10+ Year Old Account

i miss WoW, but im afraid ill regret signing up again

i left because i dont really enjoy where ret is right now and how it plays. i had fun doing dailies and running old tier for xmog and such and finished that to the point where i have almost every old tier, thunderfury/hand of rag, almost every awesome 2h xmog on my wanted list, etc...

lfr was alright even though you could go weeks/a month without getting a non duplicate or a final tier rng drop you needed...

i wanted to roll alliance and play fem human pally... but every time i check H:A ratios, its absurd. the servers are at such an imbalance that it seems doing anything would ruin the enjoyment of "community" if i went alliance.

blizzard planning on addressing the H:A imbalance?

Well, is the H:A all there is to the game? I think ret played out very nicely in MOP. And if you study it, I am sure you'll love it if you enjoyed playing paladins.
    They updated the RNG system so, if you extra roll and remain unlucky, it will increase your next bonus roll. Think you should check out.

> blizzard planning on addressing the H:A imbalance?

Not really. My Alliance guild moved from a PVP server that was Horde dominated to a PVE server that's Alliance dominated. I had quit before because of boredom and frustration with ganks. Came back in time for the move and suddenly my enjoyment of the game skyrocketed. Might be worth it to try a new server.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Barendon View Post
    Well, is the H:A all there is to the game? I think ret played out very nicely in MOP. And if you study it, I am sure you'll love it if you enjoyed playing paladins.
    They updated the RNG system so, if you extra roll and remain unlucky, it will increase your next bonus roll. Think you should check out.
    Sadly that still doesn't always mean anything. I went through thirty rolls on my mage of all gold. Two weeks of gold on all 6 bosses (12), then 3 times through again with my charms (18) before giving up and starting again yesterday only to win items in almost every slot

But yeah you should just sign up again and try it out. Only you can decide for sure if you'll enjoy it and it's not a waste to try something out. What's a waste is not trying something.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by suicidebears View Post
    blizzard planning on addressing the H:A imbalance?
    I just woke up, so maybe I'm missing something here, but couldn't you just switch to another realm that is more balanced? Not every server is horribly unbalanced.

Honestly, I never saw that as a Blizzard issue, just a player issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Sadly that still doesn't always mean anything. I went through thirty rolls on my mage of all gold. Two weeks of gold on all 6 bosses (12), then 3 times through again with my charms (18) before giving up and starting again yesterday only to win items in almost every slot
    Having bad luck and then suddenly hitting on a big roll is really what good effort is worth, you know? Last week I got 5 runestones, after weeks of getting 1 per week. That was really awesome! Of course, the new system doesn't guarantee a drop, but hey, did wow ever do that?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Barendon View Post
    Having bad luck and then suddenly hitting on a big roll is really what good effort is worth, you know? Last week I got 5 runestones, after weeks of getting 1 per week. That was really awesome! Of course, the new system doesn't guarantee a drop, but hey, did wow ever do that?
    I wasn't saying it's bad or good, just that you shouldn't prop up your expectations that you're guaranteed anything even with "streak protection". Admittedly it was very frustrating after a while.

10+ Year Old Account
    Look at the wow server population lists. There arent many at all options for a heavy alliance to horde ratio that is a pvp server with also a solid pve base of players.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by suicidebears View Post
    Look at the wow server population lists. There arent many at all options for a heavy alliance to horde ratio that is a pvp server with also a solid pve base of players.
    It's not clear if you were referring to US or EU servers, however given your profile location I'm assuming you're US.

Those servers exist. I'm quite sure Kel'Thuzad, Darkspear and Sargeras are all Alliance-heavy and PvP. You could also try one that is more balanced, such as Bleeding Hollow. It's got slightly more Horde than Alliance but the Alliance population is healthy, world PvP exists all the time, and I'm quite sure they have solid PvE.

Deleted
    You're still able to play WoW any way you want.

Turalyon seems to have a 47/53 ratio. If you're going to reroll look at sites like realmpop and guildox to get a feel for how well-balanced a server is if that's your primary concern.

I suggest either trasnfering to an alliance heavy realm (there are some) or waiting to see what the virtual realms offer. Coalescing the realms may help your chosen faction feel livelier.

Also, I stick to running the previous tier's LFR, because the drop rate for that tier is great. I cannot wait for 5.4 to get all the drops I'm missing because RNG.

i like MoP honestly.. most fun ive had since BC

I signed up again to try to get geared to raid, but god the current catch up method is just awful. LFR, heroic scenarios, dailies, etc. I just want to run some dungeons and group with people and heal them, and somehow doing it with 4 other people was more interesting and entertaining than the faceroll that is LFR. I even tried to do some BGs to maybe refresh my interest, but they were mostly filled with bots. I just eventually gave up and decided to maybe try for the next expansion.

it's ookin' 15 bucks a month. you won't starve to death because of it. if you miss WoW, resub. the worst thing that can happen is that you decide it's not worth it, and that you wasted 15 bucks. that's the same as going out to drink a few beers in a single night.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.