Page 1 of 10
... LastLast

The lore of 5.4 is so bad...

Am I the only one who finds it ridiculous that the entire lore of 5.4 is summed up with "Varian practically conquers the Horde (a faction has been murdering his people and invading his lands for MANY YEARS) by killing and dethroning their Warchief with the help of some rebels, and then decides to let his biggest enemy pick a new Warchief and continue invading his land and threatening to destroy the Alliance."? How is that logical in any way? What nation would give their enemies an opportunity to gain in strength and gain power again? And doesn't this basically force the Horde to "kiss up" to the alliance from now on?

In reality, if blizz were to make this lore work, they would have had to make the Horde collapse, which obviously wouldn't happen (And this is coming from a Horde player).
    Last edited by seiton; 2013-07-18 at 12:46 AM.

There must always be a.. <ominous lightning strike> Horde..

Deleted
    It isn't, the whole siege of orgrimmar was a terrible idea cooked up by Blizzard at the end of Cataclysm when WoW's bleeding subs was big news to keep interest in the game. The game didn't crash spectacularly like the doomsayers said and they were left with fulfilling this stupid promise which couldn't possibly end for a logical and satisfying conclusion due to the fact that neither faction can ultimately "loose" or an mmo looses half its playerbase.

Way to jump to conclusions. All we got are sound files and not even all of them, let alone the ending cutscene. Wait until we have everything before you jump up and down saying something is bad.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    There must always be a.. <ominous lightning strike> Horde..
    Ha, this sums it up nicely.

Deleted
    Very stupid indeed. But alas the "gameplay over lore" prevails and we don't get to see Gilneas retaken. In fact I'd be okay if we were just told Gilneas will be given back but as GC stated that's not gonna happen.

Deleted
    ^

The least they could do was give us that epic 40 man bg with a full city siege going on rather than the AB re-hash.

How many fucking people are going to say the same damn thing in every thread?

YOUR ENEMY IN 5.4 IS NOT 'THE HORDE', IT'S JUST GARROSH'S HORDE. THE MAJORITY OF THE HORDE ARE ON YOUR SIDE. I can't fathom how people can't grasp the fact that the Siege of Orgrimmar is a raid, a raid which is also for the Horde to take part in.

Do you seriously believe that the good Orcs, the Darkspear Trolls, the Tauren, the Forsaken, and the Sin'dorei, who are all present in the Siege of Orgrimmar, are going to let the Alliance just take over Orgrimmar and not allow them to choose a new Warchief? Hello? Didja even think about that? The vast majority of the Horde is helping you defeat Garrosh.

The fact that so many Alliance players can't grasp that boggles my mind.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Penguintamer View Post
    Didja even think about that? The vast majority of the Horde is helping you defeat Garrosh.

The fact that so many Alliance players can't grasp that boggles my mind.
    The vast majority of the orcs are with Garrosh.

I am not an Alliance player, I am Horde. But if the entire force of the Alliance laid siege on a broken and divided faction, how would they lose?

I'm not going to jump to any conclusions, unlike everybody else on this forum, until I see the cutscene after Garrosh dies.

Let's not make assumptions about the ending before it actually happens.

There's a decent chance (and Wrathion's dialogue indicates this) that the conflict will be significantly diminished post-siege at least in the short term. This means that Varian will not be allowing the Horde to "continue invading his lands and threatening to destroy the Alliance". Let's wait until we actually see the conditions under which Varian withdraws from Orgrimmar before whipping up a firestorm about said conditions.

Another thing to consider is what message would Varian be sending if he effectively backstabs the rebels and takes control of Orgrimmar. The Alliance may need allies to face the conflicts ahead, and turning on the rebels would send a message loud and clear that the Alliance is willing to turn on it's allies the instant they cease being convenient. Not exactly a message you want to send when your entire faction is an alliance.
    Roleplaying, hardcore Raiding, running LFR on the occasional weekend, PvPing, rolling alts, achievement hunting, pet battling, or just enacting an endless series of whims, I don't care how you play WoW. Just as long as you have fun doing it.

