Contemplating returning, but is it worth it currently?

Good morning all, I've been working away a lot and now I'm back home for a while, I've been looking for a few titles to play after finishing Bioshock Infinite and TLOU I'm thinking about re-starting WoW, when I left I was all over the place with what I was doing in-game, I had just started the Island dailies on a fresh hit 90 monk which I wasn't really enjoying as per say.

I'm stuck in the mindset of I treat the game like a solo game and I know it's not, I haven't had a good guild since TBC, I'm looking at getting back into the game like I was before but I'm completely unsure on what class to play, I would like to DPS with the chance of perhaps tanking in the future. Not really after easy but I also don't want to have to rely on John Madden to learn a class.

So far I'm leaning towards rogue, death-knight or a druid.

If anyone could shed some light on the following for me It would be much appreciated.

1. Is this game currently worth the £9 sub/month?
    2. Is it still hit level 90 and your infested with a daily grind?
    3. Are people still running 'old' content in trade etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's plenty to do other than daily grind, it just depends what you put into the game and what you want out of it. Dailies are one thing that can keep you busy but they're by no means forced. Of course, if you don't ever want to do another quest again, WoW is probably not the game for you any more! But if want to keep the questing light and focus on other things there's plenty of other options for gearing, more so now than at launch too.
    Looking for laid-back casual raiding on EU?
    Our community is looking for more players: Take a look and hit me up for info!

I'd like to just make a character, find a guild, and do everything in the game, to have a full achievement character would be great, I'm just unsure sort of on a class I'd like to enjoy it on

If you consider transmorg helmet to be worth 15$ on top of sub ... then ye. If not. Then go buy 2-5 games on steam summer sale for that price and enjoy life rather than see WOW turn into B2W.

10+ Year Old Account

You can gear up to itemlevel ~500 without doing even one daily now. The moment you hit 90 trade your justice points into honour points and buy the itemlevel 476? PvP gear. That gear is exactly as good as 476 PvE gear.

Depends on your server, mine is empty now (was full during Wrath). In patch 5.4 we will have virtual realms aka server merges so that may change. On more populated servers people definately run those old raids, mostly for achievements & transmog.

I think when 5.4 releases is a good point to return, even a few weeks prior...so beginning of August. When 5.4 is out, the droprate for gear in raidfinder will be increased so you gear up much faster.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Duster505 View Post
    If you consider transmorg helmet to be worth 15$ on top of sub ... then ye. If not. Then go buy 2-5 games on steam summer sale for that price and enjoy life rather than see WOW turn into B2W.
    what does that have to do with anything? I mean, the helmet is COMPLETELY optional. If you don't want to buy it, don't buy it, it's that simple.

Quote Originally Posted by Temperance Brennan View Post
    what does that have to do with anything? I mean, the helmet is COMPLETELY optional. If you don't want to buy it, don't buy it, it's that simple.
    And if dungeons cost 15 dollars each you will also say: Dungeons are completely optional. If you want to do this dungeon buy it, don't want to buy it don't buy it? If transmogear is optional then stats gear is also optional! Who wants stats anyway? I want style!

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maragia View Post
    And if dungeons cost 15 dollars each you will also say: Dungeons are completely optional. If you want to do this dungeon buy it, don't want to buy it don't buy it? If transmogear is optional then stats gear is also optional! Who wants stats anyway? I want style!
    Seriously, stop trolling.

They made some ugly helms to sell on the shop, who cares?

Dungeons are not optional, you actually do need them in order to gear up to be able to raid at all, maybe not now as we are the end the of the x pack.

Please, just don't speak about things you don't even understand.

Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    Seriously, stop trolling.

They made some ugly helms to sell on the shop, who cares?

Dungeons are not optional, you actually do need them in order to gear up to be able to raid at all, maybe not now as we are the end the of the x pack.

Please, just don't speak about things you don't even understand.
    So stat gear is non optional for you? I don't care about stats, I care about style of the gear!! So for me, those helms are non optional!!

They sell gear with stats in the shop, who cares?

Deleted
    If it's worth something, I haven't done a single daily quest in weeks now, you can get lesser charms by killing rares and random mobs (and you need 50 down from 90), and you can easily get valor capped by running heroic scenarios (and you have a chance at getting 516 ilvl gear from them). The downside is you'll need two more people for them (you can't que like for normal scenarios), but there's always people spamming trade for them.

and do everything in the game, to have a full achievement character would be great
    Getting all the achievement is an unrealistic goal, and next to impossible, but you should be able to find at least a social raiding guild once you get some gear and then progress from there. With virtual realms coming next patch, finding a guild shouldn't be too hard.

As for class, you said rogue, dk or druid. Since both dk and rogue are melee, I'll assume you meant feral druid as well. In that case, between rogue and feral, you might want to go rogue, more dps for less effort. Death knight dps in Throne of Thunder is amazing as well.

Also, just ignore the guy trolling about the webshop items.

Depends on the server you play on. If your server was in trouble when you quit, expect it to be dead. I would wait till they start to give out details on vr before you decide to return or not.

Quote Originally Posted by agli View Post
    ... I'm thinking about re-starting WoW, when I left ...I had just started the Island dailies on a fresh hit 90 monk.

I'm looking at getting back into the game like I was before.

If anyone could shed some light on the following for me It would be much appreciated.

1. Is this game currently worth the £9 sub/month?
    You've only been gone 4 months, in that time they added a tiny bit more content in preparation for a larger content patch in a few months time.

1. If you didn't find it worth £9 four months ago, you won't find it worth £9 now.
    2. "Infested with a daily grind" is subjective: there are dailies if you want to do them. There is pvp if you want. There are pet battles, if you want. There is Brawlers Guild, if you want. There is LFR if you want. Bit more hardcore? Join a raid guild... if you want. You pick your own rate of content consumption in WoW, if you find it a horrendous experience, play less and only do the bits you enjoy.
    3. People have been running old content for the last 10 years, your absence did not change this facet of WoW.