Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    HTT was OP for Resto, but very weak for DPS shamans (AG was healing for more on a shorter cd and costs no GCD, Conductivity was at least very good for elemental especially for soloing and heroics/CMs.

As an enhancer, i don't "need" HTT. I was fine without it being baseline, but it's very nice for resto shamans who needed that buff. It isn't just only a gameplay change, so far it's a nice buff.
    Last edited by mmoc4ec7d51a68; 2013-07-21 at 03:32 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Klatar View Post
    HTT was OP for Resto, but very weak for DPS shamans (AG was healing for more on a shorter cd and costs no GCD, Conductivity was at least very good for elemental especially for soloing and heroics/CMs.
    Most Shaman (of all specs) were picking up HTT.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    What? Never. For PVP perhaps some more.

http://www.worldofwargraphs.com/stat...0-0-0-0-0.html

Enhance: 72% took AG, 24 HTT -> mostly PVPers took HTT, for PVE AG was the clearly better choice. It also heals enermous amounts like 5-10 mios per application (on a 2min cd, not 3 min). And even for elemental, AG was the mostly used choice (54.x%).

Bad ones, maybe.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Klatar View Post
    What? Never. For PVP perhaps some more.

http://www.worldofwargraphs.com/stat...0-0-0-0-0.html

Enhance: 72% took AG, 24 HTT -> mostly PVPers took HTT, for PVE AG was the clearly better choice. It also heals enermous amounts like 5-10 mios per application (on a 2min cd, not 3 min). And even for elemental, AG was the mostly used choice (54.x%).
    Saying "never" and then admitting that it's a different story in PvP is pretty contradictory don't you think?

In PvP 66% of Enhance shaman took HTT, and 91% of Elemental Shaman took it.

We can pretend that "pvp doesn't matter", but it does.

so you mean most "PVP" shamans?
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    so you mean most "PVP" shamans?
    No, all specs except for Enhance, where it's pretty close to even.

The point is that there was been fairly little in the way of Shaman talent changes.

10+ Year Old Account
    The only talent I'm glaring at is Elemental Blast, which is pretty much only useful for Elemental.
    It's really clunky for Enhancements since it adds another button to their rotation especially given hardcasting EB is sometimes necessary for them.
    I personally tried EB on resto. didn't like it at all after the first few dungeons and went back to Primal Elementalist. I think if EB is allowed to heal someone it should give an incentive for resto shaman to pick it.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    If you ignore T3, yes.

It's worth remembering that until 5.4 the healing tier was a joke in that talents were mandatory depending on your spec.
    Conductivity was an option in any of the hypothetical add fights with aoe damage that didn't exist at the time.

They actually allowed it to function on Ji-Kun and realized how poorly concieved a talent Conductivity was. It completely skips over the middle ground, being either OP or pointless in just about every situation, and a DPS loss absolutely all of the time.

Ancestral Guidance is good with the Resto 4 piece, and extremely powerful as a DPS.

I just want one of the odd tiers entirely replaced.

Quote Originally Posted by thumbwarriordx View Post
    Conductivity was an option in any of the hypothetical add fights with aoe damage that didn't exist at the time.

They actually allowed it to function on Ji-Kun and realized how poorly concieved a talent Conductivity was. It completely skips over the middle ground, being either OP or pointless in just about every situation, and a DPS loss absolutely all of the time.

Ancestral Guidance is good with the Resto 4 piece, and extremely powerful as a DPS.

I just want one of the odd tiers entirely replaced.
    (PVE) AG was the go-to for dps, HTT for resto. Conductivity being good for 1 fight and useless for all the others proves how bad it was.

Deleted
    No, all specs except for Enhance, where it's pretty close to even.

The point is that there was been fairly little in the way of Shaman talent changes.
    im sorry, what? i didnt know 1,5m (tops) is equal to nearly 3mil, not counting the 1minute lower cd.

I don't see how that would be OP. Those totems would retain the same CDs, and you can stack SLT and HTT right now since they are different elements. So if you decide to burn through all of your healing CDs at once, it would be the same healing output as if you staggered your healing effects. At the very least, Elemental Harmony would prevent you from accidentally overriding one of your totems by dropping another totem of the same element. And yes, it would be highly beneficial in PvP, and provide the class with a lot more flexibility with their utility.

