Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Migas11 View Post
    That actually would origin a plot twist better than any Blizzard has been able to write since, ever...
    How would that make a good plot twist? An obscure villain with no lore connection to the weapon suddenly becomes relevant? Sounds like a stretch.
    Q: Where the fuck is Xia Xia, SIU?!?!
    A1: She needs to start making eggs for Easter...
    A2: Drunk and sleeping somewhere.

VO_54_ITEM_YSHAARJ_EVENT_01 - VO_54_ITEM_YSHAARJ_EVENT_13

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5llfSEbibRg (between 0:00 and 1:35)

Looking through game files, I saw some peculiarly named sound files. I think this will have Yshaarj speaking to you when you have this item on. This seems like the most likely candidate for these "item" soundfiles unless there's some quest item.

Gorehowl is a ridiculous L70 weapon, OF COURSE he leaves ist behind for a L90 one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    If he's throwing away Gorehowl I think we could say its symbolism for him throwing away anything left of him being a true Hellscream.

He's throwing his heritage away for a dark, disgusting power.
    Hitting the nail right on the head there.
    I remember Arthas doing a similar symbolic thing in a certain cave.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wondercrab View Post
    Needs more Pargon.
    Pargon, Xal'atoh, Pargon, Y'shaarj, Pargon, Tier, Pargon...
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

Quote Originally Posted by Notos View Post
    How would that make a good plot twist? An obscure villain with no lore connection to the weapon suddenly becomes relevant? Sounds like a stretch.
    Could connect the coming Legion invasion with SoO. I don't care how they have to shoehorn it in, I just want to resolve the paradox of Malchezaar having Gorehowl without it simply being a "just for gameplay" thing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Parsee The Magical Prot View Post

Looking through game files, I saw some peculiarly named sound files. I think this will have Yshaarj speaking to you when you have this item on. This seems like the most likely candidate for these "item" soundfiles unless there's some quest item.
    Those clips remind me of the Puzzle Box of Yogg-Saron quotes, as well as the whispers in Dragon Soul. I think an xpac featuring N'zoth and Azshara as the main antagonists is pretty close. Next one, or one after that.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Quote Originally Posted by Parsee The Magical Prot View Post

I hope so! It's been way too long since that happened! Corrupted Ashbringer had the same. I love this axe because I love Old Gods. To have it whisper to me would be even more awesome! >:O

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post

Those clips remind me of the Puzzle Box of Yogg-Saron quotes, as well as the whispers in Dragon Soul. I think an xpac featuring N'zoth and Azshara as the main antagonists is pretty close. Next one, or one after that.

I think an Emerald Nightmare + South Seas, or just South Seas expansion is next. Why? During the legendary quest chain in 5.4, Wrathion mentions that Varian Wrynn is stupid for not breaking the Horde. That he could've destroyed the Horde forever, even if it would take about a year to take Thunder Bluff from the tauren. That means there is at least a year left in Wrathion's eyes, until this "Legion attack". He also mentions that he's not done. That he will find a way to unite everyone and prepare them. That indicates that it's not happening right away.

On top of that, Blizzard has mentioned that the Horde will focus on rebuilding, next expansion. That means the Horde is broken for a majority of the time next expansion. A broken Horde and a somewhat broken Alliance can not take on the Legion. That much should be obvious.

The smaller indications are: a sudden Faerie Dragon mount that, so far, has no context and has not been made available, Y'shaarj's whispers of how we would sleep in Ny'alotha, which is the sleeping city where N'zoth resides which is deep down in the oceans. And then at last the Armored Bloodwing who, when picked up, has this mail attached to it:

<Player Name>,

The monstrous, flesh-eating bloodwing bat hails from the misty jungle islands of the South Seas, where it is the undisputed ruler of the night sky.

This particular specimen has been trained as a mount and girded for battle in armor fashioned from a rare ore known only as "heavy metal."

Mei Francis
    Exotic Mounts
    Dalaran

Read the bolded and underlined part. To me, this too is an indication.

Of course, we'll have to just see, but I think the South Seas/Emerald Nightmare expansion is next, and after that, a Burning Legion expansion.

Whatever it is called, its looks awful..

Quote Originally Posted by Ashym View Post
    You can actually see Gorehowl lodged in the ground in Norushen's room during the SoO raid. Or at least it was there as part of the environment during testing. I think this new axe is just made in the image of Gorehowl.
    That's my understanding, too.