Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Looking Ahead: Guild Wars 2 in 2013

Huge blog post on where GW2 is going to for the rest of 2013. If they can do all of this (or even a grand majority) by this year, it would be awesome. Love the idea of bringing back the GW1 horizontal skill progression. I need to do something with my 298 extra skill points on my thief.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/l...ars-2-in-2013/
    Last edited by carnifex2005; 2013-07-18 at 02:22 PM.

Some very good stuff in the article. I'm glad they are removing MF from gear finally, and the changes to Champions' loot is needed too. And new legendary weapons and ARMOUR to come later on in the year..damn they've got me intrigued

Deleted
    I like everything besides 1 thing...

At 500, crafters will be able to craft ascended weapons and armor.
    i hate this ascended stuff

I'm glad to see Arenanet is still staying away from a gear treadmill, it's one thing I really don't like about mmos. I remember when the Burning Crusade came out I was so upset that I had to get my gear all over again to be competitive in pvp.
    Last edited by worprz; 2013-07-18 at 02:40 PM.

I wonder if adding new skills will deepen the gameplay. As is, the game's biggest stumbles are in the secondary systems and the shallowness of their core play mechanics; attacking, character builds, abilities, etc.

The art direction of the game is superb. And the core gameplay is well executed. here just isn't a lot to think about in GW2. Which was not the case in GW1, partly due to the huge skill lists in GW1, but also due to the synergies and possible build paths. One could spend the entire lifespan of GW1 and not posses mastery of all the skill & class combinations.

It's that sort of depth of thought or consideration that Guild Wars 2 lacks in it's more mass market aspirations.

Here's the TLDR version I grabbed from a poster on Massively...

- Dungeons will have a 2x daily "Gold Reward", bosses have coin removed and replaced with Champion Chests.

-All Champion mobs in the game will have a Champion Chest (similar to how meta bosses have chests now)

-Crafting will increase to 500 (At 500, crafters will be able to craft ascended weapons and armor.)

-New Acct Bound crafting materials.

-New Skills/Trait to be the game's progression (No raising of the level cap, only increasing the amount of skills at 80).

-Magic find being removed from gear stat, instead being account bound + consumables only.

-Specific way to build Precursers

-New Legendary weapons and gear in 2013

-Legendary items to be changed to stat-mutating (no need to transmute, change out-of-combat stat combo).

-WvW Orbs finally getting replacement mechanic

-Legendary Weapon skins in sPvP!!!!!

-New sPvP maps

-Tutorial revamp (to help ease Asian launch, and explain mechanics better)

-LFG tool
    Last edited by carnifex2005; 2013-07-18 at 02:46 PM.

They better fucking fix the first legendary weapons before adding more.

The legendary focus is just awful, how they could leave it like that is beyond me.

- - - Updated - - -

Wait so are they revamping dungeons or just the gold?

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    The legendary focus is just awful, how they could leave it like that is beyond me.
    Do you mean the stats on it or something else? If it's the stats than they did mention being able to set the stats that are on the legendaies outside of combat. I've never really looked at the Legendary Focus at all.

About removing the MF from gear... I guess obviously they'll just replace the stat with something else but I am really curious how they will determine what that other stat is.

Having a specific way to build precursors sounds awesome. The RNGness of the current drives me crazy

- - - Updated - - -

Wait so are they revamping dungeons or just the gold?
    I think just the rewards are mentioned in that... though I do seem to recall in a previous post them saying they plan on revamping the rest of the dungeons like they did with AC, but they are going to do it slowly and as it fits in with the story.

I've never really looked at the Legendary Focus at all.
    First of all it's small, like really small. It wouldn't be a problem but it only has 2 spell effects that last 3 seconds when you unsheathe it. Very small music notes that you have to zoom in very very very close to see (only last a few seconds) and the focus plays a soft music note for about 2 seconds and in order to hear it you have to turn off your background music and turn your volume up.

That thing is bad. There is a reason it's precursor is only 40 gold

I wish instead of new skills they bring back cross professions

that will never happen

I'm hoping with new skills they add in new weapon skills to choose from. If they allowed us to pick the 5 skills from a weapon out of a pool of say 10 skills I think it would put a heck of a lot more diversity into the game.

main hand pistol mesmer main hand pistol mesmer...

if only...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    that will never happen

I'm hoping with new skills they add in new weapon skills to choose from. If they allowed us to pick the 5 skills from a weapon out of a pool of say 10 skills I think it would put a heck of a lot more diversity into the game.
    Return of GW1 signet capture?

that will never happen

Yes and no. You'd still have Meledelion running around saying you need X, Y, K, M, and T for weapon Z or you're playing wrong

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by rhandric View Post
    Yes and no. You'd still have Meledelion running around saying you need X, Y, K, M, and T for weapon Z or you're playing wrong
    well you had that in Guild Wars 1 as well. You have that in every game

well you had that in Guild Wars 1 as well. You have that in every game
    Yup, absolutely. The thing about GW1, though, was that you rarely, if ever, had 1 build that was the absolute best for everything/everyWHERE in the game - and if builds like that did creep up, skills were rebalanced to disrupt the meta, for the benefit of the game. Which is why I completely agree with your idea, I was just being a smartass, because that's what I do

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

Would not be reconcilable with the current gameplay systems that support combat within the game.

They're definitely headed in the right direction. Currently, the replayability of events is dismal, which also goes for dungeons. Incentives are few and far between, so stuff like extra gold and skins is a great way to liven the world again. No point in promoting a living world when everyone is chain farming the same events and ignoring everything else.

My main gripe, though, is with challenge. There is very little, if any, aside from a few jumping puzzles. I hope that 'unique raid' stuff comes out and really brings the challenge.

Note: I do not consider AR farming a challenge, so FotM (Fractals) are designed terribly IMO. Alludes back to farming for resist gear in Black Temple and such.

Finally they grew a brain and will delete magic find from the game, about time.

I also like that they are increasing their staff, hopefully that leads to actual fixes instead of amateur bandaids.

LFG is also good news but way overdue.

Changing stats on legendaries whenever you change build without wasting weapons is awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by rhandric View Post
    Yup since there will always be a best way of building...