For DPS shaman, the majority of the benefits would probably come from PvP, but I can think of several occasions while leveling where I wished I could drop SBT and Earthgrab at the same time.
    ah ok. mixed the elements^^ ok but that means even more a talent you would perhaps rarely pick. so it really is only an issue with the earth totems especially sbt, earth elemental and if you need tremor and earthgrab.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nebria View Post
    ah ok. mixed the elements^^ ok but that means even more a talent you would perhaps rarely pick. so it really is only an issue with the earth totems especially sbt, earth elemental and if you need tremor and earthgrab.
    There's also air totems. I would love to be able use SLT, Capacitor, and GT at one time.

There's also air totems. I would love to be able use SLT, Capacitor, and GT at one time.
    yes for sure but it is not that problematic as the totems itself don't live very long and I think the situation where you have one out and need another one is not that often as you have this issue on earth totems.

yes for sure but it is not that problematic as the totems itself don't live very long and I think the situation where you have one out and need another one is not that often as you have this issue on earth totems.
    Not necessarily. GT has a low enough cd to be used on every SLT and CPT as a guardian, cathcing the first spell meant to erase our stun, allowing a bigger window of making it hit, as well as increasing the duration of slt being unbothered. Some people might not even expect the targeted totem to survive the first cast, and proceed with something else, or notice it to late to be worth stomping it still.
    Quote Originally Posted by Angoth
    I'm sorry that Blizzard won't just gift wrap awesome in a cup and let you drink your fill.

Quote Originally Posted by Omanley View Post
    Not necessarily. GT has a low enough cd to be used on every SLT and CPT as a guardian, cathcing the first spell meant to erase our stun, allowing a bigger window of making it hit, as well as increasing the duration of slt being unbothered. Some people might not even expect the targeted totem to survive the first cast, and proceed with something else, or notice it to late to be worth stomping it still.
    GT for sure. it is indeed an useful combination. remembers of the old stoneclaw totem usage in pvp^^

10+ Year Old Account
    GT for sure. it is indeed an useful combination. remembers of the old stoneclaw totem usage in pvp^^
    I really think Elemental Harmony would be a great spell for that tier. Not only does it fit the tier, but its an interesting and flexible ability.

Another talent I would swap is Wind Walker totem. I'd make it baseline and replace it with Repulsion Totem;

Repulsion Totem
    Instant cast
    Summons an Air totem with 5 health at the feet of the caster for 15 sec that repels enemies.

but they won't give us everything baseline and I mean it has no sense imo that every talent that seems weak to make baseline and create a new talent.
    I mean talents are there to make a decision what to use. and I find windwalk totem or something to root a good decision. it is a hard one for pvp as you would want everything^^ and for pve it often doesn't matter as there are rare situations where you would need windwalk and else can use one of the roots.
    this repulsing totem is very similar to earthgrab in my opinion and copies a talent from druids except it is weaker again because you can kill the totem. and because the totem will pull the player to its position it is easy countered. the only benefit is it is a air totem.
    the druids version is so strong because you can't counter it. only by getting out of range. and in combination with solar beam it is borderline op at least against shamans imo.

Herald of the Titans Darksoldierr's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I think, talents are fine, dont think so there will be more changes. But, i do hope they do something overall with the talent system. I really dislike having only 3 choice per tier
    Time is on our side
    Brutal Gladiator Enhancement Shaman *rawr*

Deleted
    From ele prospect
    T1..close to perfect
    T2.. has more pvp use and if something needs some attention is frozen power
    T3…Well…………………………………………………………………..of all abilities-utility totems can have these are the 3 choices?tp needs replaced and become baseline.
    My favorite for replace is to make totems cast able under any situation.
    I can’t take it (tp) because tr and call is way more useful but I’d love to have tp cause of several use in pve but most important to me is to put(baseline) some strategy in capacitor totem(pvp)
    T4..not awesome not bad
    T5…I love ag!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    T6… ….how do I put it…I put it the way I feel it…just give elemental blast a signature spell for ele(it feels like you designed for ele and become talent) end replace it with a channeling aoe spell(earthquake style..but not earthquake effectiveness)
    The other 2 choices are great..