Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Any loot master/raid leader/GM giving weapons to tanks before dps'ers isn't worth his salt and u better leave this guild for another one.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Inambour View Post
    Any loot master/raid leader/GM giving weapons to tanks before dps'ers isn't worth his salt and u better leave this guild for another one.
    Have to agree there, the usual order my guild gears in is dps-->healers-->tanks. You can make up for most tanking gear issues by just using (raid) cooldowns correctly. Since there are now usually a lot of fights where the enrage timer matters a LOT, dps has become the most important to gear imo.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting View Post
    Have to agree there, the usual order my guild gears in is dps-->healers-->tanks. You can make up for most tanking gear issues by just using (raid) cooldowns correctly. Since there are now usually a lot of fights where the enrage timer matters a LOT, dps has become the most important to gear imo.
    I'd say it all depends.

Our monk tank often does more dps than our dps team, so I'd say it's actually a wiser choice to give weapons to him if we have troubles with enrages.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asheriah View Post
    I'd say it all depends.

Our monk tank often does more dps than our dps team, so I'd say it's actually a wiser choice to give weapons to him if we have troubles with enrages.
    Don't get me started on agility tanks :P

Deleted
    Because vengeance atm is broken (our tanks got a sit macro/show back to boss for few hits to get 700k+ vengeance instantly, how is this fine ? >.<) and in general monks are in a such OPness state that the rules hardly applies (or makes any sense sadly...).
    It also depends on your raiding situation aka 10 or 25 man because in a 25 man environment even with the current vengeance state tank dps is important but nowhere near real dps state.

But overall when you have boss enrage issues, talk to your dpsers not your tank because that where the issue is, not the other way round (especially and that's off topic when you know at what ilvl most bosses were killed first hand).

Quote Originally Posted by Ragetacular View Post
    You mean Blood DK weapon
    You mean hunter weapon.

Oh wait...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mionelol View Post
    no haste is gud
    Plz gief 1h with dodge/spirit, I want to dw tank again (((

On a more serious note, if I still were MS tank I'd pass the polearm to dps in a heartbeat. There are (assuming the items won't change) better options for both tanking and dps for a Death Knight in 5.4.

It has the icon and same stats/socket as this tiers polearm
    Doubt that's the final version
    Quote Originally Posted by Tirilka View Post
    Nope, but there is a tendency for the echochamber of whining to spiral out of control, and so everyone involved thinks this is the worst thing ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Swaggah View Post
    It has the icon and same stats/socket as this tiers polearm
    Doubt that's the final version
    Bo-ris doesn't have haste on it.

http://www.wowhead.com/item=96621 (can't post links because I don't want to)
    Vereesa formerly of Paragon and Depraved
    WCL

Quote Originally Posted by Vereesà View Post
    Bo-ris doesn't have haste on it.

http://www.wowhead.com/item=96621 (can't post links because I don't want to)
    *wink* Bo-Ris, Horror in the Night

Quote Originally Posted by Inambour View Post
    but tanks are often top dps in raids now.

Deleted
    It'll change soon due to (finally) vengeance (abuse) nerf (and as i said few post above 25 man tank dps isn't as important as 10 man).

Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    And also it says the Polearm is a drop from the 11th Boss in the instance, meaning it won't be RNG to get it from a random boss like it is currently in ToT
    That also means 11 less bosses than Boris for it to drop from.

Quote Originally Posted by Magpai View Post
    That also means 11 less bosses than Boris for it to drop from.
    I have hundreds of ToT LFR boss kills across all my chars, maybe even close to a thousand, and I do not have a single one of the shared-loot drops on any of them. I would MUCH rather have a 5% drop from one boss that I can keep using tokens on every week than whatever ludicrously low chance Boris is per boss.

Quote Originally Posted by Asheriah View Post
    I'd say it all depends.

id say your dps'ers aint worth having a tank shouldnt be able to outdps dps'ers especially not if hc raiding. i know vengeance is strong but that strong it aint and he shouldnt have 100% uptime on it^^
    Death Knights never fell to Arthas. We are the once to make him fall!

Quote Originally Posted by klieren View Post
    id say your dps'ers aint worth having a tank shouldnt be able to outdps dps'ers especially not if hc raiding. i know vengeance is strong but that strong it aint and he shouldnt have 100% uptime on it^^
    I'd say your reply is not really contributing to anything in this thread.

a) a good tank geared for damage supported by his healers does not have a problem to top average DpS on the meters on most fights.
    b) most of the tanks damage comes from attack power, so haste and crit are the biggest increases for tank dps
    c) loot distribution is purely based on whatever the raid is comfortable with, it doesn't matter to us if they use a DKP, loot council or use WoW's build in group loot, same way how progress oriented raids have their own rules of loot distribution, often times based "contribution to raid success" which can be affected by far too many things...

So the whole discussion if a tank or dps should get the weapon is pretty much moot.

I wonder if some people realize that arguing on a public forum over who should get priority on a piece of loot is kinda silly. You don't need to convince society, you need to convince whoever controls loot in your own raid.

Deleted
    with the inc vengeance nerfs tanks shouldn't be above dps

And with me moderating this thread, it should neither be about loot allocation nor about vengeance nerfs but about appreciating awesomely itemized strength polearms.

You mean I can actually acquire a Weapon I can transmog into a Scythe for my DK Grim Reaper Transmog without having to pray to the RNG gods to drop from random bosses?!

Screw you Bo-ris, HELLO SoO POLEARM!
    Bow down before our new furry overlords!