You're choosing to complain about writing in 2013? It's been well established since 1999 Metzen can't write.

10+ Year Old Account
    You do realize that the new horde hasn't even been around for 20 years right? Don't know where you get the centuries from. If you want to go back to the first war it was maybe 30-40 years ago

Herald of the Titans Murderdoll's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah. All those Tauren, Trolls, Blood Elves and Forsaken dont count as Horde.

Its totally Alliance v Horde here guys.

The raid should be renamed, Seige of the Kor'kron Barracks because we are for the most part, really only fighting the Korkron.

Its like saying, the entirety of the Horde and the Dwarves, Draenei, Night Elves and Gnomes vs SI:7 is Horde vs Alliance.

Just wait till the raid happens. Frankly Im excited that Saurfang and Etrigg are both there.
    Last edited by Murderdoll; 2013-07-18 at 12:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bulletnips View Post
    The majority of the Orcish military is, but the civilian population seems to trend neutral to even pro-rebel (at least outside the Warsong and Dragonmaw Clans). If you've seen the dialogue the Orc NPCs in Razor Hill, none of them are shedding any tears as the Kor'kron are slaughtered around them by the Darkspear rebels. We even have a refugee camp inhabilited by Orcs who have fled Orgrimmar pop up in Razor Hill in 5.4.
    Roleplaying, hardcore Raiding, running LFR on the occasional weekend, PvPing, rolling alts, achievement hunting, pet battling, or just enacting an endless series of whims, I don't care how you play WoW. Just as long as you have fun doing it.

Varian, unlike many Internet posters, it seems, is smart enough to realize that it would be a fairly bad idea to turn around and then betray the rebels that now surround him and all of his forces inside of Orgraimmar by taking over and preventing them from deciding on a Warchief.

I can give you a couple guesses on how such a situation would end, but basically all of them end with Varian's head caved in by a Horde weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchor View Post
    They -had to- get the Alliance involved, because it would've been pretty much unacceptable to give the Horde a final tier expansion raid and give the Alliance nothing.

If they've had the liberty they would've most likely not let the Alliance get involved in the Horde rebellion storyline.
    Exactly what I was about to say. Dont get it wrong, Alliance involvment was merely gameplay-wise.

Quote Originally Posted by Bulletnips View Post
    The vast majority of the orcs =/= the vast majority of the orcs

Trolls
    Tauren
    Blood Elves
    Forsaken
    Some goblins, some Pandaren

You cannot just dismiss them all. Garrosh and his elite Orcs are being dismantled. That is it. There's really nothing else to do after that. There are still some conflicts between the Kirin Tor and the Sunreavers, but it does seem like Lor'themar and Jaina have already made an uneasy and reluctant truce.

But the fact remains that there are 4 powerful Horde races that are helping you Siege their home city, and they're not going to let you decide to take it after Garrosh is dead. The siege itself is going to have far too many casualties to really allow any other fighting afteward. Everyone is going to limp home happy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by seiton View Post
    Am I the only one who finds it ridiculous that the entire lore of 5.4 is summed up with "Varian practically conquers the Horde (a faction has been murdering his people and invading his lands for centuries) by killing and dethroning their Warchief with the help of some rebels, and then decides to let his biggest enemy pick a new Warchief and continue invading his land and threatening to destroy the Alliance."? How is that logical in any way? What nation would give their enemies an opportunity to gain in strength and gain power again? And doesn't this basically force the Horde to "kiss up" to the alliance from now on?

In reality, if blizz were to make this lore work, they would have had to make the Horde collapse, which obviously wouldn't happen (And this is coming from a Horde player).
    ... ... ... The Horde only showed up on Azeroth within the last 30 years or so. Varian was a child when the Horde showed up for the first time.

Still agree with the rest of the post. 5.4 lore is utter shit, horde bias, in-game store... Actually kinda close to quitting finally and just have no urge to log on to raid tonight.
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.