Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bigmac View Post
    I can only hope subscriptions are going down.
    could be one of the main reason why they put these helm up for $15 a piece in the first place
    they could have lost a large chunk of subscribers in the 2nd quarter, and Blizzards goal is now to milk it while they can.

Deleted
    Thing is though, no helmets look that good on the new race models if you notice. I hope it's not going to become a trend with the new updated Vanilla models.

The problem with changing anything at this point, is that some people likely did the proper research, liked that it looked silly and bought it for that reason, or are just generally happy with it. If they change it now they run the risk of angering customers who actually checked to see what it looked like before buying. Changing things after the fact are always problematic which is why they should have gotten it right before selling it. It's not like popping the helmet on a panda and seeing how it looks is a very difficult thing to test before selling it in the store.

Quote Originally Posted by GamerLCD View Post
    1. The crown doesn't cover the characters entire face
    It doesnt always, depending on what race you are. This is the same with any other Helm on any other race.
    My Night Elf wears it perfectly, while my Worgen only has it on the upper part of the Worgens mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by GamerLCD View Post
    Doesn't show up on character panes
    Does on mine.

I don't give one single fuck.

You chose to give money to their shitty store.
    Anyway, I hope it ends up giving them even more trouble.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by coldrain View Post
    itt anyone against the microtransaction cashgrab in a subscription game is upset only because they cannot afford it, therefore they're poor and resentful
    In the above quoted post: Someone so lacking in self-awareness that he/she doesn't grasp the irony of acting like a victim when he/she has been calling people idiots or suckers for buying something he/she doesn't want to buy.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie.
    And with strange aeons even death may die.

I should totally purchase one right now, how else could I prove to people on the internet I'll never meet that I can afford one, would that make it a fact? if I waste 15 bucks and then call it a fucking ripoff? Only the the suckers dumb enough to make the purchase are allowed to give feedback, right?
    Nobody cares whether you can afford one, any more than they care about your bloated opinion on why they're overpriced and anyone who buys one has various negative properties. I'm sure that's a painful realization but let it sink in and you'll gradually acclimate.

Thats not even remotely relevant.
    who is more likely to walk into a tourist trap?

i`ll say this: wow was the only thing left without cash shop microtransaction crap.

the entire point of paying a monthly access fee for wow was to avoid exactly this.

first it was consoles, then all other pc games. microtransaction cash shop DLC garbage ruined gaming forever and i will just stop playing all games except the old ones from before gaming turned into a tourist trap. Good riddance, right? have fun being "gamers" and "gaming"

the entire point of paying a monthly access fee for wow was to avoid exactly this.
    The entire point for you maybe.

10+ Year Old Account
    The entire point of paying a subscription fee was to get, in return, a consistent stream of high-quality content (and, to a far lesser extent, the servers to access) which, in mine and millions of other people's opinions, we do. There's no magic rule that a subscription fee means that anything Blizzard produces, even related to WoW, should be included. That's just a rule some posters have invented because most MMOs don't use both. But "other MMOs don't do it" isn't a reason for or against something...you have to show an actual harm in order to make a compelling case that having both a subscription and premium items is wrong/bad.

It took one look for me to figure out the skull mask was going to clip on a troll's face. Every helm with a facemask does that.

I hope they keep adding new overpriced items to the store until they finally realize it's backfiring and they're losing subs over this. Those items are not worth $15. How can one item cost the same as one month of WoW? And be sure it's not going to stop there. Soon they'll be selling $100 sets.
    Last edited by El_Diabl0; 2013-07-18 at 03:24 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by El_Diabl0 View Post
    I hope they keep adding new overpriced items to the store until they finally realize it's backfiring and they're losing subs over this. Those items are not worth $15. How can one item cost the same as one month of WoW?
    People aren't going to quit over that, they just won't buy them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by El_Diabl0 View Post
    I hope they keep adding new overpriced items to the store until they finally realize it's backfiring and they're losing subs over this. Those items are not worth $15. How can one item cost the same as one month of WoW?
    I sincerely doubt they'll lose significant subs over putting too high a price on the store items (and I tend to agree that the helms are overpriced). Far more likely is that if it really is overpriced (that is, not very many people consider them worth buying), they won't get the sales they expected and they'll either drop the price or decide the artist time for them isn't worth it and stop producing transmog items.

Quote Originally Posted by Zergal View Post
    You sound like such a nice guy.
    His butt is just resistant to hurt.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glitch View Post
    Oh heck it looks absolutely awful with shadowform, I had hoped it might go shadowy like well.. shadowform.. not the case;/

EDIT: screenie
    That looks awesome, I don't know what looks bad about it. Love the horns and angry red eyes!

Quote Originally Posted by ElyPop View Post
    The item wasn't compulsory. It's for vanity. It gives no stats.. it's solely cosmetic.
    It's pretty much the customer's fault. You should have looked into it prior.
    sounds like it was a gift, but pp actually paid 15U$ for it...

(i only got the celestial mount.... and never used it)

another point about the store mounts: people don't buy for exclusivity or for beauty (e: the ugly goat), just to show and collect them, even if they only use it some days)

I don't know how could be wow without mounts... more mounts to show in city = more ego.

(or say me u aren't jelous about those ones with the epic tcg tiger worth 600U$ / 600k gold?)
    Last edited by Magodelagua; 2013-07-18 at 03:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lime View Post
    People aren't going to quit over that, they just won't buy them.
    I agree with you, for now. But what if Blizzard decides to put the best looking items of the next expansion, including full sets, for sale on the store? Buying those items will be optional, yes, but most people care very much about how their characters look. And remember that it's not going to stop with cosmetic items. (I realize that actual gear is probably never going to be sold in the pet store)
    Last edited by El_Diabl0; 2013-07-18 at 03:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    I hope one day to understand this mentality, of wanting things to fail just because you don't agree with them, when it doesn't affect you in any way
    Maybe because it'll alleviate the standard/precedent for ethics/business practices that's truly plaguing the gaming community nowadays. It started with EA and now is coming to Blizzard and there's no reason for it besides people being too blind to see that they can and SHOULD be getting things for the price on the box like they always have been.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Canada,we've got freedom too, except we don't pretend to be american when we travel.
    You know, I am sure they will fix it, eventually, for the most part. But as honest as I can be right now is: /nelson voice on "HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!".
    ahem* anyways....enjoy your bought items.
    "There are other sites on the internet designed for people to make friends or relationships. This isn't one" Darsithis Super Moderator
    Proof that the mmochamp community can be a bitter and lonely place. What a shame.