Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Way to jump to conclusions. All we got are sound files and not even all of them, let alone the ending cutscene. Wait until we have everything before you jump up and down saying something is bad.
    So again it's you defending Blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Slorg View Post
    You do realize that the new horde hasn't even been around for 20 years right? Don't know where you get the centuries from. If you want to go back to the first war it was maybe 30-40 years ago
    Whatever, my comment still stands.

I like the lore, but I guess that's because I'm a writer and see more value in it than others.

Oh well. Cheers.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Malenurse View Post
    Apparently you're not allowed to criticize nor defend Blizzard on these forums without being called out.

Who knew.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

Yes, this whole storyline was doomed from the beginning and could never have a satisfying conclusion for Alliance players. In my opinion Blizzard's lore has seen a huge decrease in quality since the end of Wrath with the ridiculous "there must always be a Lich King" nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    I like the lore, but I guess that's because I'm a writer and see more value in it than others.

Oh well. Cheers.
    Many people seem to equate a balanced story approach where everybody gets equal screentime to be the same thing as 'good storytelling,' where in reality it typically just kinda ends up as a mess.

Not that this patch necessarily has good writing, but rather I am led to wonder why people automatically seem to believe that all of the lore will somehow be 'improved' by being all-inclusive to every faction in the game.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tilde View Post
    You're choosing to complain about writing in 2013? It's been well established since 1999 Metzen can't write.
    eh, RoC and TFT each had decent story to them in my opinion.

however, and not to be that guy, if i wanted to play an mmo with good story id play swtor.

Quote Originally Posted by Malenurse View Post
    I'm not defending anything. All I'm saying is we shouldn't say something is bad when we own have bits and pieces. I'm sorry I'm not mindlessly hating on something like you wish everyone would do.

And please, you've been here for 3 years. You should know that's spam.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

10+ Year Old Account
    In your fish aquarium eating your fish flakes. NOM NOM
    And heres one of the few reasons a 2 faction game dont work very well lore wise. I like how rift just merged their 2 factions into one and now no faction can be left behind in the lore. If they wanted to stop this silly crap of going from extreme to the next in balancing their factions they should just put everyone into one friendly faction and create 2 new factions that only affect pvp. After that just make it where every npc is friendly to everyone so all quests from both factions are available to everyone.
    Torchlight II Vanilla Player
    Looking for a vanilla only group?

http://forums.runicgames.com/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=40739

Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    Many people seem to equate a balanced story approach where everybody gets equal screentime to be the same thing as 'good storytelling,' where in reality it typically just kinda ends up as a mess.

Not that this patch necessarily has good writing, but rather I am led to wonder why people automatically seem to believe that all of the lore will somehow be 'improved' by being all-inclusive to every faction in the game.
    I'm going to have my criticisms with it once the patch is live like I do with 5.2 and 5.3's story, obviously, but right now it's shaping to be a very well done storytelling patch. This is said with the fact that Siege has SO much story in it.

Blizzard is delivering on its promises for the story. Whether or not that is labelled "Good" or "Bad" is subjective, but I enjoy the fact that they're doing what we asked of them.

Lets be completely honoest for a second. Has lore been any good after the whole ''there must Always be a Lich King'' moment at the end of WotLK? Cataclysms lore was medriocre at best, Deathwing was a complete letdown.

The 5.4 lore may seem bad because they have to somehow give the Alliance a role in SoO, despite that its only the Rebellion that should be attending the raid. If this was still a RTS, we'd only be controlling the Rebellion to take out Garrosh.

There must always be a War Chief.

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    Lets be completely honoest for a second. Has lore been any good after the whole ''there must Always be a Lich King'' moment at the end of WotLK? Cataclysms lore was medriocre at best, Deathwing was a complete letdown.

The 5.4 lore may seem bad because they have to somehow give the Alliance a role in SoO, despite that its only the Rebellion that should be attending the raid. If this was still a RTS, we'd only be controlling the Rebellion to take out Garrosh.
    Oh really? If anything from what they've said, the originally wanted the Alliance to be there and crafted the whole civil war arc so that horde could be there too. And if this was an RTS there's a very good chance there'd still be an alliance between them. It's not uncommon, especially for finales, in blizzard rts games.

10+ Year Old Account
    Varian up and leaving because Blizzard want to keep the war going by incorporating this "balance" pandaren creed is a bit of an ass pull, but the lore is otherwise solid IMO. Nazgrim gets a great little arc and send off, and most of the characters involved get to do some rather interesting things.

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    Lets be completely honoest for a second. Has lore been any good after the whole ''there must Always be a Lich King'' moment at the end of WotLK?
    Yes, there have been plenty of moments in lore that were good after that moment in Wrath. There were also plenty of moments in lore that were terrible before that moment in Wrath. Same goes vise versa. Your point?

Quote Originally Posted by Zaelsino View Post
    Varian up and leaving because Blizzard want to keep the war going with this "balance" pandaren creed is a bit of an ass pull, but the lore is otherwise solid IMO. Nazgrim gets a great little arc and send off, and most of the characters involved get to do some rather interesting things.
    After the uproar about Nazgrim dying and how sad most of the community seemed, we still get complaints about "bad storytelling".

Oh well.

I'm not going to judge the story until I hear in Varian's own words why he leaves, and see the interactions myself.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    I already cancelled my sub. I'm gonna go ahead and out myself as a lore/quest nerd here, but it's an important part of the game for me. I'm not going to play a game where I end up punished with substandard content for picking the wrong faction.

Think the fact that we will see garry on the throne (and the kor'kron in orgrimmar) until 5.5 or 5.4.x same with the new warchief. Glad we get to see WHO it is in 5.4... Even if (s)he isn't in charge.... yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcanist View Post
    I already cancelled my sub. I'm gonna go ahead and out myself as a lore/quest nerd here, but it's an important part of the game for me. I'm not going to play a game where I end up punished with substandard content for picking the wrong faction.
    You cancelled your sub because of datamined stuff from the ptr? Doesn't that seem a little silly?

Quote Originally Posted by Arcanist View Post
    Yet it isn't substandard content; you just label it that way.

Both contents honestly are getting their equal share of story.

It's up to YOU if you think it's well done or not.

I think both sides have their share of amazing moments, plus none of us know truly WHAT happens in 5.4.

Summarized, rude version:

Stop jumping the gun and freaking out about shit before you experience it.