Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Xal'atoh/Gorehowl

Super simple question here: Is Xal'atoh a corrupted Gorehowl or is it some facsimile that is just made up of pure old godiness?

10+ Year Old Account
    It looks like a corrupted Gorehowl to me.
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

10+ Year Old Account
    its lame ={ why did blizz have to ruin a beautiful thing

Herald of the Titans Feral Camel's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty sure its the corrupted version of the Gorehowl.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rexighar View Post
    its lame ={ why did blizz have to ruin a beautiful thing
    Original Gorehowl will still be there in Karazhan.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

You can actually see Gorehowl lodged in the ground in Norushen's room during the SoO raid. Or at least it was there as part of the environment during testing. I think this new axe is just made in the image of Gorehowl.

Gorehowl, Corrupted

Infused with old god power
    | Lenovo Legion5 17ACH6H | i7 8700K @ 4.7 GhZ| ASUS Rog Strix Z370-F GAMING | 32 GB Kingston Fury Beast DDR4 3600MHz | 2 x Acer 27" Predator XB271HU | Fractal Design Meshify C | Master MasterLiquid ML360R WaterCooling | Samsung 850 Evo 250GB | Samsung 860 Evo 1TB | Samsung 980 PRO M.2 1Tb | Asus RTX 2070 | EVGA 650W GQ | Steelseries Rival | Logitech G815 | Playstation 5 | Xbox Series X | Nintendo Switch

Deleted
    It's Gorehowl, blessed/imbued by the Old God, Y'Shaarj.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashym View Post
    You can actually see Gorehowl lodged in the ground in Norushen's room during the SoO raid. Or at least it was there as part of the environment during testing. I think this new axe is just made in the image of Gorehowl.
    That would be interesting to see, can you find a pic or a link of that or something?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowJester View Post
    That would be interesting to see, can you find a pic or a link of that or something?
    It doesn't have screenshots for it yet, but it has been confirmed through one or 2 sound files (e.g Jaina's).

I'm getting insanely curious about why he left if there, seriously!
    "Ah... you have learned much... and learned well... an honorable battle.
    In the end, I stood by the warchief, because it was my duty, and I am glad that it was you who struck me down.
    May your strength... lead the horde... into a new era of prosperity..."

-General Nazgrim

It's a copy of gorehowl made from old god stuff to fit in Garrosh's hands because that is the weapon he is use to.
    It's like crossing an intersection. There's shit going on all over the place and you don't panic and act like an idiot then do you?

for those that haven't seen it yet.

I would say this is definitely some kind of corrupt/old god infused version of gorehowl, to be technical, i would say it's a desecrated image of gorehowl.

Xal'atoh, Desecrated Image of Gorehowl is the name of the item.
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashym View Post
    Indeed, I remember it from testing the Sha of Pride.

So, it actually might be something completely different.

Xal'atoh, Desecrated Image of Gorehowl

the name does suggest that it's a copy made of evil sha energy rather than the original infused with evil sha energy

It is not an infused Gorehowl, but rather a copy of it. Two pieces of evidence suggests this;

1) Jaina and Lor'thermar's sound files indicate that Garrosh discarded Gorewhowl in his old throne room (or somewhere in Orgrimmar, at least),
    2) It's named the Desecrated "Image", which would suggest that it was made to look or represent Gorehowl.

Though if that's the case, then I do wonder what will happen to the original Gorehowl.

Quote Originally Posted by Guyviroth View Post
    Though if that's the case, then I do wonder what will happen to the original Gorehowl.
    I'm still holding out hope that SOMEHOW Prince Malchezaar has something to do with it.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    I'm still holding out hope that SOMEHOW Prince Malchezaar has something to do with it.
    Well durr he used to use Gorehowl as his backscratcher.

Quote Originally Posted by rayvio View Post
    Xal'atoh, Desecrated Image of Gorehowl

the name does suggest that it's a copy made of evil sha energy rather than the original infused with evil sha energy
    Yeah I kinda figured, but its better to just check with how wonky lore can get sometimes lol.

You never know when Blizz might just be like "its totes Gorehowl with corruption all over it, but it was still Gorehowl at its heart so that's why it's called Image" or some such nonsense.

Deleted
    I was actually getting angry that Garrosh would allow his father's axe to become that, it's bad enough that the lore has been butchered enough this expac with the corruption cop out, and the Alliance just handing Org back to the Horde.