Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Azlo View Post
    It's frustrating that they just dropped it though without another change.

Crit is still so brutal, and if there's a fight that gives +100% crit or something, we're going to be sat for sure.
    or haste, since we can't use that, we're the worst scaling caster ingame if you consider say +100% crit +200% haste +100% mastery, anything over that haste wise or mastery wise is completely useless, but other casters will just continue gaining dps on dots while flame shock increases by nothing, lets hope there's not another alysrazor fight, being 1/8th of a fire mage is no fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    lol backlash? then the shaman community is retarded, 20% crit? i'm already like 24% in raids, with ilvl 560+ i can imagine we'll be like 27% crit.

NO BLIZZ PLEASE DON'T BUFF MY CHANCES TO PROC LAVA SURGE I WANT LESS DPS.

dumbass shaman community....
    You ar talkin about your self ?? well lets now pretend that you ar not stupid and think in a loong distance, in next expac you ar goin to start with 11% of crit then you start another QQ" gif me back my 25 %chance "..... yea reall dumbass

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    yay less dps cause of pvp, now we're spriests...great -.-
    Hunters say HI!

10+ Year Old Account
    Are we that close to release of 5.4 already? Tuning of the spells and stuff, all done? The release of patch is just days away? I'll worry when that happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    Are we that close to release of 5.4 already? Tuning of the spells and stuff, all done? The release of patch is just days away? I'll worry when that happens.
    There is no way it's not at least a full month away. They haven't even started 25 man or heroic testing yet. 5.2 went live about 1 month after 25 man testing started, and that patch had a lot less going on than 5.4 does. I wouldn't be surprised if it's pushed into September.

Quote Originally Posted by tibbee View Post
    There is no way it's not at least a full month away. They haven't even started 25 man or heroic testing yet. 5.2 went live about 1 month after 25 man testing started, and that patch had a lot less going on than 5.4 does. I wouldn't be surprised if it's pushed into September.
    it doesn't matter when it is released. even if it would be december. if we get another ptr patch without shaman changes the cry will start again I know us, the shaman community. I feel the same when I see "oh great new patch" and scroll down to where shaman changes are written and see something like "hex now has a new model". sad face. you know what I mean^^
    the truth is we have to give them more time. there are a lot of other classes and some other issues are handled first. that doesn't mean they forget us. we always get our last moment changes so we should have more patience.

We only get last moment changes because they forget about us until the end and realize that we have fallen behind because of poor scaling. That is when you see changes to shamanism or something else as a quick band-aid fix. I use to have the attitude "wait it out there is still plenty of time", then I realized the more we wait it out the less things happen. Blizzard does number tuning sure, but they love player feed back more then anything. If we stay silent things will never get done, but at the same time we also can't rant here and discuss the issues at hand just on the MMO forums. People need to post their support, findings, ideas, etc. on the official Blizzard forums to let our voices be heard. The more people the more it helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Leviatron View Post
    We only get last moment changes because they forget about us until the end and realize that we have fallen behind because of poor scaling. That is when you see changes to shamanism or something else as a quick band-aid fix. I use to have the attitude "wait it out there is still plenty of time", then I realized the more we wait it out the less things happen. Blizzard does number tuning sure, but they love player feed back more then anything. If we stay silent things will never get done, but at the same time we also can't rant here and discuss the issues at hand just on the MMO forums. People need to post their support, findings, ideas, etc. on the official Blizzard forums to let our voices be heard. The more people the more it helps.
    To be fair, we got huge, impactful resto changes for probably the first time in the last 2 expansions - but only after a huge community outcry.

That was my whole point. The more voices that speak up, the quicker things improve.

If this FS crit goes live, wouldnt that make the uvols trinket BiS for the rest of the exp? or are the new trinkets as good as they look?

Quote Originally Posted by Northy View Post
    PvP would suck for Ele. That's why.
    Totally bogus.

Such a change would be really OP for PvP, you would just go full 320 Crit in any Slot to reach even more chain lava surge procs than currently while increasing the frequency of insane Fulmination & EB crits.

Quote Originally Posted by Sodia View Post
    You ar talkin about your self ?? well lets now pretend that you ar not stupid and think in a loong distance, in next expac you ar goin to start with 11% of crit then you start another QQ" gif me back my 25 %chance "..... yea reall dumbass
    so we'll probably be gemming crit then, i don't see an issue? how dare we scale with a stat we usually avoid...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mlodgor View Post
    So they recognized problem with crit scaling, and decided to do nothing? Will we see another "we didn't have enough time on PTR" excuse?
    There is no problem with crit scaling. Is it lower than Haste or Mastery? Sure. That doesn't mean it's a "problem". Everyone has the stats they prefer, Elemental prefers Haste and Mastery. Crit isn't so low that we're getting no value out of the points we can't Reforge away or something, its performance is in line with that of other spec's "bad" stats.

Elemental AoE is fine. Yes, EQ isn't very good, and yes, magma totem isn't very good, but chain lightning is FUCKING GOOD. It makes up for the other two lacking. There aren't any raid bosses like halfus in MoP so far, so it isn't an issue.