Enneagram 4 class?

I just had a thought. For the purposes of roleplaying, which class and/or spec would you say would be the best fit for a character who is a Type 4 using the Enneagram system of personality types?

http://www.enneagraminstitute.com/ty...p#.UcyvCG29Hjs

A mage or warlock... seems like a personality that would spend a lot of time in a private library researching something.

Keep in mind this type is ruled by their heart more so than their head, so wouldn't a Shadow Priest make more sense than a Warlock?
    Last edited by JFrombaugh; 2013-06-28 at 03:21 AM.

Not inherently.

I don't believe that classes have a specific personality archetype or personality requirement (for the most part. Cough, priests and paladins, cough)... rather, they have an umbrella. You could easily have a philosophical hunter or warrior or what have you.

Like I said, this typology seems a little insular, at least from a first glance, so some class that has an excuse to be a bit isolated would be the smallest stretch.

Quote Originally Posted by The Madgod View Post
    I don't believe that classes have a specific personality archetype or personality requirement (for the most part. Cough, priests and paladins, cough)... rather, they have an umbrella. You could easily have a philosophical hunter or warrior or what have you.
    See, I have always gotten the impression otherwise. My estimation is that, on average, somewhere approaching 70% of ALL the NPCs you will meet in-game of any given race and/or class will fit a specific "stereotypical" personality archetype, and the minority who *don't* fit it are generally regarded as crazy, stupid, evil, or all three by the rest of their comrades.

For example, Jaina used to be much more emotionally driven than most mages of the Kirin Tor, as well as much more friendly and diplomatic than most Humans, but she pretty much remained a figure of perpetual mockery until Tides of War when her emotional trauma coincided with the realization that nice won't cut it.

In fact, this is one reason why the Pandaren have turned out to be much more interesting than I initially thought they would be, I think they have what is probably the biggest variation of in-race personalities you will find in this game...

It's also been confirmed many times in-lore that it takes a very rare person to be able to become a Warlock without being consumed by the Fel energies and becoming evil.
    Last edited by JFrombaugh; 2013-06-30 at 06:49 PM.

Like I said, they have an umbrella. There isn't one single personality that they have, or one single moral alignment.

What you see with the pandaren is how all the races (and the majority of classes) should look in lore. It's simply Blizzard upping their game to where it should be at.

Mage and warlock fulfill the introverted bent of type 4, but those two classes are a stronger match to the scholarly type 5. A very shadow-oriented emo goth kind of warlock could fit better than the typical Faustian or Promethean warlock motivations. Type 4 is more of a dreamy head-in-the-clouds poet, which to me says non-feral druid, mistweaver monk, or any type of priest.