Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Needs more Pargon.

Quote Originally Posted by rayvio View Post
    sounds like a true Hellscream to me. Grom wasn't exactly all that different from his son really
    Or as I would say it; Garrosh is not all that different from Grommash really.

sounds like a true Hellscream to me. Grom wasn't exactly all that different from his son really
    But he didn't lose himself along the way. In the end he died a hero, not a monster.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaelsino View Post
    I still can't believe he'd drop his father's axe on the floor and run off with this thing.
    What's the difference between Garrosh dropping Gorehowl to pick up Xal'atoh and Arthas dropping Light's Vengeance to pick up Frostmourne?

It's been done before, no reason not to do it again.

I think it's a corrupted copy of the original. Keep in mind the voice files indicate that Garrosh leaves Gorehowl behind, and probably forges a new, more powerful wepaon out of the sha energy he's weaponizing.

Time to transmog this new image of gorehowl with the old gorehowl :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fangless View Post
    Time to transmog this new image of gorehowl with the old gorehowl :P
    You go girl! Do it like Tirion did with dat sexy sword!
    "Ah... you have learned much... and learned well... an honorable battle.
    In the end, I stood by the warchief, because it was my duty, and I am glad that it was you who struck me down.
    May your strength... lead the horde... into a new era of prosperity..."

-General Nazgrim

Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    But he didn't lose himself along the way. In the end he died a hero, not a monster.
    that's a matter of opinion. one heroic deed, and that to only partially undo some of the damage he himself was responsible, does not redeem a lifetime of atrocities that includes the murder of children

that's a matter of opinion. one heroic deed, and that to only partially undo some of the damage he himself was responsible, does not redeem a lifetime of atrocities that includes the murder of children
    Yes, but Grom was also a victim of circumstance and bad luck.

Sure, the orcs chose to drink from the blood of Mannoroth, but they didn't know what would happen with it.

Garrosh is choosing to use any power source possible to achieve his goals. He murders people for his own personal gain and for selfish reasons.

Grom realized the atrocities he committed and took down Mannoroth as payback for what he twisted him into. He did die a hero in the end.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, but Grom was also a victim of circumstance and bad luck.

Sure, the orcs chose to drink from the blood of Mannoroth, but they didn't know what would happen with it.

Garrosh is choosing to use any power source possible to achieve his goals. He murders people for his own personal gain and for selfish reasons.

Grom realized the atrocities he committed and took down Mannoroth as payback for what he twisted him into. He did die a hero in the end.
    Couldn't have said it better. Garrosh thinks he's doing the same as his father, while he's going WAY out of line. Grom did it for his people, altought he did not know the consequences.

Now Garrosh is just disrespecting his father's honor with all this horseshit. lol
    "Ah... you have learned much... and learned well... an honorable battle.
    In the end, I stood by the warchief, because it was my duty, and I am glad that it was you who struck me down.
    May your strength... lead the horde... into a new era of prosperity..."

-General Nazgrim

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Corrupted Gorehowl.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Not corrupted Gorehowl, its already been stated that he abandons Gorehowl on the Vale.

10+ Year Old Account
    Died a hero..... I guess that makes up for all of his crimes then? Garrosh was Grom if Grom had acess to the seat of War Chief.

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Died a hero..... I guess that makes up for all of his crimes then? Garrosh was Grom if Grom had acess to the seat of War Chief.
    In no way am I saying his actions were justified, but they are understandable. He lost control and another power was making him do what he did.

Garrosh is CHOOSING to do what he's doing. After Grom drank the Blood of Mannoroth, which he was basically tricked into doing not knowing the side effects, he had no control over anything he did. As he regained his conscience back he started to try and fix what he did. He realized how terrible it was and saw redemption in one thing: killing Mannoroth.

Do you see Garrosh committing war crimes and betrayal against his brethren as him out of control? It's been stated multiple times he knows what he's doing. He's doing this for selfish gain in full consciousness. Huge difference.

Murdering children is a despicable act in ANY situation, but if an outside power is literally making your body do it, there's no way out.

10+ Year Old Account
    In no way am I saying his actions were justified, but they are understandable. He lost control and another power was making him do what he did.

Garrosh is CHOOSING to do what he's doing. After Grom drank the Blood of Mannoroth, which he was basically tricked into doing not knowing the side effects, he had no control over anything he did. As he regained his conscience back he started to try and fix what he did. He realized how terrible it was and saw redemption in one thing: killing Mannoroth.

Do you see Garrosh committing war crimes and betrayal against his brethren as him out of control? It's been stated multiple times he knows what he's doing. He's doing this for selfish gain in full consciousness. Huge difference.

Murdering children is a despicable act in ANY situation, but if an outside power is literally making your body do it, there's no way out.
    He drank the blood twice, once not knowing..... the second time, fully aware.

Try to remember, Grom drank the blood twice. Once with the original Orcs that led to the 1st and 2nd wars. That time, like with all the other Orcs, he didn't know what was going to happen. The second time was during Ashenvale, and it was a willing choice to get the power to kill Cenarius.

That is, unless something was retconned and the Ashenvale bit never happened
    Last edited by Archmage Arugal; 2013-07-18 at 07:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    He drank the blood twice, once not knowing..... the second time, fully aware.
    Valid point. I just find him more-so a redeemed hero/character due to the fact he realized what he had done and worked to rectify it.

Wish I could put my thoughts into words right now but I'm half asleep from work. If I can explain my points better I'll post it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    I'm still holding out hope that SOMEHOW Prince Malchezaar has something to do with it.
    That actually would origin a plot twist better than any Blizzard has been able to write since, ever...

It doesn't look good to me, I'm sorry. It looks like they slapped some eyeballs and fangs onto some hardened purple slime that was vaguely shaped into an axe and attached a stick to it. I actually really like "gore" kind of weapons and armors if done right, but to me personally, I just don't think this was. I think for when you are trying to go for that "gorey" look, you need to either have eyeballs slapped on a regular looking/axe sword or a stylized one, or have a misshapen sword/axe that has normal features about it (like the hilt). That way it doesn't look like "overdone", IMO.

Picture related: