set will mesh nicely.

I'm also hoping Blizz release a few more, I'd like one that goes well with some of the other classes. I'm also hoping they're intending to release more mounts in a shorter time frame in the shop, as the time between releases has been huge up till now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Funny..I got pets in Classic through promotional content. (Murky and Gurky) So when was "like it has always been"?
    Yup - also got my Gurky in Vanilla.
    Never seen it available ingame, though. So yeah.

Rofl. You can get entire armor set skins in GW2 for ~$10 USD. $15 for just a helm (that IMO aren't exactly that great looking, I've seen them in game)? Not for me. I have oodles of better looking helms in-game that I can choose from.

It shouldn't be a huge secret why it costs $15. Just like character transfers, blizzard prices things so not everybody will buy it. If it was $5, I promise you half the population would have this item overnight. Thats easily disposable income territory. $15 however is not. Whether they don't buy it because of price or they don't see the value in it, it controls the amount of them in game (to an extent). Yeah it looks bad on some races like panda for sure. I agree the fade in/out on the skeleton helmet should allow some level of control (like a clicky on the item thunderstrike style). I really don't think the topics of money grab and individual wealth are condusive or relevant here.

Deleted
    I wonder what the former titan devs are doing currently. definitely not armor bugfixing though.

Deleted
    I've not had a single issue with this helm on many different races, but it might just be the way I'm looking at it or how it fits into my transmogs. The effects are much better when it fades in and out, makes it more eerie and animated.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kazgrel View Post
    I have oodles of better looking helms in-game that I can choose from.
    But none of them result in getting rage whispers from jealous little kids, that in itself is worth the £10 price tag.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    Maybe because it'll alleviate the standard/precedent for ethics/business practices that's truly plaguing the gaming community nowadays. It started with EA and now is coming to Blizzard and there's no reason for it besides people being too blind to see that they can and SHOULD be getting things for the price on the box like they always have been.
    Very well said. For the players here who have only ever played WoW and not any other MMOs in the last 9 years, let me spell it out for you. What Blizzard is doing right now is triple-dipping. Asking you to buy the game, subscribe every month AND now they have the guts to open a cash shop to milk even more money out of you. Hell, they've been doing it since Wrath with mounts and pets. But now that they're selling armor and experience boosts it can actually be taken seriously. It's the scummiest business practice an MMO can employ and Blizzard deserves every bit of negative feedback they get about it.

Not only does this triple-dipping it set a dangerous precedent but it's basically the same sort of cash shop that many free to play MMOs employ just to keep their heads above water. WoW is a special case since it's the only MMO that can actually ask for more money from their subscribers and still retain them. The mounts and pets over the last few years were just testing the waters of this, and now that subscription numbers have somewhat stabilized again they're putting the micro-transactions into full swing.

Every new mount, pet, and piece of armor added to the Blizzard Store takes away more prestige from the game. Character progression is the winstate of all MMOs and for many people that used to mean earning your rewards and reaping the benefits, which for WoW mainly included the best looking gear and mounts. Being able to buy those with real money is a huge detriment to the game which devalues the efforts of all players.

It saddens me to see what this game has turned into and almost makes me ashamed to say I used to put so much time into it. Quitting just before MoP came out ended up being a great decision.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by unconnected View Post
    I bought all 3 earlier, the flame one goes very well with some of the warlock sets, especially the T2 recolour and I'm looking to build a transmog set around the ice one for my dk. As mentioned before the hood doesn't go very well with anything I've tried just yet. Maybe a mage set will mesh nicely.

I'm also hoping Blizz release a few more, I'd like one that goes well with some of the other classes. I'm also hoping they're intending to release more mounts in a shorter time frame in the shop, as the time between releases has been huge up till now.
    Glad to see someone else that is happy with their purchase, and I agree I hope we see more vanity items added sooner

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Freeasacar View Post
    Vsnip
    Terrible argument.

The armour has no stats, it's for transmog. The experience buff is nothing, really, it's nothing. 100% doesn't get you to 90 in an hour.

You quit in MoP and continue to post on a WoW forum about the game, how pathetic. Just go away, lol.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by fierceangelx View Post
    The effects are much better when it fades in and out, makes it more eerie and animated.
    Tbh, I'd like the Crown of Eternal Winter a lot more without the effect. :/
    The crown itself looks nice...but with the skull. Nah.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Diabl0 View Post
    I hope they keep adding new overpriced items to the store until they finally realize it's backfiring and they're losing subs over this. Those items are not worth $15. How can one item cost the same as one month of WoW? And be sure it's not going to stop there. Soon they'll be selling $100 sets.
    People are going to stop playing WoW because they think $15 is too much for a helm in the Blizzard Store that they don't even want to buy?

Quote Originally Posted by Asmekiel View Post
    People are going to stop playing WoW because they think $15 is too much for a helm in the Blizzard Store that they don't even want to buy?
    But it's the precedent, obviously!

Lolsarcasm.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    If the next quarter loses a substantial amount of subs due to WoW having micro transactions, the only way Blizzard could know is if people accurately filled out their cancellation survey. I'm willing to bet most people don't fill it out.
    Oh I did, hope they don't have a profanity filter or they wouldn't be able to read half of it.

It's pretty funny that people supporting blizzards disgusting actions by buying these helms get screwed over by getting a half broken item, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Molyneux View Post
    I think everyone should try their very best not to fret about an item that gives zero stats and serves as vanity only.
    I think you're missing the point of this thread.

Reading the very first post helps. Reading only the thread title doesn't.

Please read before posting next time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Freeasacar View Post
    Very well said...
    I'm curious, why do you care so much if you stopped playing WoW before MoP was even released?

To everyone else, why is it such a concern that Blizzard have released these items? I noticed a lot of people said they'd get them if they were $5 etc or that game X, Y and Z are selling skins/etc for less than the $15 that Blizzard are selling these for.

So from what I can tell its not that these exist, it's that they're too expensive. If that's the case, then we have a severe epidemic of entitlementitus going on here, if you can't afford them then don't buy them, it's as simple as that.

They're statless vanity items which serve nothing but to change the appearance of your character. Blizzard have been including vanity items since the very first release - the collectors editions, these seem to have been accepted so what is the difference?

This really is getting out of hand, Blizzard is starting to rival EA with the DLC. Disgusting buisness.

Quote Originally Posted by Outofmana View Post
    Oh I did, hope they don't have a profanity filter or they wouldn't be able to read half of it.

It's pretty funny that people supporting blizzards disgusting actions by buying these helms get screwed over by getting a half broken item, lol.
    I wonder what that thing is where we could buy pets and mounts years ago already. hmm... maybe it was all in my mind.